Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Anyone know shelf life of overcoat?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sense the rabbit hole opening wider...
    Likes Coatings=crack, acuRAS82 liked this post

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I sense the rabbit hole opening wider...
    Lol... I have nothing against hydro silex as it still beads awesome after to months. It’s retired going to a neighbor. I got a 16oz reload that came with my Cquk3. Won’t use. Ordered a gallon of clutch knowing I have a problem. Ordered cancoat as a stronger sacrificial layer to use maybe every 6 months. Just received my 500ml bottle of cosmic spritz. Wanted to compare moonlight (I know) to cancoat but luckily wasn’t available..... then they email me with a discount. I’m hoping toppers aren’t a gateway into full blown coatings. I fight the urge daily to not order overcoat as it will probably lead to trading my cquartz and ordering some zipang and Miyabi..... is their a hotline I can call?.........lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Anyone try 22ple Final Coat, and any thoughts on it vs the 3 discussed in this thread?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Anyone try 22ple Final Coat, and any thoughts on it vs the 3 discussed in this thread?
    No.... not yet.... will be coating my car come spring and bought some cquk3 but been thinking of selling and going 22ple or kamikaze.... trying to resist but if I don’t may try their respective toppers


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

  5. #20
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,720
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Anyone try 22ple Final Coat, and any thoughts on it vs the 3 discussed in this thread?
    It`s quite nice. IMO, just a bit behind Overcoat and Cosmic as far as water behavior but very easy to work with and great results and a lesser cost.

    Member gflnaz is a VS1 expert, mighta been his favorite for quite some time...until he ran into IGL Premier, anyway.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Yes I go to Topper Anonymous Meetings 3x per week.
    22PLE Final Coat is a poor man`s OverCoat. Good stuff, simple to use. But `Expert`, nope. Not me. I am more of a victim of the disease.
    I will hereby declare (IMHO) that IGL Premier is NOT a topper. It`s a 6 month coating that can be used as a topper. I like it. Did the wife`s car yesterday.
    AS always when I post: YMMV...

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It`s quite nice. IMO, just a bit behind Overcoat and Cosmic as far as water behavior but very easy to work with and great results and a lesser cost.

    Member gflnaz is a VS1 expert, mighta been his favorite for quite some time...until he ran into IGL Premier, anyway.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

  7. #22
    acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Would IGL tank in the same echelon of looks as Overcoat/Cosmic/High Gloss? I know it’s subjective, but fun to ask.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    It`s got a lot of nice shine to it. It really impresses me. PLUS it is zero VOC too.

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Would IGL tank in the same echelon of looks as Overcoat/Cosmic/High Gloss? I know it’s subjective, but fun to ask.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Yes I go to Topper Anonymous Meetings 3x per week.
    22PLE Final Coat is a poor man`s OverCoat. Good stuff, simple to use. But `Expert`, nope. Not me. I am more of a victim of the disease.
    I will hereby declare (IMHO) that IGL Premier is NOT a topper. It`s a 6 month coating that can be used as a topper. I like it. Did the wife`s car yesterday.
    AS always when I post: YMMV...
    Can I get that number to TA? “One coat at a time”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fitzgerald, GA, South East GA
    Posts
    4,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Would IGL tank in the same echelon of looks as Overcoat/Cosmic/High Gloss? I know it’s subjective, but fun to ask.
    In one of my threads there are pictures of side by side by sides of Overcoat and IGL and I couldn’t tell any difference the next day. Overcoat looks like a good carnauba upon application, but after curing it falls back to the pack. Right now I’ve got Overcoat and IGL half and half on a car’s roof and can’t tell one from another. I’m just waiting to see which one quits first or if I’ll finally get tired of waiting and polish it off.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    I responded to your post, you probably didn`t see it-- what date did you apply IGL?
    It`s a GREAT test. Thanks for doing it!

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    In one of my threads there are pictures of side by side by sides of Overcoat and IGL and I couldn’t tell any difference the next day. Overcoat looks like a good carnauba upon application, but after curing it falls back to the pack. Right now I’ve got Overcoat and IGL half and half on a car’s roof and can’t tell one from another. I’m just waiting to see which one quits first or if I’ll finally get tired of waiting and polish it off.
    Wow and IGL half the price for double the amount on sale. Application?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fitzgerald, GA, South East GA
    Posts
    4,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Wow and IGL half the price for double the amount on sale. Application?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I spray a few shots on a damp towel and apply evenly. The damp towel keeps you from using too much product and the towel doesn’t absorb all the product. This works for most spray type products. I buff right away with a clean mf towel.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    In one of my threads there are pictures of side by side by sides of Overcoat and IGL and I couldn’t tell any difference the next day. Overcoat looks like a good carnauba upon application, but after curing it falls back to the pack. Right now I’ve got Overcoat and IGL half and half on a car’s roof and can’t tell one from another. I’m just waiting to see which one quits first or if I’ll finally get tired of waiting and polish it off.
    Did Cosmic or Viking last longer on your 4th test, i.e. are they going as long on the hood as Overcoat and IGL are on the roof?

  15. #30
    rlmccarty2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Fitzgerald, GA, South East GA
    Posts
    4,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New member help: overcoat vs cosmic spritz vs Viking spritz

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Did Cosmic or Viking last longer on your 4th test, i.e. are they going as long on the hood as Overcoat and IGL are on the roof?
    I polished off Cosmic and Viking in order to test other products. I believe they would last as long as Overcoat and Premier though. High Gloss doesn’t seem to have the longetivity of the others, not sure why.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz
    By BudgetPlan1 in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-23-2018, 12:01 PM
  2. PA Cosmic Spritz - 2
    By Ronkh in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2016, 01:27 PM
  3. PA Cosmic Spritz
    By Ronkh in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 03:09 PM
  4. Black `14 Stingray 900 miles PA Cosmic Spritz
    By Justins00ss in forum Click & Brag -The Detailers Showcase
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 02:35 PM
  5. PA Cosmic Spritz = IMPRESSIVE
    By Ronkh in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-29-2016, 11:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •