Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, its too bad. Somehow I imagine that most people who purchase their car care products at auto parts stores may not be used to a product that performs the way that the EO Concours Tire shine product does. I would imagine that they might be disappointed in its lack of glossiness. At any rate, it might be a good idea to stock up on some. I hope Brad didn`t get them all. Hehe! Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote from email from Eagle One in response to my questioning if Protectant was the same as the Concours:
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

If you are looking for the same results and shine, I would recommend using our Eagle One Protectant. It will offer you identical results and perform exaactly the same.</blockquote>That`s about as frankly as they can say, "It`s the same exact formula!"

I guess we don`t need to panic and buy up all of the Concours everywhere then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi to everyone on the board, especially those reading this post. Since my direct office number is now posted on this board, thanks Brad, j/k, I figured I would check out the conversation going on and give my feedback. Brad definitely did a professional job helping you all and dealing with me, so first I must thank him.

Now on to the good stuff. I saw alot of intelligent responses regarding our product and am glad you are all happy with it. As for it being discontinued, the reason was the sales numbers vs Wet Tire Shine. The majority of consumers come from auto parts stores. These end users seem to want a glossy finish as they relate that to looking better. To each his own, but it seems that the true detailing enthusiasts prefer the Concours Satin Finish. I agree with that state of mind, as it does look classier than having a tire that blinds when it reflects the sun. Because demand for the Concours has slipped, it was decided to discontinue it. However, as Brad posted, the Protectant is a great, if not better replacement. As for the formulas being the same - well, they are VERY similar, but not quite the same. Not just a marketing ploy, but an honest answer.

Even though production was halted, we still have a surplus of it in our wharehouse. I don`t have exact numbers in front of me, but we do have enough of it to go around. It`s just that not many retailers are ordering it as the Wet Shine out sells it. If you did want to order it direct, we do sell it that way, but policy has incorporated an additional $5 handling charge to all orders under $25. I`m sorry, but I can`t get around that.

I think this should have helped answer some of the questions about this, but if anybody has any others you can e-mail me.

Thanks for the support guys

Joseph Kissel

Post Thanks / Like
    I presume you work for Eagleone is that right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for checking in, Joseph. I`ll receive my order soon, I assume. And I must get some of the new product and try it as well.

We look forward to having company reps such as yourself inform or correct us on info about their products. Please feel free to say hi once in a while.:up

Yes, Joseph is a representative for Eagle One.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    I work for E1 and happen to be the one Brad spoke with and also the person that responded to a few users of the board who wrote us about the Concours Satin Finish. Well, I guess since you all have my direct number you can call me when you have questions, just don`t get upset if I am not at my desk, alot goes on here and we are a small office. I never knew this forum existed until another user e-mailed me today and sent the threads. SO I figured I would register, drop a note, and then come back once in awhile to see if there is anything I can help with and to learn new tricks. You never stop learning. Anything information, comments, complaints I see will be communicated here. So just keep in mind that there is some of out here listening, at relaying info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool!

Welcome to the forums E36 M Sedan!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i think its really cool that a rep would check in and actually see what some of their customers think.....especially considering how dedicated a consumer base Autopia represents.thx again..:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Joseph,

Thanks for giving us the offical update on the Concours. I was a fan of the Concours, I even wrote a review of the product under the product reviews section. I am not a fan of glossy looking tires, I like the matte factory look. Needless to say I was disappointed to hear the Concours was being discontinued, it`s a great product. I will be sure to try the interior/exterior protectant when I run out of my current stash of Concours.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Just as long as they keep making 20/20 glass cleaner, I`m happy

I tried Concours once or twice and really liked it, but when I can get Meguiars Rubber and Vinyl by the gallon...it just wasn`t cost effective for me.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    were ecstatic to have an E1 rep, I was just about to write up a post about E1 being the "Best bang for the buck". This forum is the BEST bar none, and I mean that. Can you get us any discounts over there? (Hey, gotta "grease the wheel") Later.

Post Thanks / Like
    "grease the wheel"? Seems to be an appropriate phrase in a thread about TIRE DRESSING... I could not stop laughing!
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys remember he has to obey the SPAM rules so we must take it easy on him I think.

Maybe we need a FORUM for our product manufacturers topost in. That way they can talk about their product and we know they can in there?

HMMMM. I will ask DB.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess, Since CMA sells Eagle One products, I would think he should be fine talking about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joesph is the E1 rep I quoted in my original posts on this subject. I did not tell him I was going to post his remarks here and that`s why I omitted his name from my posts. It was never my intent to drag him or anyone else at E1 into this discussion.

But I am glad he decided to join the club and post his remarks. Joesph was very prompt and professional in his responses, as you all can see. Folks like him can be a great asset to us as they provide a perspective on products and applications that we never know about or understand.

I join y`all in welcoming Joesph to Autopia.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information