Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matt@wheelwax View Post
    I line dry instead of using the dryer to avoid a static charge on the micro`s. I got this tip from Terry (the king of MF). From what I understand from the previous posts you folks are using the dryer and not getting the static. If this is a fact, please let me know as I would love not having to line dry 100 microfibers at a time. As you can imagine... it`s a pain. Please let me know.

Matt
    I think the dryer adds static to the towels, too. With the new HE washer, the towels are pretty dry after the wash and they air dry pretty quick. However, the dryer tends to fluff the thicker towels up better.

For those that use Oxyclean, doesn`t that go against the convention of `no powdered detergents, liquid only` for MF`s?

Randy
    This space for rent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy View Post
    I think the dryer adds static to the towels, too. With the new HE washer, the towels are pretty dry after the wash and they air dry pretty quick. However, the dryer tends to fluff the thicker towels up better.

For those that use Oxyclean, doesn`t that go against the convention of `no powdered detergents, liquid only` for MF`s?

Randy
    You`re right, it does. However, today I found that when you put the towels in the dryer, the key to keep the static from building up is to take them out a couple of minutes before they fully dry and let the remaining heat that is trapped in the pile of warm towels finish the job. My first load had a lot of static but the rest came out pretty good with very, very little to no static at all. The dryer balls helped alot. The trick was to place one on the bottom and one in the middle of the stack of towels in the dryer. I`m pretty sure that I would have had better results with two more in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased a programmable front load h.e. washer and dryer a few months back. I programed in settings for microfiber (paint and grunge), terry and surgical towels. Microfibers get a prewash with liquid Oxyclean, main wash with warm water and Micro-Restore, and a cold water double rinse with a cup of white vinegar. The grunge towels get the same but have a 20min. soak during the main wash. Micros get low setting on the dryer and fluff air to finish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information