Post Thanks / Like
    How long do most of you spend on claying a vehicle? DETAILKING, ScottWax, do you offer this as part of your mobile detailing? I am asking as I am trying to decide whether or not to include it for an extra price, or as a package, or at all.

I spent a good 3 1/2 hours on mine, but that was the first time I`d ever clayed.

Thanks for any tips!

Josiah

Post Thanks / Like
    40 minutes for my lazy self, clay gets kinda boring and i slow down. ABC is much faster for me. Include it as an option for especialy contaminated cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    weird. I clayed my entire Dodge RAM 2500 when I bought it earlier this year - it is a `92 with 96K miles and had typical truck care. THAT didn`t take me 3 1/2 hours.

Claying SHOULD go really fast. Use enough lube to allow the clay to slip and slide easily. Slide it back and forth - within a few strokes <strong class=`bbc`>the sound should change[/b] from "shhhsh shhhsh shhhsh" to " , , " - quiet. That is all you need. Claying isn`t a polish - you aren`t doing anything to the paint. You`re only removing above-surface contaminants. If they don`t come off in a few swipes, clay is the wrong solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Yearning to learn the trade

First and foremost I am glad that I have joined what turns out to be an excellent forum. My name is Gari and I am a 26 yr old looking to learn the trade. A friend of mine who is a former detailer were out cleaning and shining up our cars (mine is a 94 chevy caprice 3 tone pix to come) and a person asked if we would do his 2006 chrysler 300. we said sure, pulled out the dual head polisher and went to work. The car came out beautiful (to amateur eyes). From that moment on I have wanted to learn the trade and hopefully start up a mobile detailing business in the near future. If anyone knows where I can go to school or maybe even intern with someone or at an establishment it will be greatly appreciated. I live in Brooklyn, New York. I appreciate any and every bit of assistance I receive from you all. Hope to hear from you guys soon, take care.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The search button will take you to many area`s to start.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Thread Information