Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    John, if you do go ahead and try the Pinnacle Paste Glaze you`re going to love it. Trust me. It is the EASIEST wax to work with. It applies so smoothly and effortlessly and its removal is nearly as easy. Laters

Post Thanks / Like

My car needs some work...03 Honda Accord

Hi All!

I am new to this site and have lurked as a guest for a few days. There is a ton of information here!

Well I have an 03 Honda Accord in Pearl Grey and it is the worst car I have ever seen for dents and scratches. I always washed it (incorrectly according to this site) and have waxed it twice in the 3 years I have had it(best I could do at the time :/). I recently used NuFinish polish as my "wax" for the year and tried their scratch remover but was unsuccessful in doing anything to the car. I don`t like the finish NuFinish gave me. I`ve read alot on here and was introduced to claying and compounds and polish versus wax versus paint sealant (which still confuses me a little) and want to go further and learn how to detail my car right. So, I need to get rid of all these scratches and find the right products to use and how to use them. I have an orbital buffer (very imprecise in my opinion and got wax on my plastic trim turning it a grayish color) and car wash solution but that`s it. I`ll attach pictures here of my car for your viewing pleasure.

The car as a whole

See the discoloration to the left of the trunk? Where did that come from? How do I get rid of it?

A couple scratches on my bumper from hauling stuff in and out of my trunk

Very fine scratches from the previous owner(dealer must have not cared to remove them when they sold me the car) from keys

Someone really threw their door into my car and left paint, scratches, and a dent I would be happy with just getting rid of the white.

The front of the hood is rusting and I think touchup paint was just thrown on top of the rust...also can you see all the little white spots from rocks hitting my hood?

And finally, scratches from a bike pedal on the plastic and the paint!

So what can I do? I need to stay on a budget and want to learn how to do it myself. I think a good starting point for just regular waxing of my car is http://properautocare.com/mesmsuclkit.html because it comes with wax and such but let me know what you think.

Thanks for all the help!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID wabsrck, I`ll be at the office on Monday and can help you out on your ride. Give me a call at PAC.:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID wabsrck.

Angelo can absolutely help you out with whatever you need. He is the BEST!!!

There are a lot of things that you can do with your car. Check out this link. It is a good starting point with good information and how-to`s.
    http://www.properautocare.com/problemsolving.html

Let us know how it turns out and be sure to post some pictures.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID! I agree... give Angelo a call and he`ll get you fixed up!

The finish on your Honda can be looking good with a few hours work and the right tools and products!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I think I know what to do for all of the scratches but what do I do about the rust and touch up paint on the hood? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Welcome to TID wabsrck, I`ll be at the office on Monday and can help you out on your ride. Give me a call at PAC.:wizard:
    Angelo will be able to answer all of your questions Da Rules!

Angelo, are you saying you will be out of the office this entire week :Snowman:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information