Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ Rusty Bumper. Thanks a lot for your insight! Everyone is helping me so much. I really feel like in a few months I can have this business up and running to earn some money that will help with my college education. Sorry for this total noob question, but what is ONR? And about the OCW, I heard from some people around my area that spray wax is inferior to the liquid and rub on versions. But I can see how it saves time. Can you explain what you mean by the jugs? Like instead of a hose? Or to use with the wash mitt?

I have also been very uncertain with my prices. I went to Danny`s Car Wash and discovered to get our Audi Q7 completely detailed it would cost above $200 :banghead: And even at BMW and Audi North Scottsdale, a detail costs over $100 WITH A COUPON! I was pretty disgusted with these prices since I do a better job myself than them. We always have water spots, steaks, swirl marks left over. I think that eveyone is entitled to have their care detailed whether you drive a Toyota, a BMW, or Bentley. So I really want to make my prices stand out especially with the quality I put into each car as if its my own. But I do understand your point. I have had only lightly soiled to medium soiled cars. I dont want to imagine whats out there...:w00t: So I will definitely look around for more local detailers and possibly raise my prices. I just do not want people to think I am unfair especially because I do not have the expertise as some professionals do...yet

And I have looked into Menzerna. The results looks unbelievable, however I want to limit my budget, because I have already put a good amount of money into my supplies. So hopefully in a few months when i turn a profit, I can have some extra cash and get to play with the big, expensive chemicals :clap:

Thanks a lot,

Gimlet

Post Thanks / Like
    @ CH. Detailing. I really like your idea to add a "plus" feature. I think I may actually use it. But before I decide, can you help me with my prices, I know it may vary on area, but what prices would you associate with each? I am trying to be as honest as possible, and do not want to cheat myself or my customers.

$1600 is not a whole lot for a business opperating fee, but with college on the horizon, I may hold onto that cash for now. So I think I will just make some business cards and fliers to give to my neighbors and some friends I have that are well connected. I cannot even dream of doing the paint correction yet, but in the future, I think it will be neat to have a detailing service on the side.

And I will definitely not limit myself to AutoZone or Checker. I really like PAC, and just ordered some Meguiar`s polish, glaze, and wax! I will be sure to detail our BMW this week and I will post some pics so you guys can tell me how I did, and offer some advice to get me going the right way.

Thanks a whole lot. You really helped.

Gimlet

Post Thanks / Like
    In reference to the packages I posted, I would suggest you charge the following amounts.

1) Hand Wash, $30

2) Wash and Wax, $45

3) Deluxe, $60

With the `plus` option being an additional $15, which would cover vacuuming the carpets and upholstery, as well as cleaning and protecting the interior surfaces.

These prices are your starting point, for an average sized car (your BMW for instance) in decent condition. For excessively filthy vehicles or vehicles with alot of surface area don`t be ashamed to charge more money.
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    To echo Connor, don`t be afraid to charge extra for heavily soiled vehicles, especially trucks. I remember seeing a few Zoni`s driving around in lifted trucks that were just covered in mud, when I had to go out there for work. Remember that heavily soiled vehicles may require you to do a pre-soak, resulting in more product use, so charge accordingly.
    Joshua 1:9- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be affraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome

Don`t have much to add other then if you get to Memphis I have 2 cars that need a wash-n-wax :angel:

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright Thanks so much guys! As soon as my chemicals get here I will take some before and after pics of the bimmer. And hopefully you guys can lead me from there. I appreciate all the help, and I look forward to posting some more stuff and eventually get rid of my noob-ness ancing Dot:

Anyways thanks again everyone,

Gimlet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information