Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

blueprint engine company

Anyone have any dealings with blueprint engines dot com?

My son bought a crate engine for his 75 vette. Been having problem after problem, now they won`t replace engine and say they won`t pay mechanic to do the "repairs" the authorized.

Thanks
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: blueprint engine company

correction 74 vette
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

A quick google search revealed mostly positive and a few negative reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep

He said they been "helpful" to a degree, but they have had them tear down engine 2 times so far to "fix" the problem. Not fixed..... Today he got another guy there on phone who said they won`t pay mechanic now. I told him to get a replacement engine before the 2nd tear down.. He got this done a short while ago so he could have it for summer/show season and it looks like it`ll be laid up all summer.

I`m about ready to do to them what I did to $VW$ (my audi s5 cab) when they pulled the same crap.

Post Thanks / Like

On another forum I`m on they posted to same question.

Here is my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh
    Replying to your post.

ref#

There have been a series of problems with this engine. YOU took the call from my son`s uncle the other day, and besides being nasty, never returned call when you promised.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever, that they should tear apart a "new" engine again while playing lets try this ......to repair a defective engine. He bought a NEW one, not used.

There is also no reason he should have to wait another 6+ weeks to get his car back on the road with a rebuilt.

The solution is simple:

Send him a new engine NOW, the old one will be placed in the crate and returned to you.

Pay the mechanic for the work you have authorized and has been done, and pay him for the removal and replacement of the NEW engine.

As you can see, I am on lots of auto forums, we are a family of gear heads and go to lots of shows, and have contact with lots of people with similar interests.

I trust that you will make this right NOW so he can enjoy his car for the season like he should be, instead of chasing problems that should not be happening.

If this problem gets further out of hand, I will post all correspondence here and on all the other forums that I am on. It does seem funny that I just did a google search of reviews on your company, and the first one was (paraphrased) DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS CO.

reference # removed

Post Thanks / Like

Really sorry to hear. I hope they make it right. I can`t imagine having to deal with that after buying a NEW motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnehls86 View Post
    Really sorry to hear. I hope they make it right. I can`t imagine having to deal with that after buying a NEW motor.
    I feel for him. He timed it so the car would be ready for show and season. Then this. He is in CT so season ain`t really long and it`s mid june already and car sits.

Post Thanks / Like

May I ask what the problem happens to be? Small block Chevy doesn`t take a scientist to build or blueprint.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    May I ask what the problem happens to be? Small block Chevy doesn`t take a scientist to build or blueprint.
    loud knock

had them tear engine and retorque rockers

loud knock

had them replace rockers

loud knock

well maybe its the lifters

loud knock

well maybe it`s the crank

you get the idea

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

A knock in a new motor, and having to tear it down twice? That`s not right. How far did they have to tear it down? Are the heads off of it yet? Is the oil pan off of it? Could be a bearing cap somewhere in the rotating assy didn`t get torqued or something along those lines. If that`s the case and a rod or main journal is now out of shape, that knock isnt going anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts13f150 View Post
    A knock in a new motor, and having to tear it down twice? That`s not right. How far did they have to tear it down? Are the heads off of it yet? Is the oil pan off of it? Could be a bearing cap somewhere in the rotating assy didn`t get torqued or something along those lines. If that`s the case and a rod or main journal is now out of shape, that knock isnt going anywhere.
    That`s sorta my point.

Replace the engine with a new one. No more BS playing whack a mole, trying this and that.

No more BS with take out the engine, send it to us, we will rebuild it and send it back. ETC

he bought a new engine, not a re-built.

Post Thanks / Like

They keep saying maybe it`s this, so do this.

Ok, that didn`t work try this........... on and on

well we can send ya parts, replace those and see if it works.

or tear out the engine, send it to us, we`ll rebuild it, and send it back, then put it back in car again. oh yeah too bad ya can`t use the car till it gets back, oh yeah, gotta go thru breaking in engine etc

more time
    more $$$
    more headache

Post Thanks / Like

Not fun. Hopefully it gets resolved. Might be at a cut your losses point, take the motor to a machine shop, have it gone through and just have whatever is wrong fixed. Does this place warranty the motors at all? Who actually builds their motors? For the new motors do you get to pick and choose your parts? Like, I want a Dart Little M block decked at this height, with these pistons, rods, crank etc... Or are they sold pre-built?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts13f150 View Post
    Not fun. Hopefully it gets resolved. Might be at a cut your losses point, take the motor to a machine shop, have it gone through and just have whatever is wrong fixed. Does this place warranty the motors at all? Who actually builds their motors? For the new motors do you get to pick and choose your parts? Like, I want a Dart Little M block decked at this height, with these pistons, rods, crank etc... Or are they sold pre-built?
    Not really sure, but their reviews are very hit and miss (sorta like their engines I guess) but I am giving them the chance to make it right. If it doesn`t get resolved VERY soon, it`ll make my audi blitz seem like minor league.

Some of the older members should remember my $VW$

This is my kid they are screwing with I got lots of time to return the favor.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information