Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad Detailing Video Tips

I was bored one day so I went onto youtube and was looking at Paul Dalton`s details... AMAZING!!!

Then, out of NOWHERE, I came across this video...

YouTube - How to Wax your Car

What bad videos have you guys come across?
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bad Detailing Video Tips

Kind of "old school", but I didn`t find it all that bad. Yes, applied too much wax, but I remember the days of terry towels, diapers and "cheese cloth" as materials of choice for polish/wax removal. What did you find to be so bad?

Post Thanks / Like

By no means is that the worst detailing video on you tube that i have seen. May not be on par with the way we do it around here but not the worst. There was this guy that called himself the " Master Detailer" and his videos made me laugh so hard. The guy was a complete tool shed. He was the only guy to get a special sealant from nasa. Used the buffer at full tilt the entire time. Most of all just ran his mouth the whole time. I really wish he didn`t remove all his videos they where really worth while to watch, comedy wise that is.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the chick was hot...but I`m easy that way...I agree with Mr.Clean I can recall the days that cotton diapers and cheese cloth where the go to!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the Windex to prep the paint. I heard it works awesome at removing fallout.
    Kurt

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone find a 5 minute wash video on there anywhere?
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

AJ Auto Detail, LLC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 9D4E420 View Post
    I liked the Windex to prep the paint. I heard it works awesome at removing fallout.
    thats what worried me...

the windex
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Post Thanks / Like

According to Wikipedia, these are the ingredients of Windex -

Ingredients:

Isopropanol - Used as a solvent and reagent. This type of alcohol is used in ink and other products

I know some of us do/did use IPA wipedowns after a polish session. Maybe that`s what they were using the Windex for. I`m not a chemist, so I don`t know what any of those ingredients would do to paint either alone or in a Windex mix.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

clone

MR.&MRS CLONE ARE FINALLYREVEALED

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a wash video by the same watchmojo.com

How to Wash Your Car by watchmojo -- Revver Online Video Sharing Network

Al
    The Need to Bead

clone

tha clone did not even waste time watching video. what tha clone did notice is "paridise" has 6 locations i bet you this guy is bringn home tha bank every nite.while tha clone is stuck n basement. this guy has the house on tha beach. here is the sad fact of the matter 99.9% of people could care less about the pain staking we put ourselves thru. just yesterday tha clone deleivered another knock-out detail to a client,when client came out they looked at vehicle about 3 seconds said"looks great" wrote ck. and bolted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I agree with Mr.Clean I can recall the days that cotton diapers and cheese cloth where the go to!
    +1
    I remember those days as well.
    His tips aren`t that horrifying, maybe not up to par, but I have heard and seen worse from "professional" detailers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    tha clone did not even waste time watching video. what tha clone did notice is "paridise" has 6 locations i bet you this guy is bringn home tha bank every nite.while tha clone is stuck n basement. this guy has the house on tha beach. here is the sad fact of the matter 99.9% of people could care less about the pain staking we put ourselves thru. just yesterday tha clone deleivered another knock-out detail to a client,when client came out they looked at vehicle about 3 seconds said"looks great" wrote ck. and bolted.
    Was this detail done @ the DIY? Do you have of the knock-out detail? I don`t know who all you detail for but a lot of my client really love to the vehicle when it is back into their possession. I have never and I do mean never had a client take a 3 sec glance and call it good. Not for the price I`m charging. People may not care about the pain staking process we go through, but I guarantee you the the turnaround.
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

clone

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsad View Post
    Was this detail done @ the DIY? Do you have of the knock-out detail? I don`t know who all you detail for but a lot of my client really love to the vehicle when it is back into their possession. I have never and I do mean never had a client take a 3 sec glance and call it good. Not for the price I`m charging. People may not care about the pain staking process we go through, but I guarantee you the the turnaround.
    tha clone works from home. tha clone has all repeat cust.(once a month)i do not no what you charge? if it is $500-$600 like some do, you setting yourself up 2 get blasted n tha package 90%of my clients cars do not get vary dirty. tha clone charges flat rate of $50pr hour avg. time 3hrs=$150 this keeps repeats. i don`t know many who will pay $600pr month

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    tha clone works from home. tha clone has all repeat cust.(once a month)i do not no what you charge? if it is $500-$600 like some do, you setting yourself up 2 get blasted n tha package 90%of my clients cars do not get vary dirty. tha clone charges flat rate of $50pr hour avg. time 3hrs=$150 this keeps repeats. i don`t know many who will pay $600pr month
    There ain`t to many people that will pay $150 a month (every month) let alone $600 bones.

So let me get this straight: you own a DIY and you do full details at the house for the same people once a month that let you charge them $150 for a car that doesn`t get that dirty?

How do you have time to share all the knowledge you bring to this forum
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information