Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto FSA`s

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto FSA`s

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Things in used car ads I get tired of reading...
    Great stuff.

I also like it when they brag about a late model car having A/C, power windows, and cruise control. I`m pretty sure every vehicle for at east the last 20 years have had those options unless it is a stripped down, commercial grade work truck.

Pictures are fun at times too. I once went to look at a used Honda Accord which was in "excellent" condition and had great pictures of the front, rear, driver`s side and interior. What you didn`t see in the pictures was both fenders on the passenger side were totally rusted through. Made me wonder how the entire car could be in such great shape, EXCEPT for the passenger side....

The thing that chaps my hide worse than anything else is dealership mistakes in their adds. I get a private owner may be sloppy with their adds, but at a dealership their one job is to sell cars and they have salesmen and marketing departments being paid to do adds correctly. Things like the VIN not matching the car in the pictures...some not even the right model! Options being mentioned on the car which visibly are not present in the picture is good for an eye roll. The best of them all is dealerships messing up the type of transmission in car. I lost count of how many times I`d look at a car because it was listed as having a manual, only to discover the pictures clearly show an automatic.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Great stuff.

I also like it when they brag about a late model car having A/C, power windows, and cruise control. I`m pretty sure every vehicle for at east the last 20 years have had those options unless it is a stripped down, commercial grade work truck.

Pictures are fun at times too. I once went to look at a used Honda Accord which was in "excellent" condition and had great pictures of the front, rear, driver`s side and interior. What you didn`t see in the pictures was both fenders on the passenger side were totally rusted through. Made me wonder how the entire car could be in such great shape, EXCEPT for the passenger side....

The thing that chaps my hide worse than anything else is dealership mistakes in their adds. I get a private owner may be sloppy with their adds, but at a dealership their one job is to sell cars and they have salesmen and marketing departments being paid to do adds correctly. Things like the VIN not matching the car in the pictures...some not even the right model! Options being mentioned on the car which visibly are not present in the picture is good for an eye roll. The best of them all is dealerships messing up the type of transmission in car. I lost count of how many times I`d look at a car because it was listed as having a manual, only to discover the pictures clearly show an automatic.

the transmission mistake by the dealership, been there done that. Except none of the pictures showed the pedals, or shifter. It was at a dealer in Denver. This was when we lived in Kansas, a long drive to make. I don`t feel comfortable driving a manual anymore because of the limited use I have of one hand. I can still, but probably not the best thing . So was looking at a 911. The ad said automatic transmission. Get there and it`s a manual transmission. I was upset driving five hours one way to find out it wasn`t what the ad said. Even worse after telling them about the ad being wrong and what we drove to see it. The next week I looked it up and it was still listed as an automatic transmission. So obviously they don`t care as long as you come to there lot. They tried to show me other cars but I declined to do so. We looked at other lots that day, but didn`t find anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    SGS is like Carfax.. the next step after SGS is there is to get an independent mechanical inspection or show up and look at the car yourself.
    Ah, OK, thanks for explaining.

Post Thanks / Like

Recently bought a used car for my son. What struck me during our search were the photos. Filthy exteriors, interiors with trash strewn about. No way I`m going to take time to even look at a car from someone who can`t be bothered to at least clean it up a bit. For the car we finally settled on, we received service records and had a PPI done. Then after the purchase we changed every fluid in the car. So far so good. Fingers crossed for the kid -- he loves the car.

Post Thanks / Like

dmath- Sounds like you did it right! I bet your son learned some things in the course of that search. Glad he loves it, hope that translates into taking good care of it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmath View Post
    Recently bought a used car for my son. What struck me during our search were the photos. Filthy exteriors, interiors with trash strewn about. No way I`m going to take time to even look at a car from someone who can`t be bothered to at least clean it up a bit. For the car we finally settled on, we received service records and had a PPI done. Then after the purchase we changed every fluid in the car. So far so good. Fingers crossed for the kid -- he loves the car.
    Good call on all counts. This reminds me of another dealership rant and directly related to your observation.

While shopping for my current car this summer I was SHOCKED by dealerships who would post pictures of filthy cars. Again, bad form for a private owner selling the car themselves, but a huge foul for a dealership. I lost count of the cars I looked at with filthy wheels, gross interiors, and dirty, dust covered exteriors. The wheels completely caked in brake dust and filthy interiors that bother me the most. To me it screams the owner negleted the car and the dealership isn`t even trying to hide the fact. Huge red flags for the car and the dealership as a business. These dealerships weren`t some small private used cars lots either. I`m talking about large, high-end, franchized dealerships.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my, saw a new one today I had not seen before.

Car use to runs great.

I think they hope you just skim read . Then all that catches the eyes is runs great.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The car will not start. The engine however is in great working condition .

just read this line in a BMW 330 ad.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information