Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well I finally did it!

Congo rats on the new toy!

I just have to comment on the trailer... I see motorcycles on trailers at rallies and just about everywhere I go. People don`t want to put miles on them or get them dirty or whatever. Personally, I buy my toys to use. They`re too expensive to be garage jewelry. I use a trailer in the event of snow or a breakdown, other than that if you see anything I own on a trailer it`s stolen!

TL <--- trailers are for boats

Post Thanks / Like

Kickass car! Earlier this year I came across a pair of those, an original and the new one, both in "plum". The designers did a great job with maintaining the style of the original!
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that`s amazing. Beautiful car, maybe I need to go back and look at those again. Thanks for posting the pictures

Post Thanks / Like

How many factory imperfections did it come with?? haha I kid, but sweet pick up. Never been a big fan of the newer muscle cars but the new challenger does look sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet ride! I guess no one has to tell you, black is not a color, it`s a part time job. I am sure you will have it looking like a million bucks when spring arrives. But what would keep you from driving in the winter? There would have to be a few days with a clear street. I`m just sayin.....
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

^ definitely a headache, especially on daily drivers. But if this is your weekend baby, you`ll be fine!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool ride! Is that the black with a ton of metallic in it? There are some Mopar black paints that are unbelievable in the sun.

Randy

Post Thanks / Like

WOW i`m loving that car.... not the color as we know black is not a color it`s a lifestyle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    Congrats on the new car! Your patience worked out for ya. Please tell me you got the 6 speed manual.

Nope. Went with the auto with the "slap shift" and "paddle shift" feature. I know...not the same. But, when you switch the suspension into sport mode and use the paddle shifter, it doesn`t limit your revs. It`ll only shift when you do. So kinda like having the best of both worlds in my eyes.

-J

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwtaco View Post
    you made a nice choice. is it going to be a garage queen? it would be a beautiful car to pass down generations.

Yeah, it`ll be a garage queen. I`m not sure exactly how many miles I`ll end up putting on it, but my guess is somewhere around 1000 - 2000 a year. I know some of you guys are of the `if you buy it, drive it` mindset and some of you appreciate the idea of a `garage queen`. I can definitely see both sides, but me...I`m garaging it and keeping her beautiful for years to come with the mindset of passing it down.

Quote Originally Posted by sc_S13 View Post
    How many factory imperfections did it come with?? haha I kid, but sweet pick up. Never been a big fan of the newer muscle cars but the new challenger does look sweet.

Well...since you asked! More than most of us would find acceptable, I`m sure. But nothing like the other one I was looking at. The spoiler was all messed up but I went out to the garage this evening and corrected it with minimal effort. I didn`t even bust out the Flex. Instead, I used my PC with a 4 inch orange pad, a 4 inch white pad and the M105/M205 combo. It also has some marring in a straight line along the width of the roof, on the trunk and some swirls and slight holograming on the hood. I`ve done a few test spots, putting minimal effort in, and I should be able to get everything out once I have some time to spend on it.

Here`s a before and after pic of the spoiler. (Nearly the entire length of the spoiler looked like it does in the first pic.) Pardon my awful photography skills. I have no clue how to adjust camera settings and set up lighting. Plus I needed my 9 year old son to tell me where I put my Brinkman dual xenon spotlight and he wasn`t around when I was out in the garage. (He found it for me later, though!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

So do you have any mods planned for that beast yet??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TID10 View Post
    Sweet ride! I guess no one has to tell you, black is not a color, it`s a part time job. I am sure you will have it looking like a million bucks when spring arrives. But what would keep you from driving in the winter? There would have to be a few days with a clear street. I`m just sayin.....

For sure, TID10! It`s gonna look so nice! But to answer your question regarding the winter driving...you wouldn`t believe the difference between having comprehensive (fire and theft) insurance and full coverage on it. Well, maybe you would. But I`m saving $600 by not having collision on it during the winter months. So factor in that, and the salt on the roads, and it`s reason enough for me! (I broke the bank buying this thing and, trust me, that $600 savings really helps!)

Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy View Post
    Cool ride! Is that the black with a ton of metallic in it? There are some Mopar black paints that are unbelievable in the sun.

Randy
    Heya Randy, Unfortunately, Dodge got rid of the black metallic. Last year was the last of it. This year`s black is called "Pitch Black" and has no flake in it. I`m a big fan of metallic paint myself but there was a ton of complaining on the Challenger forums from people wishing they would lose the metallic. I just don`t get it...but to each their own!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    So do you have any mods planned for that beast yet??

Nothing immediate. I`ll probably drive her stock for a while and then, eventually, start doing some smaller modifications. Things that come to mind immediately include installing a sway bar and replacing the air intake with an aftermarket set-up.

Just don`t think I`m wealthy by any means, so it`ll take a while. You know, the money that I paid for this is actually money that I started saving when I was 16 years old and I`m 38 now! I bought a 1985 Camaro with money that I got washing dishes, bussing tables and delivering papers and kept it in such good shape that I broke even on it when I sold it a few years later. I then upgraded to an `85 Z-28 Camaro which I did the same thing on before getting a `92 Z-28 which I flipped for a profit a couple of years later and then, after a few more years of saving, bought a 1989 Corvette which I did pretty well on when I sold it. So that, along with a stressful year and a half investing my Corvette money in the stock market and saving on the side, allowed for this purchase. So why did I just tell you guys that? Probably `cause I can`t help but feel guilty as all hell that I was able to drop all that money on a garage queen!

-J

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post
    Congo rats on the new toy!

I just have to comment on the trailer... I see motorcycles on trailers at rallies and just about everywhere I go. People don`t want to put miles on them or get them dirty or whatever. Personally, I buy my toys to use. They`re too expensive to be garage jewelry. I use a trailer in the event of snow or a breakdown, other than that if you see anything I own on a trailer it`s stolen!

TL <--- trailers are for boats

Heya TL,

I hear ya! The trailer isn`t mine. I didn`t have anyone to make the 2.5 hour drive to the dealership with me when I purchased the car. So, even though it was a nice day, I couldn`t drive it home. They trailered it over to me the next day at no extra charge (although I`m sure I could have haggled them down a bit more if they weren`t gonna trailer it to me). So rest assured that it will now be driven everywhere it is going to be!

(Although it will still probably be garaged a lot more than you would like...)

-J

Post Thanks / Like

^enjoy it man, it sounds like you`ve worked hard and saved wisely. I plan on doing the same, just have to wait a little while. Paying for my son`s school and renovating a house are up first though. Who knows, maybe I`ll be asking for some stock market tips down the road.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information