Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Annoying things people do when driving...

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Saw a dealer talk an 18 year old kid into an R1 while I was trying talk him into buying a used Honda Rebel 250. The dealer was like,"its only 140 a month, this bike is FAST, you will get chicks." Kid goes for it. Found on later on the news that the kid died that day (shortly after driving it off the lot). Panicked making a right hand turn (didn`t know how to lean) and accident (they assume) twisted the throttle, sending 180 horsepower to the ground and propelling the 390 lb bike (better power to weight ratio then an F1 car) into an oncoming police car. DOA.
    Sadly this happens a lot. Dealers are interested in selling a bike, and could care less who its to. Ive shopped for different bikes over the years, and have been hounded about buying everything from CBR600s to Hayabusas. I came very close to buying a used ZX6 Ninja once from a dealer, and when my credit was ran and he found out he could get me approved for a Hayabusa, guess what he was trying to talk me into? Keep in mind that Im 5`6 and 160 lb, and hes wanting to put me on what was then the fastest production bike on the planet. The worst part was the little devil on my shoulder saying "You could leave here on a Busa today"..luckily my wife was in the other ear and I left with nothing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    I havent read the whole thread but I hate when motorcyclist ride along side you between lanes to pass..........its legal to do here but it always really scares me and I think its dangerous . I had one the other day pass me , I swear he was 1/2 inch away from hitting my side mirror!
    FWIW, lane-splitting isn`t actually legal in CA, it just isn`t illegal as it is in 49 States. If they couldn`t split the freeways CHiPs would never be able to get anywhere through the gridlock. I don`t especially enjoy doing it when in CA... everyone stuck in traffic thinks you should be too. It`s always nice to get an ashtray dumped or butt thrown out the window when you sneak by.

It always bugs me too to see people on motorcycles dressed in camouflage clothes .Why ?
    I had a camo shirt once. Hung it in the closet and haven`t seen it since. (think about it) <shamelessly stolen from Steven Wright>

I almost creamed a guy on his bike at a stop sign he blended in so well , and I am one to especially pay attention to people on bikes .
    Because you think they`re hot?

I love people on motorcycles and love them more when they are safe and alive !
    I agree, that`s always been my preferred condition. The brain-dead numbskills that are trying to Blue Cross me daily obviously don`t agree.

TL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post
    FWIW, lane-splitting isn`t actually legal in CA, it just isn`t illegal as it is in 49 States. If they couldn`t split the freeways CHiPs would never be able to get anywhere through the gridlock. I don`t especially enjoy doing it when in CA... everyone stuck in traffic thinks you should be too. It`s always nice to get an ashtray dumped or butt thrown out the window when you sneak by.
    I dont mind if they sneek by in stopped traffic jams as long as they do it safely. True awful story when a motorcyclist went down here doing the exact thing when someone opened their door on them becasue they got sick at the same moment causing him to crash.
    Guess those cig butts dont seem so bad now in comparison!

I had a camo shirt once. Hung it in the closet and haven`t seen it since. (think about it) <shamelessly stolen from Steven Wright>

Because you think they`re hot?
    Im more concerned for their safety then checking out hotness

I agree, that`s always been my preferred condition. The brain-dead numbskills that are trying to Blue Cross me daily obviously don`t agree.
    Drive safe TL!!
    I worry about all you guys on bikes !
    Had a few close calls myself . People just dont see you! I started wearing a orange reflector vest and it really helped
    Of course not riding in the past 10 years has eliminated my fears altogether!

TL
    Now that winter has come early I wont worry about you for a while!

Post Thanks / Like

TL`s bike has studded snow tires. Keep worrying.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364 View Post
    TL`s bike has studded snow tires. Keep worrying.
    If there`s no snow on the roads and it`s above freezing I`m riding.

Gerbing`s Heated Clothing // The World`s Warmest Clothing!

Set the controller on `stun` and I`m toasty.

TL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information