Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: blueprint engine company

Quit playing their game. Sue them for breach of contract. Let a judge decide the outcome and live with it/move on

Sorry you and your boy are having to go through this Ronkh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Quit playing their game. Sue them for breach of contract. Let a judge decide the outcome and live with it/move on

Sorry you and your boy are having to go through this Ronkh
    Thanks G.

Public opinion (and the power of the internet) will do more to them than a Judge will.

There was an add on the radio that said over 80% of people would not do business wit ha company that had negative ratings/reviews.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Thanks G.

Public opinion (and the power of the internet) will do more to them than a Judge will.

There was an add on the radio that said over 80% of people would not do business wit ha company that had negative ratings/reviews.
    Judge Judy will get you further then the internet. That`s the route I would take

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I think that touting a company`s strengths when they do well and exposing their weakness when they do poorly and telling others about it does them a favor when they are shopping. Shoppers still need to do their homework but giving someone cause to really look at what they may purchase helps strengthen the marketplace by weeding out bad vendors.

When a company steps up and honors their obligations or better yet goes beyond what is expected and people read about it, it`s a great way to market a solid company. In this case there is both opportunity to win customers or potentially lose them just by having "Car People" follow a thread (like this one) and passing it on or linking to it. I`ll be interested to see how this company chooses to support their customer (at this point he is their customer, they have him). Theirs to keep or theirs to lose.

This all said, I hope that your son has followed their installation instructions (not to rough or tough, I looked at their site). Not priming an engine or properly breaking in a valve train could be a real deal breaker.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I think that touting a company`s strengths when they do well and exposing their weakness when they do poorly and telling others about it does them a favor when they are shopping. Shoppers still need to do their homework but giving someone cause to really look at what they may purchase helps strengthen the marketplace by weeding out bad vendors.

When a company steps up and honors their obligations or better yet goes beyond what is expected and people read about it, it`s a great way to market a solid company. In this case there is both opportunity to win customers or potentially lose them just by having "Car People" follow a thread (like this one) and passing it on or linking to it. I`ll be interested to see how this company supports their customer. Theirs to keep or theirs to lose.

This all said, I hope that your son has followed their installation instructions (not to rough or tough, I looked at their site). Not priming an engine or properly breaking in a valve train could be a real deal breaker.

Whole heartedly agree
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just as a follow up.......

Got a call from a lady named Kelli. From my understanding they are sending out a new engine for my son`s car tonight.

Will keep updated

Post Thanks / Like

about time. they will end up losing more business due to bad press than just taking care of the problem to start with. hope they actually run this engine before sending it out this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    about time. they will end up losing more business due to bad press than just taking care of the problem to start with. hope they actually run this engine before sending it out this time.
    Agreed. At this point I will give them the benefit of the doubt and see if it`s real.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, so much for "stand up"

Quote Originally Posted by dieselgeek View Post
    Hi Ron,

I`ve seen your complaint on a few forums. I work at BluePrint and while I am not part of the warranty team, I can`t help but asking for more details with what happened. Because each of those engines are run on a dyno for about an hour, and go through a battery of tests before they leave - it includes pressure testing all fluid reservoirs, time on a runout machine to observe cranking compression and proper oiling, then compression and leakdown, comprehensive valvetrain check, and a blacklight test for even the smallest oil leaks. If an engine has a problem on the dyno - and every now and then they do - the entire production line is stopped until the problem is identified. Department managers are held accountable for any issues, it`s a big deal when there is a problem. Long story short, it`s impossible for an engine that`s "knocking" to get past our testing. So that makes me wonder if something went wrong during the initial startup, or if the engine was re-timed improperly, etc. Even then, BluePrint takes care of their customers, but the customers have to go through our troubleshooting procedures - we can`t just send out a new engine until we know what went wrong with the original. On a busy day we will dyno and ship 50 or more engines at our plant.

If there`s anything more you can share with us, I`d be happy to go poke the warranty guys upstairs, I haven`t asked them about this particular engine yet but I am curious to hear more about your issues mainly because it`s odd for us to have a customer complaint given that our warranty policy is solid. ?

-Scott

Post Thanks / Like

above was from a different forum

and my reply to him

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh View Post
    It now sounds like you are trying to back out of the agreement.

I would suggest that before you respond further, you go read the thread and discuss it with Kelli.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dieselgeek View Post
    I`m not in charge of any "agreements" - just an employee who is curious to hear more details. I don`t need to talk to Kelli, I`d simply like to hear what exactly happened, because as I said - the engine wasn`t shipped to your son knocking. so.... ?
    and again

Post Thanks / Like

and diesel geek just signed on here too

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Yeah you shouldn`t have to go through and spell everything out for him again. Especially if he has seen complaints on a few forums. The info is already there.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it interesting that he uses the term, impossible for an engine to ship with a knock. No matter the regimen, no matter how talented the team, no matter the quality of the parts, things go wrong. One moment a hydraulic lifter works flawlessly. On the very next run it won`t pump up, casting flash that picks the very next start up to break away and plug an oil galley, the list goes on and on. There are so many scenarios for parts to go bad it is impossible to list.

I`m glad he`s confident in their product. That speaks well for him and the company but his statement is a little naive. That said, when it comes to anything mechanical it can go wrong. We`ve all seen a race car leave the pits only to come apart on the next full throttle, it just happens. This engine may not have been knocking when it was run at the factory but that certainly doesn`t mean that it wasn`t the very next time it was started.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information