Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ok...swindled my friend out of a little of his ZFX....he gave me 1/2 of what he had....i didnt trust him so i emailed Sal for the exact directions...as usual my friend messed it up a little...and...Sal ...although surprised didnt get mad that i got it...so.

.............i had it in a little dropper vial...about 1" high and maybe holding about 1-2ml....the fluid was dark blue and seemed thin not thick like i had imagined it would be....anyway....i took one of the small bottles that sal had given my friend....it holds about 2oz....the rule was....5 drops per oz..you put some Z2/5 in the bottle...add the 5 drops/oz and then mix it up well...once u mix it its good for 6 hrs minimum but according to sal can be used up to 12hrs

....i will add in here just in case... that the whole purpose of ZFX is to be a catalyst and speed up the drying/curing time for any Zaino polish(Z2/5)...allowing for multiple coats in 1 day(sal says up to 3 a day).....so

........its 60 degrees out...sunny...little windy.....i washed my car as usual ...2 bucket whole deal...blah blah...once it was all dry i let it sit in the sun for about 1/2 hr to really get all the excess water out....then i mixed the Z5/ZFX(2oz/10drops)....then i Z6`d and immediately started applying the first coat of ZFX with a large Viking foam applicator(thx Inter)...i went real thin ..as usual and i coud see right off the bat that it was almost flash drying a little like the Z1 does.....so i pressed on....i had to look at it very carefully because i wanted to see any effects "as they happened"....i didnt notice too much besides the flash drying because i was so intent on getting it on and sitting back to watch the car.....anyway....by the time i finished the last panel.....WOW!!...the first panel i did ..already had the whole zaino dried haze going on...i wiped it with my finger and it came right off....but...sal had said to wait about 10 minutes after you aplly it... so i sat back and had a cool one.....i was counting the minutes guys...12 minutes later(was in the bathroom..)...i went out and the whole friggin car was ready to be wiped off....i used the Charismas and as usual for the Z it all came off beautiful .... i loved the Z5...something about it....anyway...then i immediately Z6`d....waited about 10 mins....and put another Z5/ZFX on....just like the first coat....when i finished the last panel the whole other side of the car was almost all ready to come off.(+10 mins)...took it all off...Z6`d again...went for #3....this time...after the 10 min waiting...it was still a little smeary on the last 1/2 of the car i did...so i waited another 10....then it was good to go....it all came right off....im not sure of the exact reason for the extra time for the last coat but IMHO...even if they all took 20 mins...i would love it...because i would say my usual waiting time is about an hr...i like to really let it set up....and be sure its all hazed.....

my conclusion....what can i say...if someone told me that i could put 3 coats of Z5 and another 3 coats of Z2 on in 1 w/e....im be a happy guy...and i was....the 3 coats with all the Z6ing and all took about 3 hrs....and it looks awesome...ill post some pics tomorrow after the 3 Z2`s....the best part IMHO is that forget the 3 coats....i would like to do a coat in the morining....go out do what i have to do.....come home later...and bamm!!put another coat on...then i can have the other day of the w/e free...for the interior... :p

seriously...one of the biggest complaints nonZaino users have is the"insanely long cure time`...and while i dont agree with this assessment.... now...thats not of concern anymore....

ok...2 cons....i didnt like the 2oz containers that my friend got from sal...they were new..and really hard to squeeze....like hard plastic....so i went to the local paint store and got some soft ones for tommorrow...that and...when the heck am i gonna get more of this stuff...when are we all gonna get a crack at it....as others have said Sal has said that he has to get the right bottles...right labels....and of course more testing... i just want it...now....

this really meant alot to me guys because i can only detail on the w/e`s....and normally the most i could hope for was 2 coats of Z2/5 on any given w/e....but...today i did 3 in 1 day....i mean 6 a w/e......thats too me totally amazing..........i would also like to remind all the zainiacs out there not to forget to report to sal to get your new ZFX chip implanted in your head...so we can continue being the Zombies that we are............:p ............

ps...i forgot....i had about i had about 1/2 oz left at the end(THIN BABY!!)...had to throw it out cause im going with Z2 tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like
    this time i used a terry covered applicator just to see....well...it went on/off the same..fanatstic but it definitey soaked up alot more product becasue i am laready down to about 1/2 oz....out of the 2oz after only 2 coats....so the trerry soeaked up 1/2 oz more....just by itself(or my technique...:p )...also...with this last coat i put regular Z2 on with out the ZFX....and it took about 1hr and 20 mins to dry as today is 47 degrees and overcast...with some mugginess in the air....but the weather so far hasnt effected the ZFX.....i put it on my chrome wheels today too...i love the protection either Klasse/Z offers with that...then it cleans so easily.....this is the best part...i dont have agarage....or a driveway...so now..taking the whole wheels off and putting some sealant on...isnt a nightmare...becasue the wheels onlky have to be off for about 1/2 hr...whereas the time i did it before i had them off for almost 2 hrs...and in the street...this is not a good thing...

Post Thanks / Like
    All right, good review FLONI! What, none of you "Zaino Zealots" want to respond to this? Have you all tried it already?

Post Thanks / Like
    i was so wrapped up in doing it i just noticed nobody is friggin replying to it.damn all those zaino users............. :p hey steve.....put some Klasse sample kits in with my towels.......im outta here..the chip comes outta my head tomorrow.............

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    FLONI, do you use Z-16 on your tires?

Post Thanks / Like
    this is my fav....that side panel thing you get with the zaino..when u go up+down...like swirly lines...i love it..weeeeeeeeeee!!.BTW...i am very clean......... but i cant control my neighbors.........hehehe:p

Post Thanks / Like
    nah....thats 303 buddy...i switched from meguairs endurance about 3 wks ago and now i love the 303.....alot of people think that 303 has to be very matte...i mean thats why alot of apeople like it...but ...depending on how long you let it dwell....and how much you buff off...that controls how much gloss you have....let me tell ya....i think the 303...has to be the most versatile product any of us use....that and EF-HI...those gallon sizes really pay off...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey FLONI, looks good! How did you get the 303 to have a sheen to it? Leave it on for really long before gently buffing off? I`ll have some 303 coming in soon so I can finally try it..

Here`s my favorite pic. Where`d your head go? LOL
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...555&Sequence=0

Post Thanks / Like
    the head is big!...i think i was ducking...some kids were playing handball right net to me....not to worry...they the car is theirs cause thay always see me clening it and i let them help out...free labor as bigboy would say... like i was saying that 303...its amazing....i left that one on ...for about...5-10 mins...thats it....and it stays like that for 3 wks...amazing...then some days i feel like a more matte finish...and i only leav it on for about a minute....when i finish putting it on all the tires...i go back to the first and take it off...i just ordered a galon of that stuff...it is awesome!!!!!!!!!

ps...........no head...........and i cant even do anything to you cause...then who would read my threads............:p

Post Thanks / Like
    let me get this straight, You only mix with ZFX what you are going to use in next 12hrs? That sounds like a pain I may just have to stick with the same old way of doing it? I do have a garage and I like to let the Z "CURE" for as long as I can. The most I have waited was 4 days, came off easy and looked great. I supose the real benefit of ZFX is that you can do more coats in a day? Right?THX
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i love to wash my car....but if i can wash my car and then do 3 coats of a product.then the next day do another 3........how in the world can that be a bad thing.......as for the 4 day cure time..........i know that some people do this............me.......that car is a daily driver......3-400 miles a day.........4 different states somedays.........like you said...i dont even have a driveway..forget a garage...what ya think your posting to John Ross.... :p ...seriously if thats your thing...4 days...this aint for you...........but i gotta tell ya...i dont get that 4 day thing...even 1 day i dont get/////maybe with a wax type of deal(PITA) to get off though....but ive asked sal about this and he thinks we`re all loney tunes for letting it"cure" for a long time....but...to each his own...there`s a whole lot of stuff that i do........that evrybody thinks is whacky.......so ...enjoy dood....BTW...i love that temp/clocky thingy...it sometimes casts a spell on me late at nite...i keep looking at it....mesmerizing........

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s no use in letting the product `cure` for that long with ZFX. ZFX is a catalyst designed to <em class=`bbc`>speed up[/i] the curing process. If you don`t trust Zaino`s products enough to only let ZFX`d Zaino products cure on your car for a few minutes, then stick with the multi-day `curing`. It will work fine as well.

But the point of ZFX is to speed up this time! (So you don`t have to deal with "insanely long cure times")

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool, I do use Z on the saturn and it is my Daily driver and I only let it "CURE" till it is ready on that car. I thik that it has a lot to do with where you live and the temp, humidity , sun and wind. I feel for you with no driveway or garage(been there)
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Floni -

Thanks for the review and post. The long wait time for Z to cure is one of the things that really turned me off. This would really make a difference in my mind. Although I still think zaino didn`t offer much of an advantage on my black car, I am very impressed with how it looks on silver or similar cars. ZFX definitely raises it up a few notches in my book.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information