Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got One Ordered

Post Thanks / Like

Got One Ordered

I hesitate to post this but I’m a little jazzed. My newly married daughter’s husband hit some debris on the freeway and blew out both drivers side tires and did an endo in the barrow pit in his 2008 Civic. Fortunately, he was not injured but the car was totaled. Insurance paid off but not really enough to get into what I considered a safe car. They are very frugal and have just purchased a new home so not a lot of money in the coffers. They needed a replacement. Well... what’s a Dad to do? I have a Ford Edge Titanium, it had all of 15,600 miles on it. I let them take the Edge at a “too good to be true” price. Well now Mama’s out a car.

We went over and ordered it’s replacement today. She wanted to go a little bigger as she wants grandkids and a place to put them.

We ordered a 2021 Explorer ST with all the bells and whistles, track pack and all minus the sunroof. I don’t like sunroofs. It comes with a twin turbo 3.0L engine with 400 HP and 415 lb/ft of torque. We drove one that was on the lot and it would scoot in a straight line and the Track Pack should make cornering acceptable for a boat. Sadly, it still comes in at 4600 lbs. Ehhh... what can I expect? It will seat 7.

Here’s the part that is out way out in left field for me. The last 10 vehicles I’ve owned have been white, my wife wanted something different. We bought Rapid Red. This is quite a step for me. Anyway it won’t even be built until March but it’s paid for. I’ve done business with our dealer for years. He let us take a loaner that was much like our Edge Titanium. This is a stock photo of what our new one should look like.

Got One Ordered-6fe28322-7210-42cf-8227-10849fc9db17.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got One Ordered

Congrats!!!! Those are awesome! And Rapid Red is an incredible color!! Can`t wait for it to arrive to see actual pics...and the detail!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love the explorers! Probably one off the best looking suv’s in todays market. And with you taking care of it you’ll have ine of the best looking, best looking suv’s.

Congrats to your wife. For you more car and less forgiving color than white..... we’ll call it a wash (pu intended)....Got One OrderedGot One Ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, Sizzle your words on the color boost my confidence in the color decision. We looked hard at replacing our Edge Titanium with a new Edge ST, these little 2.7’s move pretty well but won’t run with the Explorer we drove. I’m actually wondering how it will stack up with my tuned 3.5L Boost in my truck? At the end of the day it wasn’t that much more to move to the bigger “grandkid” vehicle. We replaced the standard 2nd row buckets with a 35/30/35 bench so it will seat 7, bless anyone brave enough to crawl into the 3rd row.

I kept telling my wife I was looking to slowing down on the detailing, obviously this wasn’t a choice that supported that mindset. I’ve been that hard headed guy who still uses sealants but I’m considering a coating for this. As always when working with my Ford Dealer, I receive the cars still in wraps and will be the first one to get his hands on it. In fact they ship the brake pads for the Track Pack vehicles with the vehicle to be installed by the dealer. They won’t be doing that either.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the purchase GH! Some day I`ll special order something and make sure they don`t touch it!
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

That 3.5 TT in your 150 is a pretty hot rig for a pickup-- if it will out do that-- then its a pretty stout rig.
    The red is very nice-- BUT-- as you already know, it will show the dirt WAY WAY faster / worse than the whites
    Congrats!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice I dig the edges and explorers. I think they have a great look. I had a good laugh when you described it as a boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the ST and the rapid red. Congrats. What a great dad. Glad to hear he was ok.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    ... hit some debris on the freeway and blew out both drivers side tires and did an endo in the barrow pit in his 2008 Civic. Fortunately, he was not injured
    Sometimes I curse modern advancements (refrigerators listing to my conversations) and sometimes I don`t (this). Amazing. I`ve heard from old cops that they come upon accident scenes and cringe, then see the occupants walking around, and think that 25 years ago it`d been such a different outcome. Good job Honda.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mi Hermano !

I am sorry to hear about your son-in-law`s accident. I am glad he was not injured.
    Glad you and your Sweetheart were able to help them with another vehicle..
    Your new Explorer XT looks Fabulous !!! Love that shade of red - elegant !!!
    Congrats on your new one and thanks so much for all that you do for your family !
    Merry Christmas !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking car, but I still don`t get the "ST" treatment on an SUV...
    2021 Acura RDX, Pearl Red
    2022 Cadillac CT-4V Blackwing, Blaze Orange
    2022 Mazda MX-5, Snowflake White

Post Thanks / Like

This of course wouldn’t be the one for you, DAC17.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. I saw one a few weeks ago and it`s a sharp looking suv. SUVs have gotten so much larger.

My boat (Charger) is only a few hundred lbs less than yours.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

It weighs very close to what my F150Forum weighs but the truck has a few more HP.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead_1- Glad to hear your SiL wasn`t injured and that you were able to make Lemonaid out of the situation. Heh heh...welcome to the challenge of a non-white vehicle! At least you bought one that`ll be rewarding to drive

ANd I *REALLY* like the relationship you have with your Ford dealer! THAT has gotta be [darn]-near priceless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information