Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: polish defined?

Post Thanks / Like
    If that story is true, that is totaly uncalled for. Supporting your favorite product is one thing, but threating people because they don`t agree with you is horrible. RIC is right I would contact the police, nobody should have to put up with that childish crap.

Post Thanks / Like
    more times...they dont even mention the Z....so that makes me think it might be true.......i dont know...i cant believe someone would get that nuts over detailing products.....even if it is true theres no way that anybody from this site had anything to do with that kind of dangerous behavior.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange thing is, if you look at the Zaino test results all have been changed to N/A.

Deckard

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad.

I know a couple guys at another BBS that are flipping out because of their criticisms of Zaino too. I don`t get it...it`s just car care people! This ain`t losing your best friend, or a family member in a terrorist strike. These people ( who are making threats ) need to seriously get a life! . Lots of sick minds out there .

This from a Zaino user. I love the stuff, and it works great for me. Why would I care what someone else thinks about it? My car`s appearance speaks for itself, that`s all that matters. As far as i`m concerned, the less people using Zaino the better for me! Harder to compete at shows when the car next to you , and next to him, are all using Zaino, lol.

Hmm.....maybe that was their twisted idea. How diabolical that would be. ..

I think i`m giving them too much credit.

01GTCOUPE
    I prefer scientific conclusions drawn by scientists who are capable of collecting and interpreting statistical data.

I prefer artistic interpretations drawn by artists who are capable of communicating what they are sensing.

Attempting to rate one on the other`s terms creates assumptions that cannot be proven or put to practical use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that site could not hanle the flames....... Here is the latest.

Due to some disturbing messages and incidents that have recently taken place, we are discontinuing the site until we can decide whether it`s worth it or not for us to publish our opinions on some car waxes.

We had no idea what we were getting into when we planned this test, we just thought people would like to see a test between a bunch of their favorite waxes. Sort of like an NBA All-Star game.

Unfortunately, some people take waxing even more seriously than we do, and didn`t like our intitial reviews. We`re sorry that our opinions didn`t match yours.

We may or may not continue the site, we`re all undecided as of right now.

-Sincerely,

The Guys @ thewaxtest.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure exactly what they meant by "disturbing incidents" but some of these people`s zeal for their favorite detailing product kinda reminds me of a certain group of religious fanatics.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, It says newest member: <strong class=`bbc`>thewaxtest[/b]

So, anyways, welcome to the forum! Get ready for a ton of questioning!

Post Thanks / Like
    <strong class=`bbc`>I must clarify this for everyone![/b]

We are 100% certain that it was not a Zaino related threat. The person that sent us the message was not afiliated with Zaino at all.

We can completely verify this, so please don`t draw any conclusions about who it was.

We swear up and down, Zaino is not involved.

-Steve
    thewaxtest.com

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo330I [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`> some of these people`s zeal for their favorite detailing product kinda reminds me of a certain group of religious fanatics. [/b]</blockquote>
    Or Amway distributers.

I know what they mean by overzealous Zainos users. I moderate detailing forums on two other sites, and because my products list tend to favor Meguiars Mirror Glaze and Body Shop Professional products, along with 3M products, the Zaino user seem to come out of the woodwork to flame me and promote Zaino. I try to recommend easily obtainable products that anyone can walk into a store and purchase, so the average person can find the products they need quickly and without hassle.

When carguy posted his test results between Zainos and Meguiars, the Zaino users gave him a hard time as well. I just don`t get the extreme attitudes among some of the people who use Zaino products. Lighten up.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve

Why would you come all the way here to tell us that we need to stop all zaino rumors about the thewaxtest.com? Why would you care about certain wax users` reputations on autopia?

I`m having trouble coming up with a reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont get that either....i think alot of people here... of course have their favorites....and a while back we all got into the Zaino/Klasse thing.....it got heated but never insane like that....with threats......i dont think anybody here needs to be told that the threats etc...could never have been a part of anything related to Autopia......maybe im just protective of this site because ive never seen a site where all different opinions are just put out there...not shouted down...or ridiculed....and where we all share our opinions freely....

now i sound like an ad for the military...."be all u can be`....keep america free......if i could put a sound clip of the start spangled banner in here i would!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! This is like the CIA....."Disavow all knowlege..." Maybe we hit upon a covert mission to blind all Americans while they drive in their cars that have been coated with.....nuclear fissile material named Zippy Ass Inter-Nuclear Orbit....it glows in the dark!!!

H

Post Thanks / Like
    ............funny man.......that was a good one......

Post Thanks / Like
    <em class=`bbc`>"If you`re unhappy with our findings, that`s fine and great. Just because I like chocolate ice-cream and decide to say so on a website doesn`t mean that every one should like it. We`re enthusiasts, and we`re enthusiastic about our hobbies."[/i]

Zippy Ass Inter-Nuclear Orbit...ROFLMAO!

Anyone got one for the other products?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information