Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: polish defined?

Post Thanks / Like
    This waxtest website seems to go against all of the recommendations made on the Autopia forums. I wonder if I should trust you guys anymore or myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    1 day i go to the city to get drunk with my friends...dont go on autopia....this am...it`s like the Zaino/Klasse wars again. .....i missed it all....i think these guys are lovin the fact that all of us are checking out thier site...thats the main objective of the site...right!!!but for the life of me i dont get why people have to put others down if they disagree with them....most of the autopia posts are pretty clear in saying that they dont agree with this site about Z/K or some of their conclusions.....but only a few posts from us attacked these people as being stupid......

i dont think that most of the people i have met here would go there and post a lame thread calling them "dumbasses"...but a few did.....so now we are maniacs that need to lighten-up.....like its been said...use what u want...how u want.....then post it and we all say our piece....this site puts out there info.....take what you want from it and forget the rest....they knew all along when they wrote their results that it would become a hot item to the people who disagreed.....

now after saying all that ...matbe i should go look at the site...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Check this post out (it was long so I just pasted the main idea)-->

"......Another wax test done by someone who knows nothing about car care, what a surprise. I was in the detail business for 15 plus years, as many people know I was a partner in the largest detail chain in the US, we were Meguiar`s largest end user of products for 5 straight years, over a 15 year period we tested hundreds of products, we tested durablity, shine as well as ease of application...........

......I find it very funny that Zaino came up at the bottom of your test, you either did not have a clue how to apply it, or were applying it like a carnauba wax product. Zaino may not outshine every product after a coat or two, but there is more to a product than just shine alone, and shine is a very subjective thing, some people like the oily look of carnauba`s and some do not, I believe that my customers like the shine and durablity that a synethic product like Zaino will give you. The internet is a great thing for sharing info, but it can also let any moroon with a camera and a keyboard spread a pile of bull**** that has no scientific value at all........"

Post Thanks / Like
    what board was that from.....is he talking about being from Ziebarts detailing.??i know they have like a gazillion chains in 40 countries....this guy is right on the $ about the tests!!

Post Thanks / Like
    How in this test, zaino and liquid glass placed first and second for gloss using a gardiner gloss meter for benchmarking......

page 1
    http://people.ce.mediaone.net/bcurre...aino_art1a.jpg

page 2
    http://people.ce.mediaone.net/bcurre...aino_art1b.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew I wasn`t seeing things on my Liquid Glass test. It does produce as good if not better of a shine than Klasse. Thanks for posting that.

Post Thanks / Like
    "Our initial results indicated that the Autoglym and Zaino systems were the <span class=`bbc_underline`>worst waxes we used in this test so far, <strong class=`bbc`>even when compared to the $2.50 waxes.[/b] As we said in the previous pages, we`re going to give the Zaino system another try on a different panel, simply because it has such a strong following. We applied it exactly as the directions said to (after interpretting all of the typo`s), and it still wasn`t able to impress us."

"We don`t recommend:
    Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
    <strong class=`bbc`><span class=`bbc_underline`>Klasse[/b] Concours Kit
    Malm`s Carnauba Wax
    <strong class=`bbc`>Zaino[/b] Brothers Polishes"

<span style=`color: red`> <strong class=`bbc`>Something is seriously wrong with their test![/b]

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I am `junior`, but if it were April would anyone be saying "April Fool`s"?

Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    very interesting. I know of another, more recent test with a gloss meter, and Zaino didn`t do all that well. Is it possible Zaino`s formulation has changed? Or is there still a version of their product called "Private Stock"?

Damn I wish I owned a gloss meter!

Post Thanks / Like
    eom

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Zaino and Klasse work better on cars with their clearcoats still in tact. Maybe the panels they were testing on had all lost their clearcoats. They did say the panels were from early 90`s vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like
    You really have to wonder about people. I just visited the waxtest website and read the following.

<strong class=`bbc`>One of our testers, who took the liberty of ordering a majority of the products we tested, and who owns the domain name for our site has been receiving threatening messages, all because of our INITIAL reviews of a particular product.

This morning, he found some disturbing things outside of the home that he shares with his spouse and children.

To the people who are threatening us, you`ve won. We give up.

To everyone else, we appologize. We can`t handle the anonymous phone calls and anonymous e-mails that have threatened us. We don`t understand what the big deal is...we didn`t immediately get awesome results from a product. Maybe we had conflicting instructions, maybe we applied it wrong. We don`t know. We gave it a second try and were going to publish the results, but we`re giving up.

We spent too many long hours on this site, and for what - to be threatened? To put ourselves in harm`s way?

It`s easy for those who are upset with us to anonymously send threats, we`re the ones that have to wonder whether or not it`s worth it over a $40 wax kit. We decided it`s not.

The site will remain up for a while, or at least until we have a chance to relax and re-think our priorities.

Thank you to those who supported us (over 500 of you wrote to say so), and we`re sorry to those who didn`t agree with us (41 e-mails).[/b]

Interesting how defensive some people can get over detailing product(s).

Post Thanks / Like
    Man... that is disturbing.

It`s amazing how some people that love the product so much can be so defensive and start screaming at how biased they are, and how they purposely bashed Zaino.

True, it`s not a good test, but the need for all this... no way!

Post Thanks / Like
    weird...leaving stuff outside a guys house....anybody who would be that serious a Zaniac...wouldnt be the kind of person to do stuff like that.....i cant bel;ieve that story at all...sorry....we all get hot about key topics but that sounds really far-fetched.....

Post Thanks / Like
    If the story is true they should contact the police or FBI. Anonymous phone calls and emails can be traced. No one should put up with that kind of intimidation.

Instead they try to draw attention to themselves.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information