Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
Well, then there is this fallacy that the automakers put out about "Lifetime Oil", in the transmission, differential, transfer cases, etc., of vehicles...

And people Believe this to be true !!!

Had that awesome S54 engine in a new 2002 Z3 M Coupe, and it was a stunning piece of engineering ! Loved it and the car !!! It does require the Castrol TWS 10W/60 motor oil, and it is a lot more than a bottle of 30weight at the local auto parts..
And at some point it will require a valve adjustment/s...

It`s just that German cars require maintenance - perhaps a little more than other marques - but the trade off is well, either worth it to the owner or not..

And certainly, if the car is leased new and turned in before anything requires maintenance, then we might never really know the rest of what "car ownership" requires, right?

" Or, do you know the difference between a BMW owner and a porcupine? " - this is supposed to read the difference between a Porsche Owner and a porcupine...

Dan F

Tell me about it... I`m getting ready to do an Inspection II on my M myself. Some of the prices for parts:

BMW SAF XJ Diff Fluid with FM Friction Modifier (BMW Part fluid), 2 quarts: $183.42

BMW MTF LT2 Manual Transmission Fluid (BMW part fluid) 5 quarts: $135.00

BMW valve shim set for S54: $389.00

BMW valve shim tool: $22.00

BMW valve cover gasket: ~ $100.00

BMW spark plugs (6) ~ $100.00

I thought that guy was pretty funny...I sent the link to a friend...my friend said the guy was a D-Bag.