Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Tips applying Blackfire Sealant

The Blackfire Wet Diamond I ordered will be here tomorrow {Thursday}and i was just wondering is there any pointers the experts here could give about applying this product to a 02 Buick century? That i have already compounded and polished?Also was there a discount i could have gotten for being a forum member?

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently used Blackfire WD for the first time. The learning curve takes about 30 seconds!

Very easy to use... easy on, easy off.

Having the car polished will definitely be a plus, but not absolutely necessary...

If applying by hand... use long slightly overlapping strokes from front to back, starting with the top and working your way down. (Hood, trunk, doors, fenders, etc.)

I let it cure for about 40 minutes, then wiped off by hand with a soft MF.

After wiping, I noticed no streaks , no dust. I was very pleased with the results. I added a 2nd coat the next day. Even slicker, deeper and wetter!

Like most sealants, I applied it very thin. Seemed to work well.:thumbup:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn`t have said it any better.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Couldn`t have said it any better.
    Hey Angelo... I beat you to the punch again! Don`t you just hate that!!!:devil:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

So there`s no working it in like you do when using a paste wax,Right?
    Hell! Even i can do that! Can`t wait to see what this stuff can do to this revitalized paint job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by d.manning View Post
    So there`s no working it in like you do when using a paste wax,Right?
    Hell! Even i can do that! Can`t wait to see what this stuff can do to this revitalized paint job.
    That`s correct. Just wipe on, let dry, wipe off. No rubbing or working in is required.

Be sure to post some pics!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It works great but it has a base that is not easily cleaned with soap and water.

You will not be able to get the pad completely clean of the Blackfire Wet Diamond.

Set aside a pad that you will only use for Blackfire.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my PC and a red LC pad to ensure that I apply the product evenly and thin. Then I switch over to a MF cloth on my PC and buff until its smooth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Loggie31 View Post
    I use my PC and a red LC pad to ensure that I apply the product evenly and thin. Then I switch over to a MF cloth on my PC and buff until its smooth.
    I often use that same method. Do you mean you use a Microfiber "bonnet" or you place the MF on the vehicle and use the PC to buff off the product?
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind that Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant, like other acrylic polymer sealants, is designed to be applied and removed WET. However, like you guys, my preference is too let it dry before removal, but regardless of the technique you choose, you will still get the great slickness, look, and durabilty.

The only down side of choosing to let it dry is that you must make sure it is completely dry before removal. Depending on how thin you apply it and the enviroment, this will take 15 to 30 minutes on average.

Personally, I apply to the entire car, using either my Flex3041VRG or Porter Cable 7242 with a Lake Country Concours Gold pad. 2 little drops will cover at least 1/4 the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I apply it very thin using MF applicator, then let it haze for 30 minutes, then buff it off with a MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Keep in mind that Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant, like other acrylic polymer sealants, is designed to be applied and removed WET. However, like you guys, my preference is too let it dry before removal, but regardless of the technique you choose, you will still get the great slickness, look, and durabilty.

The only down side of choosing to let it dry is that you must make sure it is completely dry before removal. Depending on how thin you apply it and the enviroment, this will take 15 to 30 minutes on average.

Personally, I apply to the entire car, using either my Flex3041VRG or Porter Cable 7242 with a Lake Country Concours Gold pad. 2 little drops will cover at least 1/4 the car.
    Todd - I`ve gone through almost 1/2 the bottle of BF Sealant so far and I`ve tried several different methods in regards to application/removal. I`ve been following your recommendation on 2 drops on a Gold pad and can honestly say that this product/application method is an absolute dream to work with. It almost seems like the thinner you apply it, the easier it is to remove. :notworthy: I`ve tried other Polycharged products and can honestly say that this one has the most user friendly characteristics of them all. Not to mention incredible durability too!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    ... and can honestly say that this one has the most user friendly characteristics of them all. Not to mention incredible durability too!!!
    I agree... a very nice product to use. I`ve been applying with a 3M black waffle pad with excellent results.

One other tip: SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING. I`m not sure if it`s been mentioned in this thread, but BFWD will separate..... so shaking it to mix well is always a good idea.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to get one of these gold concours pads, I have been using an extra 3m blue waffle pad. Like Todd said a couple drops will cover a 1/4 and sometimes even a 1/3 of the car depending how big it is. I apply to the entire vehicle and remove about 5 minutes after applying. I will have to try letting it sit a little longer to see how I like it.
    Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Billy Aylward

Post Thanks / Like
    I am confused. I thought that Wet Diamond was best removed panel by panel (WOWO). Now I see that folks are allowing for a long set-up time. What`s the scoop?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information