View Poll Results: How many cars have you owned?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - I`m still on my first

2 3.92%
  • 2 -3

5 9.80%
  • 4-7

18 35.29%
  • 8-10

5 9.80%
  • 10-15

4 7.84%
  • More than 15

17 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How many cars have you owned?

How many cars have you owned?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many cars have you owned?

I like to keep my cars a long time so I can buy other stuff. I cannot see trading/selling every few years chasing the latest thing.

This is why I have a 1997 Dakota (only 100K miles) and picked up in 2000.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a lot of cars. I get bored with stuff and look for good deals on cars that need a bit of cleaning up and work. Usually I will keep it about a year and use it while making it look nice then I will sell it and start over again with something else. But for the most part I would say I average one car a year

Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently on my fifth vehicle. My previous vehicle, a F250 Superduty, I owned the longest out of all. I plan on owning my Saleen even longer.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be pretty wild and destructive, so I went through a lot of beaters when I was young. Most of them ended up in the scrap yard, either crashed or blown up. Now that I`m a lot older, I try to keep them as long as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Currently I think I`m at 21 cars, but I may have forgotten a few.

Working at a volume shop for a bunch of car jockeys when I was younger I used to buy a lot of cars when something came in that I liked. My girl friends over those years owned a lot of cars because of me too!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s around 15 I think so far. From my first car a 66 Mustang Fastback to now a 14 Focus ST.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Let see, graduated in 1982 and bought a 1971 Chevrolet Impala 2dr Coupe with the $500 I got from the parents and even had money left over. Then...
    1974 Chevy Nova(straight 6)1984
    1978 Chevy Chevette(I can say I owned a Vette anyway a Chevette that is)1985
    1984 Ford EXP(little 2 seater car not the pickup)(1986)
    1988 Ford Ranger(my first brand new vehicle, couldn`t get rid of it fast enough)(1988 new)
    1991 Olds Calais 1991(brand new)
    1998 Dodge Dakota (1997 brand new)
    2004 Chevy Monte Carlo (2004 used but close to new)
    and currently 2012 Chevy Camaro(V6, still goes though)(2012 brand new)

So that makes 9 vehicles in 32 years not bad. The last few vehicles I got the 7 year itch with them. Don`t like to keep them beyond 100k either.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Use to go through a car in 6 months, had every G body there was. I must be over 30 cars between work cars, fun cars and daily drivers.

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

36 vehicles over the past 51 years but it includes 19 company issued cars. I may have forgotten a few.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve owned two cars. First is a 2000 Range Rover HSE and my second is a 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet. I think it`s getting close to the time to let the Rover go, I just have such a connection (as many of you do) to the car... Oh well, we`ll see what spring/summer brings...

Post Thanks / Like
    1971 VW Squareback, original red paint and primer black (doing body work). Hand me down from my Dad. Rebuilt 1800cc engine (bore and stroke), medium cam (Engle 120), dual 44 Webers, that ride rocked! I built a 1776 engine (bore only) for my brother`s `68 Bug, medium cam (Engle 110), dual 44 webers before building my own engine. VW engines back then were so easy to drop and rebuild. I someday want to acquire a `60`s VW again, hopefully a Karmann Ghia or a Notchback.

1962 VW Bug, used, stock engine totally rebuilt and clean, but all paint was black primer, replaced all fenders and fixed rust. Floor pan still needed rust repair. It`s a shame I never got it painted. I got this free from someone letting it sit in their garage under a car cover for years. They just wanted pictures in return for rebuilding it. Sweet deal!

1978 Honda Civic hatchback brown, used, that was a beater and lasted a long time. My Dad bought me this car when I graduated high school and wanted me to get rid of my VW`s. Okay, so I sold the VW`s.

1988 Acura Integra black, bought new, no mods. Excellent first brand new car! My Mom wanted me to get a new car instead of tinkering with old cars. Custom stereo built by myself, it rocked! I will never forget how ergonomic this car was. Wish I still had it. I love Acuras.

1998 Honda Accord EX-V6 Coupe black, cool triangle shaped brake lights. Bought new, no mods, custom stereo, first automatic and hated driving automatic so much....

2001 Honda S2000 black 6MT, bought new with first hardtop in Hawaii. Started the S2KHI club and held many cruises. Intake, exhaust, custom stereo with subwoofer in that tiny trunk! Awesome car. Sounded like a motorcycle revving up to 9,000 RPM. Great pull when VTEC kicked in. Will always miss this car. The engine didn`t like stop and go Hawaii traffic and often bogged in first gear. Got tired of bogging so...

2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT white with pearl. Great car, great torque. G35`s suffered power at high RPM due to the plenum (intake) being smaller than its 350z brother. Price paid for a sloped hood. No mods except 350z intake that added power and great sound to the intake at full throttle.

2004 Acura TL 6MT silver. I had lower back problems with the G35 seat and the Acura cured that. Intake added and ever since, the front wheels would spin at full throttle in first gear (no clutch dropping needed to spin tires). Wanted to to exhaust mods and others, but since I got wheel spin from the intake mod, did not pursue other engine mods.

2006 Mazda 3s, 5MT, titanium grey. Worst car I ever owned. Roof and other places started rusting. Had an electronic anti rust device that obviously did not work (dealer installed and would not remove since I knew these things did not work). Still have this car. Want to fix the rust on the roof and door pillars and drive this car (really my wife`s car, but supposed to be mine by now) until it dies. Polished with Menzerna FG400 and SF4500. Really hard paint, but now shines beautifully.

2013 Toyota RAV4 Limited automatic 6 speed. This is where I started getting into polishing and DA buffers. Nice car, but super soft paint. Easy to get dealer swirls and other scratches out with Menzerna SF4500. Beautiful gold metallic shine from dark green paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow some of you guys have owned a ton of vehicles. I`m impressed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Wow some of you guys have owned a ton of vehicles. I`m impressed
    How bout you, Todd? Haven`t heard your list!

Post Thanks / Like

Right at 40 but I`m sure I`ve forgotten a few.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information