Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Member trades/selling?

John -

Do you think it would be possible for us to open up the avenues for trading (possible selling) between members? So long as it is non-commercial - i.e. swapping waxes, polishes, etc?

I know I have asked for this in the past, but I see other forums doing it successfully and don`t see why we couldn`t do it here as well. I know I have gobs of stuff I`ve used once or twice that I wouldn`t mind trading on here to members and new folks in return for trying out stuff I have not used.

The general rebuttal seems to be that we can always try and go to Ebay, but there`s not really a market for trying to sell used waxes and the like on Ebay. The only other option is trying to work something out via PM`s which is a PITA or simply going to another forum. I also know there is the possibility of members getting scammed, but it seems that a couple of the other sites work well with self-policing and an integrated trading-rating tool.

I know it`s just my opinion and all, but I think that is one area where this particular site lags behind other detailing forums. A well-written disclaimer might be all we`d need to limit liability.

Just a thought/suggestion/question. I might be the only person on the whole board that feels this way.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Member trades/selling?

JP other than dawn what other product could have you missed using

Post Thanks / Like

Simple Green.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with you on this. When I was building my old Eclipse, I was an active member of a DSM enthusiast site and the classified section was my first go-to spot for parts. It was a major asset of the site and its members alike. I`ve wished for a long time that we had a classified section, especially when looking for equpiment.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great idea. I`ve been wanting to offer up some polishes up for trade because I`m running out of space.

Post Thanks / Like

I had an encyclopedia for ale in teh members deals section.

But it`s off the market for now.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we`re allowed to.......I have some unopened Pinnacle and Poorboy`s polishes I`d like to sell.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a super mod on a forum that has over 200,000 members. It has a trading/selling area. It is normally the biggest problem area on the forum.

We implemented a min time a member had to be registered, minimum post count etc.
    It seemed to lessen the headaches, but not alot.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would be for a trading area.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the trading or classified idea. I have done this at other forums with great success. Count me as a yes vote.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I`m a super mod on a forum that has over 200,000 members. It has a trading/selling area. It is normally the biggest problem area on the forum.

We implemented a min time a member had to be registered, minimum post count etc.
    It seemed to lessen the headaches, but not alot.

I think one of the reasons it would work well here is that we`re not that big. Most of us pretty much internet-know each other. And I would be all for some minimum time frame clause or something. Also, sellers/traders must have a COMPLETE profile (name, address, etc) to be active. One of the archery forums I used to be on used a setup just like that and it worked well enough where folks were selling/trading thousand-dollar bows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I think one of the reasons it would work well here is that we`re not that big. Most of us pretty much internet-know each other. And I would be all for some minimum time frame clause or something. Also, sellers/traders must have a COMPLETE profile (name, address, etc) to be active. One of the archery forums I used to be on used a setup just like that and it worked well enough where folks were selling/trading thousand-dollar bows.
    This would not be like you are selling classic cars if you got stung it will be a sub 100 dollar deal.
    I have no interest in trading stuff but if I did I would not worry about trading with people on this forum, Like I said if you get stuck it will not be the end of the world.
    I can also see the other side of it if I had a forum I would be reluctant to open this can of worms.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m in. I got some spare stuff to trade for other stuff I would like to try.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m thinking by the silence that this is probably an idea that we might not entertain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I`m thinking by the silence that this is probably an idea that we might not entertain.
    No, that isn`t the case. Just listening to all of your opinions. Good possibility that we`ll see something pop up this week.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information