Post Thanks / Like

Anyone own Scion XB?

I am thinking about using one for detailing and may test drive one tomorrow.

I am worried it may not have enough power or good enough suspension for a fully loaded vehicle.

Let alone they arent that pretty , at least to me !

Although the price could overide that easily!

Any thoughts or would love to hear from someone who owns one!Thanks!

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do know someone personally who is using one for detailing. He travels all over the place and it is not hauling a water tank or anything like that. But he haul all his supply sufficiently and is been nothing but pleased with this mileage. His praises even made me think of getting one.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone own Scion XB?

Thanks John! That sounds encouraging!

Post Thanks / Like

I took a look at a 2012 White XB yesterday. It was gorgeous with some awesome black wheels .I loved it !I was surprized how much I liked it,so much nicer looking in person. They have changed in style a bit and not so boxy.

Trouble was after measuring everyting and just looking at the inside it wasnt going to work with the amount of stuff I carry . Im sure I could cram it all in but I know I wouldnt be happy. Plus hoising my giant shop vac up in the hatchback was bound to be a problem.

Im staying with my Sienna van and buying it. It made me realize I have the prefect set up already .Especially with the sliding doors on each side makes everything so easily accessible.

Just 5 more years of payments .....

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wise choice.

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    I took a look at a 2012 White XB yesterday. It was gorgeous with some awesome black wheels .I loved it !I was surprized how much I liked it,so much nicer looking in person. They have changed in style a bit and not so boxy.

Trouble was after measuring everyting and just looking at the inside it wasnt going to work with the amount of stuff I carry . Im sure I could cram it all in but I know I wouldnt be happy. Plus hoising my giant shop vac up in the hatchback was bound to be a problem.

Im staying with my Sienna van and buying it. It made me realize I have the prefect set up already .Especially with the sliding doors on each side makes everything so easily accessible.

Just 5 more years of payments .....
    DC I don`t blame you for wanting a Scion. To this day I still think they would be a perfect mobile detailing vehicle, that and an 88 GMC Safari... But when you start a business, you have to make the most of what you have and be happy the way you made it. I look at my Astro sometimes wondering if I should upgrade or buy another, and the thing is, I like my Astro. I have the rims painted, I have the inside gutted out, rope and straps everywhere holding things down as if I was living on gilligans island or something. And the thing is, I`m comfortable with it. Sometimes customers will walk over to the van to see my set up, and they compliment me over it... It`s a good feeling knowing you`re on top of what you own
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad. Do you think you could reorganize or simplify what you carry? There is someone in DB that does mobile work out of a Nissan Cube. He only does it on occasion though. Everyday might be more of a hassle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Too bad. Do you think you could reorganize or simplify what you carry? There is someone in DB that does mobile work out of a Nissan Cube. He only does it on occasion though. Everyday might be more of a hassle.
    Yes Im sure. If I reorganized everything would be stacked on top of each other making it more difficult to get to and obstructing my veiw out the windows.It just wasnt big enough !I really need most everything I carry .

Im a little dissapointing as I had this scheme of borrowing money to pay off my van, selling it and getting a new vehicle with low payments and still having enough money to pay off my drowning debt Im in.

But its ok .Im happy with what I have and options are still open.

The price on those XB,s are amazing ! Wish there was something as cheap with more room!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    DC I don`t blame you for wanting a Scion. To this day I still think they would be a perfect mobile detailing vehicle, that and an 88 GMC Safari... But when you start a business, you have to make the most of what you have and be happy the way you made it. I look at my Astro sometimes wondering if I should upgrade or buy another, and the thing is, I like my Astro. I have the rims painted, I have the inside gutted out, rope and straps everywhere holding things down as if I was living on gilligans island or something. And the thing is, I`m comfortable with it. Sometimes customers will walk over to the van to see my set up, and they compliment me over it... It`s a good feeling knowing you`re on top of what you own
    It does feel great to be perfectly set up !!Glad your happy too!

I down sized from a full sized Chevy to a Toyota Previa and must have re orgaized 5 times to get everything to fit!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the XB would be a find choice..Ive been looking at the Ford Transits..they look very European and hold a lot of detailing stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    I think the XB would be a find choice..Ive been looking at the Ford Transits..they look very European and hold a lot of detailing stuff.
    I have a customer that loves his Transit for a mobile handyman service. He did say theres a power loss when climbing hills ,only thing he complained about.

Yes! Tons of room!

Post Thanks / Like

^^Those ford transits are only 4 bangers. Lots of gas mileage with those things
    Get your shine on!

Thread Information