Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    As previously stated, a picture is worth a thousand words :-?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll try to post some pics asap. The cars are assembled in AL, so don`t know if shipping from overseas, etc is the issues. Thanks for the responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    This blob wouldn`t happen to have a white tint to it now would it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This blob wouldn`t happen to have a white tint to it now would it?
    Excuse me, I just reread your post. Blue spots sounds like someone has been doing some painting around your vehicle. Look around that underground garage for something that has been freshly painted that color

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Guys I took some pics but can`t get them to upload for some reason - something about a security token. They were not very good anyway. I used a decent camera, both in my garage and outside, but all you can really see is the reflection of what`s above my car. You can see the spots but they are not clear - they look like a reflection of the sun (but are not).

I`m seeing more and mroe of these, even some on the back windshield now, which seems to indicate environmental cause, not paint defect. They are not drift from painting.

Is there a good pro detailer in the Raleigh, NC area I could take my car to and have him take a look?

Thanks for your help - I`m starting to freak!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes there is, try to PM weekendwarrior aka David and /or michakaveli aka Christopher. These fine gents will work magic on your ride!:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Yes there is, try to PM weekendwarrior aka David and /or michakaveli aka Christopher. These fine gents will work magic on your ride!:wizard:
    x2 on weekendwarrior and michakaveli :wizard:

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, by process of elimination, it appears these spots are being caused by some kind of lime/calcium leaching from the concrete in my underground parking deck. Again, I`m seeing these on both the paint and glass now. Some are smooth, others rough. The rough ones almost look like they have a pinhead size spot of rust in the middle (this is a new, black car).

Any thoughts on what products/how to fix? I`m a complete noob and don`t have machines, etc. Anything I`d do, I`d do by by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnerwolf View Post
    OK, by process of elimination, it appears these spots are being caused by some kind of lime/calcium leaching from the concrete in my underground parking deck. Again, I`m seeing these on both the paint and glass now. Some are smooth, others rough. The rough ones almost look like they have a pinhead size spot of rust in the middle (this is a new, black car).

Any thoughts on what products/how to fix? I`m a complete noob and don`t have machines, etc. Anything I`d do, I`d do by by hand.
    This is the reason I was asking earlier if the spots were white. I have never seen blue lime. I have been through this battle before :StarWars:

What happens is when it rains the water seeps thru the concrete and drips onto your paint. I would almost be willing to bet that you park on the outer edges of this garage? (I would also be willing to bet that this garage is pre 1960) If you are assigned this spot you need to speak with the garage manager and request/demand a spot in the center of the garage :cursing:

Here is the bad news. I don`t have an exact timeline, but once that stuff sits on your paint for an extended amount of time nothing will remove it. It etches straight through the clear coat. You may try giving your car a bath with straight APC (in the shade) or perhaps even come up with a concoction using lime away X_X

What I recommend you doing is getting the garage manager on the horn and asking them what he/she plans on doing to rectify this situation. From my past experience unless you catch this very early, only a respray will correct this issue

Good luck with this and keep us posted how it all turns out :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    APC? Do you mean Meguairs All Purpose Cleaner? Does anyone have recommendations as to how much to dilute CLR if I go that route?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnerwolf View Post
    APC? Do you mean Meguairs All Purpose Cleaner? Does anyone have recommendations as to how much to dilute CLR if I go that route?
    Before you go doing anything I would take several pictures. Talk with the garage manager and get 2 estimates from 2 seperate body shops :2 cents:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information