Thread: Wow !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow !!!

Source: Hellcat Dyno`d Up To 825 HP But May Have Emission Issues

Source: Hellcat Dyno`d Up To 825 HP But May Have Emission Issues
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wow !!!

Impressive figures but with rear wheel drive it is well beyond being able to deliver the power to the ground. Horsepower wars are in full force.

Post Thanks / Like

Not surprised at those numbers. As long as you can keep the engine cool and together, once it`s boosted it`s simply a matter or turning it up until you get to the point that it can`t handle the airflow. Obvioulsy there are many things (cams, heads, intake, exhaust and the list goes on) that contribute to that limitation but with that many cubes I can see that kind of horsepower. Emmisions and durability become the limiting factors. Do you know how high they were winding it for those numbers?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Nope.

But I also wonder how high it could EASILY be tuned to.

Factory at 825 uhhhhh
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Nope.

But I also wonder how high it could EASILY be tuned to.

Factory at 825 uhhhhh
    Exchange the EASILY with SAFELY, I think that would be the question. I`ve heard it said and seen some of the videos of the Cobra 5.8`s going beyond 1000 HP with the out of the box bottom end. No idea how many times they`d live through it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a new Ford Lightning F150 the last year they made them and I have to tell you, that supercharged small block absolutely killed those 9.0" rear tires in back....
    It made this whining noise that was always there and got really loud when you opened up the throttle..
    Loved that truck !!!
    Unfortunately, the Ex did not...

If I could have kept all the nice vehicles I gave up while married, I would be so happy today !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dan F. My wife is a Lighting Fan. Fast and a automatic her kind of truck.
    She said one day maybe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Impressive figures but with rear wheel drive it is well beyond being able to deliver the power to the ground. Horsepower wars are in full force.
    It looks like the Utimate Aero does just fine with RWD. SSC North America- Home of the Tuatara & Ultimate Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post
    It looks like the Utimate Aero does just fine with RWD. SSC North America- Home of the Tuatara & Ultimate Aero
    looking at those specs, I don`t think I could shift that fast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I had a new Ford Lightning F150 the last year they made them and I have to tell you, that supercharged small block absolutely killed those 9.0" rear tires in back....
    It made this whining noise that was always there and got really loud when you opened up the throttle..
    Loved that truck !!!
    Unfortunately, the Ex did not...

If I could have kept all the nice vehicles I gave up while married, I would be so happy today !
    Dan F
    I sadly sold my L about a year ago. Miss that truck every day. But the traction of the L w/450HP (mine wasn`t stock) vs the Hellcat with 707 or 825 will be two different animals. It maybe a tire fryer, but nothing wrong with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0inDetail0 View Post
    Hey Dan F. My wife is a Lighting Fan. Fast and a automatic her kind of truck.
    She said one day maybe
    Wow - glad to hear that she likes it...

They sure are nice but not a crew cab, so that probably turns a lot of people off?

I loved the sound of those two big pipes coming out on passenger side, ahead of the rear wheel!

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by screamng View Post
    I sadly sold my L about a year ago. Miss that truck every day. But the traction of the L w/450HP (mine wasn`t stock) vs the Hellcat with 707 or 825 will be two different animals. It maybe a tire fryer, but nothing wrong with that.
    I know the feeling -
    Was bummed for a long time...

Yours was a Monster truck then ! I was on some Forum back then that was all Lightning truck guys and wow, some frightenly fast ones were around..

Good luck ! It will get better eventually...
    Dan F

Thread Information