Post Thanks / Like

Need a new battery

My wife`s battery went. We thought it might be the alternator but it`s cranking at 14.
    I have to take the battery and get it tested to rule out anything else. It`s a Die Hard and it pretty much Died Hard and beyond warranty and the pro rated period.
    Looking for rec`s guys and gals.
    I know there are a handful of battery makers in the US so they are just made to different specs based on the brand. I pretty much have everything near me. Sam`s Club, Autozone, Advanced Auto, Pep Boys, Napa.
    It`s an 06 Honda Oddyssey.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need a new battery

The BMW Repair shop I used to work at only used Interstate Batteries and they seemed to be really good.
    These German cars have a zillion electronic things on, take 13 minutes after you turn the key off, before most of them "go to sleep", and then there are still the alarm, motion sensors, glass breakage sensors, etc., still running until you turn the alarm off..

I dont know about pricing but I do know that even at Auto Zone, you can put down over $100 bucks for a battery there...

I would try to find out who has the longest warranty, and how good or bad its pro-rated by the end of the warranty..

Or if you dont care about that, then perhaps get another of those Sears Batteries...

Good luck - sorry this had to happen.. Hope you had AAA, jumper cables, or something..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Better, Jumper Box!

Post Thanks / Like

if that`s the original battery (8yrs old?) you`ve done extremely well. most batteries seem to last four years, depending on your environment and amount of use. here in florida, they take a beating with the heat. most of the auto parts stores will load test the battery for free. if it`s not the battery, make sure all the connections are clean and tight.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using AutoZone Everlast (made by Johnson Controls, same make of Interstate). I have had good luck with them.

Lead acid batteries sold under private label brands as well as our own VARTA®, Heliar®, LTH® and OPTIMA® brand names. Major OEMs and aftermarket retailers include Daimler, General Motors, BMW, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Volkswagen, SAIC, Bosch, Walmart, Halfords, Interstate Battery System of America, Advance Auto Parts, and AutoZone.

I had used Walmart but they refused to replace a battery under warranty once so took my business elsewhere. The battery would not stay charged. The replacement battery did not have an issue.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information