Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new around here so I am sorry if we are covering old ground. I tried to search and did not get anything.

I need to know how to strip Klasse off to get back to the paint?

My wifes new car was in need of some protection so I dawned it put one coat of AOI and one coat of SG. Looks good but I seen that it needs a lot of work. This took care of the protection but if I get time in the next few weeks I would like to take off the Klasse and get things "right" and then apply the Klasse again.

Thanks in advance, I have got a lot of great information from this site. You folks are great!

Post Thanks / Like
    If that is the case, you really don`t need to strip the Klasse as long as you are going to use a quality swirl remover such as 3M SMR (or even 3M Finesse II for deeper swirls, then 3M SMR.) You may want to use a random orbit buffer to get the best results and save a lot of time. The 3M stuff will get down to the clear in no time. Just start with the car freshly washed and dryed.
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    but I`m a huge fan of using valugard`s A product (www.autoint.com) to strip all coatings and treatments on a car`s paint. Using A allows me to comfortably eliminate those problems that were actually marring in the sealants and determine whether or not I actually need to do use abrasives on the car. Pretty cheap and doesn`t take much more than 15-20 minutes to do...

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the ABC system and cant wait to use it. Steve, I know that AutoInt and Ronk both recomend that you use the whole system, A, B, and ,C If you just use the A and C, which i planned on doing, the PH of the paint might not come out right.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the ABC System??

Has anyone seen any pre-release Blackfire product.

Not sure if anyone has been testing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    ABC is AutoInt, a profesional detailing manufaturer`s three step car wash system that is designes to completely strip the paint of all stains, wax, sealent and industrial fallout. Functions like Dawn and clay and is safer than both. I dont know how affective it is but im sure its pretty good and will definately post my results soon. Blackfire as been pre-tested by DavidB the moderator of this forum. Checck under prodcut reviews for "CMAs Blackfire is Wildfire!" also check out "repairing scratches" in detailing, and check out properautocare (company that makes it) under thri product lines section

Post Thanks / Like
    Ron is the one who clue`d me into the fact that I can use the A product followed by the C product. He made it very clear when I visited the Valugard facilities here in Cincinnati that the use of B is really dependent on where the contaminates reside (on the paint or in the sealant/wax). He was kind enough to show me part of my trunk under magnification before and after A to demonstrate that my contaminates were in my coat of blitz and were effectively removed in the first step. The best process if you are unsure of the overall condition of your paint is to use all three, but he didn`t indicate any real concerns with the A/C combo.

Generally, I do the whole process when I want to really prep the car for a change in season. When I want to just start over on all or part of the car thats when I get out the A (and the 30x magnifier to be safe) and the C.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    My bad. I just remember buying that gallon of A hoping that i could just use it with C but many here and the autoint site said that you have to use all three so i just figured. Thanks for the clarifacation. So i guess you can just do A then feel for contaminants, especially on the horizontals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad - Don`t just rely on the feel or the `cellophane` test. Get yourself the lighted magnifier from Radio Shack. It costs something like 12 bucks and is a real good way to spot check the horizontal surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I understand the ABC system uses acids to deep clean your paint. You think dawn is harsh and that is not?

Post Thanks / Like
    The A is a mild alkaline solution, the B is a mild acid, and the C is PH balanced. When it is all said and done the PH of the paint is neutral and any acids left by say a bird crap are neutralized preventing furher damage. Yes, i do beleive it is safer. It was designed for use on clear-coated cars, unlike dawn which is for dishes. RonK uses the ABC system himself every 4 moths and sais he would never use dawn because it is causatic (or something) and will weaken the pasticisers. I trut him even ifhe works for the company because he does admit when something they seel isnt worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    That a wash with dawn 1-2 times a year will not hurt a thing, just don`t wash every week with it! Dawn will not strip synthetic polishes but the ABC system will, and you still think dawn is harsher on your clear coat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not trying to argue but i beleive that it might be safer because it isnt caustic. but yes, dawn once a year will not do too much harm but i dont really like washing with it. Leaves a film behind that needs to be washed off. yeah the ABC will strip the selents off so thats why ou use it every6-9 months after the protections weared away.

Post Thanks / Like
    if it was you would have to wear rubber gloves while using it. It is very safe to use with your hands. In my experience, it only leaves a film if you use too much in the wash bucket, and that film is usually removed easily by the solvents in most wax systems upon application.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello from Mauritius

Hi folks :clap:
    I am glad to have joined this forum after much surfing. TID offers a lot more than what I expected. Constant sharing and learning, practicing and perfecting! It?s the best automotive forum on the net. I?m very appreciative of your posts from which I have learned a lot.

I need your advice though.

I?m absolutely a beginner in detailing, doing the interior /exterior washing and cleaning in very old-fashioned ways.

I?ve written to Renny Doyle about the training. OMG! That?s very far. I?m in the Indian Ocean, midway between Southern Africa and Australia, from Mauritius, a place that very few may have heard of, very far from you all, a place that?ll very nice for your vacation.:partaaay:

I want to start with interior/exterior cleaning first, and then move on to the next, more delicate phases.

I?ve come many makes, specs, and reviews of tools on allergybuyersclub(dot)com, consumersearch(dot)com amazon and so on. I managed to narrow my choice.
    The steamers:
    ? Ladybug Tekno
    ? Reliable EnviroMate E3 or E5
    ? Desiderio Auto. Carpet...all in 1
    The Vacs:
    ? Metro Vac & Blo
    ? Bissell and the like.
    Given the exchange rate, right now I?ll not be able to more than $800 which makes app. MUR 25,000.

I ?d like to know which ones you would recommend me for a start, the vapor steamers, the vacs/blowers within my budget. Any advice & ideas will be most welcome.:wizard:

Greetings & a lot sunshine from Mauritius
    & a lot of thanks too.
    :Car smiley:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information