Thread: Shelby RAPTOR

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Shelby RAPTOR

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2...s-sells-117460

Had no idea FORD made these beasts. Looks like a run of 500.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shelby RAPTOR

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

BEAUTIFUL, I`d kill for one. Sucks they`re only making 500, that means it`ll definitely never drop in price. And probably go waaaay up in value. The new Vette`s pretty sick (I`m not really a `Vet guy) and in 6 years you`ll be able to get one for probably 20k. This Raptor will never be in my price range.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly it`s not a 120k dollar truck imo. Even with 500hp it shouldn`t have that stupid eco boost v6. It sounds awful. Also for 120k you`d think you would get big real brembo brakes. Nope stock brakes with plastic caliper covers. Interior is nice as is the suspension. But I dont see that price being justified in anyway.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a crazy ride. I was at the range and a guys had one in the lot. He caught me checking out his ride and unlocked it let me look around. It’s super nice inside but a rig that big is work to drive around where I live. Traffic, narrow roads and about the only plus is you don’t have to worry about pot holes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Honestly it`s not a 120k dollar truck imo. Even with 500hp it shouldn`t have that stupid eco boost v6. It sounds awful. Also for 120k you`d think you would get big real brembo brakes. Nope stock brakes with plastic caliper covers. Interior is nice as is the suspension. But I dont see that price being justified in anyway.
    These are not worth the 120K price tag. You can add the bells and whistles yourself for less money and other than the name tags have an equally nice truck for 10’s of thousands less. I’m one of those guys that use to say the same thing about the V6 engine in these trucks and I won’t argue with your comments on they way they sound. That said, having owned several of these now I can tell you this. Unless you’re buying a 5.0L version of these trucks with the intention of putting a blower on it your missing out. These little Twin Turbo V6’s are simply rockets. I’ve got nothing bad to say about them. Change the oil and filter often to avoid potential timing chain issues and put the pedal to the floor. They’ll walk on their V8 brothers.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Some people are happy to pay that kind of money to have a new vehicle with tons of power and a warranty. I would much rather make it my own and more of a sleeper. I love pulling up on these “performance” vehicles in my plain jane. Seeing if I can get them to play and then destroying them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    These are not worth the 120K price tag. You can add the bells and whistles yourself for less money and other than the name tags have an equally nice truck for 10’s of thousands less. I’m one of those guys that use to say the same thing about the V6 engine in these trucks and I won’t argue with your comments on they way they sound. That said, having owned several of these now I can tell you this. Unless you’re buying a 5.0L version of these trucks with the intention of putting a blower on it your missing out. These little Twin Turbo V6’s are simply rockets. I’ve got nothing bad to say about them. Change the oil and filter often to avoid potential timing chain issues and put the pedal to the floor. They’ll walk on their V8 brothers.
    This will probably be like the Ford GT, which is the only car in god knows how long to appreciate in value. This truck will end up selling for twice the MSRP used since there were so few made. I was looking at a 2004 Bentley Continental GT - $38k was around $280k new. I`m looking at a 2004 Ford GT $300k, was $130k`ish when they came out. A Shelby Raptor would be an investment, and you can`t say that about any other vehicles except a few ultra rare super cars. And at best a lot of those just hold their value, very few are worth 2-3x as much. The 2004 GT Heritage edition`s are going for half a million. Was under $150k brand new. That`s INSANE lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes... I saw that. I also saw the Hellcat Ram being advertised!
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Thread Information