Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    :p the neigborhood we grew up in in brooklyn(she still lives there0.is a huge party section of town....there`s literally 66 bars in a 20 block radius....nice restaurants to...not dives ..these bars...really nice...and the best thing was i could just walk home or stumble anyway........its a very small mostly Irish section of brooklyn....i mean i used to fall asleep on peoples lawns when i couldnt make it all the way home....and nobody ever said a word.....ah!!!!the ol days..........memories.........

Post Thanks / Like
    I still sleep on peoples lawns!

New Orleans is one big BAR with no container laws to speak of!

Plus the chicks flash ya on the street during Mardi Gras for some 2 cent beads!

Post Thanks / Like
    or the real world when they were there...we never had conatiner laws...but they would take your beerif you ribbed theor face in it....but now....only cans...no bottles..........hey.....is this a detailing site............

Post Thanks / Like

Toyota Tacoma spot on paint

Hello,

Used ONR to wash this white pick up truck. On rear right panel just above the muffler---is a large about 12 inch circular light tan, light brown colored area that didn`t wash off.. Owner pointed it out to me--above the muffler. YOu can`t scratch it off with fingernail,, to explain it--looks like light tan paint, but must be something from the exhaust---anyone have any ideas, thanks, It`s paper thin too, I don`t have camera to take photo. Thanks, softoa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by softoa View Post
    Hello,

Used ONR to wash this white pick up truck. On rear right panel just above the muffler---is a large about 12 inch circular light tan, light brown colored area that didn`t wash off.. Owner pointed it out to me--above the muffler. YOu can`t scratch it off with fingernail,, to explain it--looks like light tan paint, but must be something from the exhaust---anyone have any ideas, thanks, It`s paper thin too, I don`t have camera to take photo. Thanks, softoa.
    Try washing that area with a soft bristle brush using Purple Power full strenght. Make sure your brush is free of any contaminents(rocks/tar)

If that don`t do it, try a cleaner wax on that area. I`m not sure of a good over the counter product, but maybe someone else will see this and chime in. Being that the color is white, IMPO you have the greatest chance for easy improvement/full correction of this problem

Glad to see you have been finding some work. You go gettum girl :sarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, when you say its right above the muffler, I have to wonder if there is/was a panel above the muffler attached to the inside of the fender, to help deflect the heat the muffler puts out and prevent it from burning through the paint...

Hopefully, its something like grease, etc., but normally, grease wouldnt be deposited in a circular pattern just on one spot, right? But a burn would more likely have that circular pattern you mention - hope this is not the case for you..

If it feels oily, greasy, etc., I would first try a body solvent, or even something like Miracle Goof-Off with a QTip on just one tiny spot, to see if it worked.
    It should not harm the paint, but like everything else, it is always good to test a spot - the smaller the better in a place that is painted that would not be seen, like under the rear quarter panel, or under the body, that is painted the same color.
    I use these 2 products all the time, to remove tree sap, etc., that falls from the trees around here, and have never had it remove or harm any outside metal painted automotive surfaces.

Good luck with this, let us know how it goes..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I tried Mcguiars cleaner/wax with a brush, and the purple power too, but it didn`t seem to help. I can`t feel anything-there----no oil , no greasey feeling, yes Dan I think--it really looks like a cloud of smoke.. I don`t have any of that goo stuff, but will get some as I like to have things on hand for a while anyway.

Anyway, that`s fine---these folks are farmers, and he doesn`t care, he said---he doesn`t really notice it when all the mud he`s in is on it. He works with beef cattle, drives that truck in the fields, etc---and unless you really are within about 3 feet of it, I didn`t see it either, as luckily a big portion of it is behind the mud flap on that horizontal underneath part of that rear panel above his muffler that I shined nicely. He`s picked up his truck, and said he can`t even smell the manure on the inside either. ha.!~! softoa, opal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Opal,

You did a great job on that truck - the client was happy, and it smelled good inside !!!

I really hope its something on top of the paint and not something like heat that burned the paint from the inside out..

Miracle Goof-Off is available in these little yellow, metal cans, at almost any hardware store, Home Depot (in the paint section), Lowe`s, etc..

There are other products that just came to mind - Tarminator, by Stoner, sold here at PAC, etc., but this one product has been good for me in removing all kinds of stuff stuck to vehicles, without harming the paint..

Good luck with this, Congratulations on making that truck shine !!

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    kind of you to reply again sir. An 86 year old farmer stopped by, he said, that`s a stain--he said it`s from the exhaust, he`s had them on his trucks before, so now we know. some type of stain deal.. softoa.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like manure stains.:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Opal,

Well if the consensus is an exhaust stain, then you might want to try a little rubbing compound on it - do you have any rubbing compound products?
    If not, perhaps Angelo can help recommend a good product for you to get..

Hey Angelo, per your reply below, maybe it is cow-exhaust staining then??

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Sounds like manure stains.:wizard:

lol :wizard:

Post Thanks / Like
    hello , No, I don`t have any rubbing compound products, I don`t even know what they are--- I`m just trying this for the summer season for fun, and am enjoying it.. The owner doesn`t mind about that spot and he said his other Toyota truck had that problem too---over time, and he`s going to sell the truck soon anyway.. softoa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information