Thread: Help me decide

Post Thanks / Like

Help me decide

I want to take some professional pictures but on the fence on what is the best back ground.
    The 911 is Viper Green
    Here are my two choices:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me decide

You`re going to use a Chili Red Mini for your 911s background?

I`d probably use any background that isn`t green. Even though the green`s will be very different, there isn`t much color contrast. I`d try to find a darker background like an old building or even an open parking lot at a park to make the car really pop and stand out.

My non-artistic 2 cents....

Is it a GT2 or GT3?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    You`re going to use a Chili Red Mini for your 911s background?

I`d probably use any background that isn`t green. Even though the green`s will be very different, there isn`t much color contrast. I`d try to find a darker background like an old building or even an open parking lot at a park to make the car really pop and stand out.

My non-artistic 2 cents....

Is it a GT2 or GT3?
    The side of my local gym so I decided to show what the wall looks like with a car.
    Did some shooting in a grassy area next to a golf course. I`ve been there many times including a PCA bbq. The one day we go out there to do the shooting and guess what, 30 golf carts parked there and made for a distracting back drop even though it was 100 ft. away.
    Neither, the P car is my 76 Carrera 2.7. ( Porsche`s secret RS)

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Green on green background = not good..
    Green on that red, etc., whatever that color is = not good..
    Find a nice contrast background like Nate said..
    What contrasts nicely with green?? That is the place you want to go to..
    And yes, it needs to be empty, or your camera lens can tighten up the shots so very little background is included..
    A nice place to get examples of great backgrounds is in the car`s brochure that you get at the Dealership..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

bcgreen:
    If you are looking for suggestions on how to capture a 911 in photos, look at the "Click & Brag- The Detailers Showcase" section within this forum.
    Check out those done 911`s done by Sizzle Chest. His photography skill are pretty good, in my opinion.
    Granted, these are done more in the vane of before-and-after shots relating to detailing and they are indoors in his garage or outdoors on his paved brick driveway his home, but they do give you some ideas of pictures that you may want to take.

That said, it is pretty obvious you just want an overall pic to showcase and highlight you own 911 and the color, like something you could put on a poster to frame and hang on a wall.
    If you want a more "natural" setting", I understand you choice of the forest evergreens and trees. Some individuals like to see a more stunning background of nature, like mountains or a high viewpoint or a sunset on water.
    The other with the orange wall and grey concrete accentuates the car, not the background. I would find a more neutral-color wall or building, like gray or white, if that is your prerogative of a background scene for your picture(s).

Either way, whatever you take, post it so we can see this iconic 1976 Viper Green 911 Carrera 2.7.
    (It`s oxymoronic to me to see the term "Viper" and "911" in the same sentence, but hey, that just me being Captain Obvious!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Just based on color theory, I’d avoid both the green and red backgrounds. I’d try to find something more neutral like a white or black to really make it pop. If not, a primary color of blue or yellow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    bcgreen:
    If you are looking for suggestions on how to capture a 911 in photos, look at the "Click & Brag- The Detailers Showcase" section within this forum.
    Check out those done 911`s done by Sizzle Chest. His photography skill are pretty good, in my opinion.
    Granted, these are done more in the vane of before-and-after shots relating to detailing and they are indoors in his garage or outdoors on his paved brick driveway his home, but they do give you some ideas of pictures that you may want to take.

That said, it is pretty obvious you just want an overall pic to showcase and highlight you own 911 and the color, like something you could put on a poster to frame and hang on a wall.
    If you want a more "natural" setting", I understand you choice of the forest evergreens and trees. Some individuals like to see a more stunning background of nature, like mountains or a high viewpoint or water a sunset on water.
    The other with the orange wall and grey concrete accentuates the car, not the background. I would find a more neutral-color wall or building, like gray or white, if that is your prerogative of a background scene for your picture(s).

Either way, whatever you take, post it so we can see this iconic 1976 Viper Green 911 Carrera 2.7.
    (It`s oxymoronic to me to see the term "Viper" and "911" in the same sentence, but hey, that just me being Captain Obvious!)
    Here`s one for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What a great looking car!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Thread Information