Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    Okay I have some input on results which came from both methods of application.

On my own car which is flat black I applied the BF WD using the gold LC pad and a PC.

I let it cure for about 20 minutes and buffed off. I DID get some smearing on the finish and couldn`t understand why because once hazed it buffed off like nothing I have used before... super smooth, but later under the fenix LED I found smearing.

Now Bob on the other hand likes to apply and buff off right away and he told me that there were zero issues with smearing... porsche paint, mustang paint, ferrari paint... no smearing!

So my general consensus is that (as Todd explained) if you like to let it cure let it cure for 35+ minutes to ensure its dry and will not smear. But to be safe apply and buff off immediately.

My problem was simply that I did not let it cure long enough.
    So as Todd said before, you can use it pretty much any way you`d like! WOWO or let it sit for 20-30 minutes before removing, works great in both processes.
    Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Billy Aylward

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not picking on Todd here. I`m simply noting the absence of expert consensus about the best way to apply and remove Wet Diamond. I intend to apply Wet Diamond in late October or early November in preparation for winter. After reading this thread, I`m still confused about the best way to apply it. I guess I`ll just follow the directions on the bottle and take my chances.
    Al sorry for the confusion in my posts.

As I noted, the product was designed to be easy to use for everybody. It was designed to be applied wet and remove, as I originally stated, although at the time, I preferred to apply it and let it haze.

Why? Because I `felt` better and this is how I first applied it. I personally wasn`t comfortable recommending to people that they remove and apply it wet (since that is against the directions) until I knew first hand that the durability wouldn`t be affected. So I tested it on my hood.

As you noted, I now prefer to apply it and remove it `wet`. It reduces the chances of streaking that just about every sealant can have depending on a number of variables.

As far as an expert consensus, I`m not sure. The product is so versatile and works so well that different people, experts or not, are going to find that it works best a certain way for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s another version. I have cars that are the daily drivers-slightly above a cash for clunker type. After SIP and a IPA wipe, the paint feels like it`s clean but really really dry. I use my PC, red LC pad and a good squirt of BF on the pad, and, I go over the paint slow, working it in, (speed around 3) it takes about an hour for it to haze, and sometimes takes a second wipe down with a MF towel after the first try (wait 30-45 minutes) BUT! The results are stunning, I`m talking slicker and wetter than anything you`ve ever seen!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Todd. I think I will try the WOWO approach first and see how it goes. Your recommendation is good enough for me. :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    Thanks, Todd. I think I will try the WOWO approach first and see how it goes. Your recommendation is good enough for me. :thumbup:
    Another one has been fooled by my photoshop skills!:w00t:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I am new here and have a couple of questions. I ordered a 2010 Camaro and it is scheduled to be delivered around Thanksgiving. The Camaro is black and i know that black requires alot of attention. I plan on purchasing the Blackfire wet diamond kit. My question is this: Since the car is new what steps should i take to protect the paint upon picking the car up ? is it necessary to clay bar a new vehicle ? I have read alot about zaino and that seems like way too many steps to get a great shine and protection. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I plan on application and removal by hand.
    Thanks
    LD

Post Thanks / Like
    A new car should always be clayed. It is a quick and easy step and you will be amazed at the amount of contaminate pulled from the paint. Be sure and use plenty of clay lube when doing this. I always tear the clay bar in half and use just half at a time because if you drop it, it`s toast. Never use clay that has came in contact with the ground or any possible items which could induce scratches on the car. Since you are buying an excellent group of products my recommendation is as follows;

1.) Thorouhly wash
    2.) Clay
    3.) Re-wash
    4.) Apply the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish (preferably by a DA polisher if you have one)
    5.) Apply the BF AFPP sealent
    6.) After a wash apply a second coat of the BF AFPP sealent

This should have that black beast looking awesome and protected from the elements for some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    You don`t have apply it in a wet dress, standing on one leg, on the second full moon of the year.
    That`s a relief, I can finally get rid of that dress! The neighbors were starting to wonder..... Plus the color clashed with my pad ensemble. :w00t:

TL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information