Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 14 Lexus gray lX570

This product followed by their cleaner is the product I’ve always read was the best for neglected leather. I have some but haven’t used to comment on it personally. It won’t “fix” the cracking but I’ve read it does improve the appearance and soften the leather.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/leat...l#.Xhz-gS9MFvI

here’s the cleaner code

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/leat...l#.Xhz_xS9MFvI

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    PDoyl- Glad you were able to take advantage of the warm weather and get it all cleaned up and protected, and *really* glad that you`re happy with how it turned out! That 845 oughta keep it nice for a good long time.

Stokdgs- Whose unscented leather stuff are you using? (Not that I expect to buy more Leather Care Stuff in this lifetime, but others might feel the way I do about the scent.)

Accumulator --
    Here is a link to the Leather Manufacturer who sells the product I use a lot on Finished Leather -- https://www.spinneybeck.com/index.ph...oner-protector
    They also make a product for Aniline Leather conditioning/protection/cleaner..
    Here is a link to their "About Us" -- https://www.spinneybeck.com/index.php?/about-us
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Stokdgs- Thanks for those links!

The name did (faintly) ring a bell but I`d never looked into their offerings.

Post Thanks / Like

14 Lexus gray lX570-pic570a.jpg14 Lexus gray lX570-lx570seat.jpg14 Lexus gray lX570-lx570seat2.jpg14 Lexus gray lX570-570-rear-console.jpg

Just tossing out an update on my ride.
    This Lexus is a privilege to drive. Got it with some miles on it and it was used well for sure. The seats are pretty beat. I bought this without a test drive and had it shipped to me from down south. So there is no rust. When I drove it for a short while I noticed a smell. It was sweat inbedded in the seats. I think it was in both front seats. I battled with this smell until a couple days ago. I found a solution. Using a small hand held steamer I added white vinegar and sprayed both seats very liberally. I have done this two times in the past two weeks and the smell has gone away... I think. Next plan- I found one guy who makes replacement covers on Ebay. Bought a set and I`m planning to replace them this summer when I pull the seats out to do the carpets. I`m going to have to soak that foam pretty good I imagine.
    The rear console has a wood grain top with big scratches in it. Would love to find a replacement top but that isn`t going to happen. Thought of adding a Lexus sticker to cove the scratch but it may look cheesy.
    Looking for Ideas and insight....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, Nizmo liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

PDoyle - I hope you and yours are all safe from this thing out there..

The Lexus is looking good !
    You have made it much better !

I always carefully use my Steamer on leather. I use that awesome Zaino Z-9 leather cleaner sprayed on, brushed in, then immediately steamed through a white towel, that is rubbed on the surface.. The white towel always comes out brown on the bottom from all the gunk it removed from the leather..

Did you ever get around to cleaning the A/C vents ? I just found the Klima Cleaner which has the new name = Nextzett when Einszett sold the company, on Amazon - type this in the search line and you will go right to it -- nextzett 96110515 Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Cleaner - 10 fl oz
    Believe its around $16.00 something a can..

If you say you removed a lot sweat off the leather, wait until you see what comes off the front (especially the drivers) seat belts!!! Again, I have turned a lot of pure white cotton cleaning towels brown when wiping off the cleaner + steam off of the seat belts..

You are doing great !! I`m so proud of you ! Wish I lived close by so I could help !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I`m looking forward to pulling the seats out for a cleansing this summer.I haven`t tried to clean the A/C yet. Found the smell was within the seats. Matter of fact, I might have to steam clean the front leathers again. Still have the smell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information