Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    I am confused. I thought that Wet Diamond was best removed panel by panel (WOWO). Now I see that folks are allowing for a long set-up time. What`s the scoop?
    I was under this impression as well, the bottle makes it seem like it will be difficult to remove if you dont do a panel at a time. Lately though, I have been getting more brave with it and letting it sit longer and I havent noticed any difference in how it is removed, might even be slightly easier!
    Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Billy Aylward

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by presidential_detail View Post
    I was under this impression as well, the bottle makes it seem like it will be difficult to remove if you dont do a panel at a time. Lately though, I have been getting more brave with it and letting it sit longer and I havent noticed any difference in how it is removed, might even be slightly easier!
    On smaller vehicles, I usually just apply to the entire car, then wipe off.

On larger vehicles, trucks, SUV`s, I`ll do half, then wipe, then do the other half.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    On smaller vehicles, I usually just apply to the entire car, then wipe off.

On larger vehicles, trucks, SUV`s, I`ll do half, then wipe, then do the other half.
    Thats what I have been doing as of late, but I am hearing of 30 minute wait times here. Is there any real benefit of this? Just curious?
    Billy Aylward

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished applying wet diamond to my car. It needed full correction so the surface was well prepped and leveled.

I had not read this thread so I did my best with common sense and simple methods that worked for me before.

Gold CCS on the new PC (on loan from a friend to test) speed 4
    1 pea sized drop or less for entire panels
    Let it cure for 25mins and buffed off

Applied second coat right after, using the above method.

Let the second one cure for about 15minutes and buffed off.

My car in jet black and has a very deep, crisp look to it now. My biggest concern is how well it holds but from what I hear, I expect it to last for a while.

Question however, is the BF sealant solvent based? Its super thin consistency, spreads super easy etc. Just thought it might be, makes no real difference to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    Question however, is the BF sealant solvent based? Its super thin consistency, spreads super easy etc. Just thought it might be, makes no real difference to me.
    That`s a good question. I know it is extremely difficult to wash out of the pad! That doesn`t bother me much. I have about 4 pads dedicated to BFWD... I buy those 3M black waffle pads for applying sealants and they`re only about $1 each (from "detailerguy dot com")
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff U View Post
    It works great but it has a base that is not easily cleaned with soap and water.

You will not be able to get the pad completely clean of the Blackfire Wet Diamond.

Set aside a pad that you will only use for Blackfire.
    That is why every detailer should have Dawn power dissolver(walmart always has it on the cheap) will break down ANY solvent or oil in emulsion product!!. BTW just got my Blackfire yesterday and will use it on Tuesday for the LSP on a buddys mustang(grabber blue) and Dave(streetdreams) used it last night on his black Audi A5 and says the look was better than Jetseal 109 at 1:30 am east coast time!!! we were texting back in forth............

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That is why every detailer should have Dawn power dissolver(walmart always has it on the cheap) will break down ANY solvent or oil in emulsion product!!. BTW just got my Blackfire yesterday and will use it on Tuesday for the LSP on a buddys mustang(grabber blue) and Dave(streetdreams) used it last night on his black Audi A5 and says the look was better than Jetseal 109 at 1:30 am east coast time!!! we were texting back in forth............
    Your going to love this stuff! Im going to pick up a tub of Midnight sun next week to see what the fuss is about the "ice over fire" combo.
    Billy Aylward

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m pretty excited to try Blackfire. Just traded for a sample with another TID member. If all goes well, I hope to post some impressions next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FJF View Post
    I`m pretty excited to try Blackfire. Just traded for a sample with another TID member. If all goes well, I hope to post some impressions next week.
    Hey FJF, haven`t seen you around in a little bit. Maybe I`m blind or your busy, either ways, how have you been?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Hey FJF, haven`t seen you around in a little bit. Maybe I`m blind or your busy, either ways, how have you been?!
    It`s genuinely nice to know someone noticed. I got hit with a big project, which thankfully is over. Now I`m free to bum around for a little while and play with cars. Most recently, just the other day, I was astonished to find a thread about myself on DB. Five pages of being called an idiot, because I dared to start and support an OTC product discussion on an automotive forum. I guess trying to help folks who`d never spend more than the bare minimum isn`t a good thing. At least I got a chance to reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    All right I tried my Blackfire, and over Jetseal 109 for crying out loud and it DID make the paint more vivid and smooth. I have a 09 Mustang in the shop now for show prep so I will see how it goes without another sealant in the way.

Two 997 Turbos starting Wednesday thru Saturday, the first one is a darker red nissan color an the second one is white which I really want to see how slick and glossy it makes that finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    the second one is white which I really want to see how slick and glossy it makes that finish.
    I LOVE Blackfire Sealent on my white 4-Runner, it makes it look super wet which is hard to do on white. I can imagine that will amplified on the sexy curves of a 997!
    Mike K
    I know just enough to get me in trouble!

`04 Toyota 4-Runner Sport EditionV8
    `06 Honda Accord LX Special Edition
    `50 Chevy Streetrod - Air Force Blues, 383, 500hp, 540lbft

Post Thanks / Like
    I played around with my technique a little yesterday on an NSX I was working on. This time around I applied it to the entire car via DA and let it sit for roughly 20 minutes. I was afraid this would make it more difficult to remove, but IMO its exaclty the opposite. Instead of being a little greasy it set up a little better making for a more "dry" removal, which I really liked! Ive noticed letting it cure for several hours, or overnight most definitely makes a considerable difference in gloss and slickness. I generally try to get the first coat on before calling it a night, then apply a second coat the next morning. So far, only the best results Ive seen! Wait till you guys see the gloss on this Spa Yellow NSX I just finished!
    Billy Aylward

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loads of wet cars coming thru here soon........:drool5:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember the first time I used Wet Diamond (like over 3 years ago, I`ve been using it probably longer than anyone on this board ) I applied to 3 or 4 panels and came back and removed, it was very greasy and smeary. Didn`t give it enough time to set up properly.

Now I know to apply to the whole car and come back and remove, when you do this it is pretty much the easiest LSP you can imagine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information