Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Annoying things people do when driving...

with mirrors everywhere ..its goona be makeup..omg
    Lexus Rx300

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    People who tailgate... Riding my bumper won`t get you there any faster.

People who weave in and out of traffic. I saw a guy this morning that moved in and out of a lane 3 or 4 times and didn`t make any progress. What`s the point? I ended up passing him and I didn`t change lanes once
    Amen
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    People who tailgate... Riding my bumper won`t get you there any faster.

People who weave in and out of traffic. I saw a guy this morning that moved in and out of a lane 3 or 4 times and didn`t make any progress. What`s the point? I ended up passing him and I didn`t change lanes once
    It can get you there faster but like getting in the wrong line at a grocery store etc. it depends on luck. You get more tailgating when someone is in the left lane going slower than what the left laners want to drive.

I guess one question does everything think the "flash" to pass to be honored? That is if someone comes up behind you in the left lane and flashes (or maybe not) but clearly wants to move along faster, what is the front driver`s duty?

a, ignore the driver behind because he is a jerk and no one is going to tell me what to do
    b. move over to allow him to pass at a safe time (not 30 miles down the road)
    c. make gestures at the driver
    d. slow down to make him suffer
    e. start checking for your gun in case you need it

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    So far it looks like Florida is in the lead so far for one of the most annoying places .
    That`s because Florida is full of codgers driving around that ought to be on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    I`m proud to live here
    Hmmm, cause and effect?

TL <--- on the verge of codgerdom, make room for me

Post Thanks / Like

my biggest annoyance is sitting at a red light behind someone when the light turns green they put on their signal to turn left.... arrrrrgh

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: Annoying things people do when driving...

*those who ignore the YIELD sign.

*motorcyclists who want you to be "aware" of them, yet zip in and out of rush hour traffic at 100 MPH.

*idiots who play the horn because you`re not turning right on red...while I gesture to the idiot...READ THE &^^%%$ SIGN..."No Turn On Red During School Hours"

BTW, right turn on red is optional, not mandatory!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    *those who ignore the YIELD sign.

*motorcyclists who want you to be "aware" of them, yet zip in and out of rush hour traffic at 100 MPH.

*idiots who play the horn because you`re not turning right on red...while I gesture to the idiot...READ THE &^^&#37;%$ SIGN..."No Turn On Red During School Hours"

BTW, right turn on red is optional, not mandatory!
    While I agree with the right turn on red is optional and for that reason I will not honk but I think in society today its become a norm and if you do not have the confidence or skill set to make a right on red then I do get pissed sitting behind someone lol

BTW having a PA system in my truck and an electric air horn do help with the correction and calling out of idiots everywhere haha

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, one other thing. Macho firemen who use the emergency lights on personal vehicle to get through traffic, only to switch them off after making their way through.

Very unprofessional.

Post Thanks / Like

This.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta agree with that one. Squids like that have given sport bikes a bad name.

Post Thanks / Like

People on their phones! Every-time I see a person driving like an idiot, 99&#37; of the time they are on the phone.

I rarely answer my phone while driving...even though the car has the hands free set up, I still can`t recall the trip from the moment I answer to the moment I Hang up. Talking/texting on the phone while driving is almost as bad as drinking and driving IMO.

People who treat a yield sign like it`s a merge sign, thus causing me to have to hit my brakes and slow down because your dumb ass didn`t yield to the right of way!

People who wait until the last second to cut over when they know their lane is ending

People that stop or slow way down because that can`t tell the difference between this sign

...and this sign!

Left lane bandits drive me nuts too!

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha I really wish signs like the above really existed...
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with many of the above posts. Especially the one of people merging slowly. Around here some entry ramps are literally hairpin turns so of course drivers go very very slow through them and then they don`t speed up enough to even merge with traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, it`s challenging enough to get around on two wheels with your antenna up and head swiveling, you don`t need to be doing anything stoopid to tempt fate!

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Gotta agree with that one. Squids like that have given sport bikes a bad name.
    I was going down I-44 in MO after midnight one night barreling along at about 90 on the Ultrabarge. Darth Vader pulls up beside me, gives me a dark-visored look and I knew what was coming... up on the rear wheel going through the gears and out of sight at light speed. I`ve got no clue how these Evel Kneivel wanna-bes teach themselves this goofy stuff without leaving body parts and fiberglass bits all over the place.

Later that same night Johnny Rocket blasted by me so fast I almost got off the bike to see if I was standing still. Had to be doing 120+...

I was lucky enough to survive my stoopid years when I thought I was immortal, I wasn`t nearly that dumb though!

Any idea where the term "squids" originated? I`ve been calling `em that for eons... when someone asks I`m never able to recall where that came from.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s one reason I went for the heavy sport touring Katana over the GSX-R. While its ridiculously fast and corners like its on rails, its not as wheelie happy or unpredictable at high rpms. Im not sure exacally when or where the term "squid" was coined, but to my knowledge its referring to a rider skidding across the blacktop on their back or stomach in a spread eagle pose, which I guess resembles a squid in a way. I can`t say Im innocent when it comes to speeding or riding twisty roads at double the posted limit, but I`ve never once done something stupid in traffic or on busy roads. I also wear full gear every time I saddle up. Getting hurt or hurting someone else isn`t something I take lightly these days. I guess having kids and responsibilities changes one`s outlook on life.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information