Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Parking Lots- A car`s lovers nightmare?

I suppose I will never understand some people...

I don`t have an extremely amazing car, but I do LOVE my Mazdaspeed 3. I park it as far away as possible from people. If I have to park in a full lot I will park next to an island and hug as close to it as possible. I still have two door dings...

The other night, leaving a Publix, I watched a women empty her groceries into her SUV and watch the cart roll slowly into an adjacent car. She just watched it roll, then hopped into her SUV, and started to back out.

Normally I am a pretty reserved person but I couldn`t hold back from making a comment. I walked over to the cart, pulled it off the other car (which then blocked her from leaving) and placed the shopping cart right behind her bumper as she was getting ready to leave. She just started at me until I walked away.

As she got out of her car, disgusted, I told her she should learn to clean up after herself because her mom didn`t tell her how. She looked at me and shook her head in disgust.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Parking Lots- A car`s lovers nightmare?

I applaud you.

I do the same in the parking garage get a space next to the wall or post and park close to it.

And Publix lots are the worse man I dunno, I have see a cart ram my Acura there once too. Up here in WV it isnt so bad.

Post Thanks / Like

You`ve done so well that I can`t find the words to appropriately praise you.

I too park away from other cars in the lot but whenever I come back to the car I always find someone parked next to me. Gets annoying but after a quick look around without damage, my anger subsides.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got an appointment with paintlless dent repair to take out 3 parking lot dings out of my BMW.........nothing makes me more mad than walking to my car after I`ve detailed it and seeing those 3 dings......

I think most people probabaly wouldnt even notice them, because they are below the shadow line, but they stick out like a sore thumb to me.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you Todd. I actually had this happen to one of our cars many years ago. I saw it happen and the guy just looked at the cart and drove off. Made me pretty upset

Another time at the mall I saw a lady back out of a space in a van and hit the only other car in the area. She just stopped looked around and started driving off. She saw me stop and look at her and read her license plate as she drove off. She stopped for a minute and then left. I wrote a note with the van description, plate # and a description of the lady and left the note. I didn`t see any damage thank goodness but it`s still the principal that`s important

Post Thanks / Like

The sad thing is she probably still doesn`t understand why you did it.

I see so many instances of people`s lack of consideration for others. My personal big one is when I hold the door for someone to enter a building. They take one step inside the door and stop, thus preventing me from entering too.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely hate lazy, inconsiderate people that don`t return their carts in the appropriate place. I once witnessed someone that parked right next to a cart island and she still didn`t place her cart in it. She just left it between her car and the one next to it.

Stores need to charge a $5 rental cart fee which is reimbursable once the person returns the cart back to the store.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd
    Thats my number 1 pet peeve!

Post Thanks / Like

It is amazing how inconsiderate people can be in parking lots.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

hahah, I to have done the same thing, at our local grocery store, then lady unloaded her groceries , then put the cart in an empty space beside her car.

I happened to be walking by and said, excuse me that doesn`t go there, it goes 5 feet away from you in the bay.

She shook her head and said I don`t give a F*** that`s the cart boys job.

So she got in her car and I put the cart behind her car so she couldn`t back out. And I kept walking into the store.

She still just got out and put it back into the empty parking space..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mauls View Post
    She shook her head and said I don`t give a F*** that`s the cart boys job.
    This kind of attitude is one reason why lawyers exist. There is a point of negligence.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Two guys got into it recently here over one of them dinging the others car. Not sure which one it happened to, but one of them fail during the fight and busted his noggin against a curb and died

I always park in the back and take up two parking spots. Some moron will still come and try to park next to me though

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Todd. People just don`t care unless it`s their car that`s damaged. One thing that would really help is if the parking spaces were all up to current codes. Yes, there are code requirements for the width of a parking space but nobody seems to monitor the striping when the lot is constructed. The codes will change based upon where you live and the type of parking space. The best parking spaces I`ve ever seen are at Griot`s Garage in Tacoma, Washington. Richard Griot knows how to stripe a parking lot! The worst I`ve seen were at a Barnes & Noble Bookstore in Vancouver, Washington.

Post Thanks / Like

perhaps this will help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few years ago we were told when coming out of a Discount Drug Mart to check our car. Apparently an older guy shoved a cart across the parking lot aiming for the corral and missed.
    It scraped down the pass. door hit the mirror and fender (1095.00 damage) . How hard did he shove this thing? Management wouldn`t even review their cameras.

Way to go Todd! I do the same thing everytime I catch someone leaving a cart out now. If not yell at them.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information