Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Replaced The Beater Truck Today

Haven`t updated this in a little bit, but nothing that`s needed done besides another 5K oil change. Truck is a little filthy, but its been raining constantly.

There was a small issue yesterday though:

What`s going on you say? Well this little bugger here:

Yup, with all the roofing going on around here it was inevitable. Pulled the tire off and plugged it up. This is very controversial in the automotive world, but I`ve had different tires plugged over the years. Rotating the tire to the rear, they needed rotated anyways. It`s nice to have all the equipment to do it myself. And yes, that`s a torque stick on the impact. Gets it close and can do the final torquing by hand. I`m a little too anal sometimes.

Funny enough talking about nails in tires, I just brought this thing home after I "destroyed" my old faithful 30" single blade rear engine rider:

Yea that was a unexpected $2000 expense. But, the next day I noticed the tire was almost flat. Sure enough a roofing staple was stuck in it. Must have got it on the way home as the place I bought it from was just one street behind my house so I drove it home. So my luck with tires right now isn`t so good...
    2017 VW Golf GTI 6MT - 2015 Toyota Camry SE - 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - 2003 Mercedes SLK230 Kompressor 6MT

Post Thanks / Like

Nizmo- Sorry to hear about the puncture, but I`m glad you could just plug it. My wife has been running a plugged snowtire every winter for years, it`s holding up fine despite being a little noisy, so I bet yours will do OK too.

Gee, how did you kill off your previous mower?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Nizmo- Sorry to hear about the puncture, but I`m glad you could just plug it. My wife has been running a plugged snowtire every winter for years, it`s holding up fine despite being a little noisy, so I bet yours will do OK too.

Gee, how did you kill off your previous mower?
    Well the plug didn`t hold too well. Dropped a couple psi overnight so I pulled it off and had it properly patched. $16 later all is well. That`s a bargain for patching and rebalancing the tire!

The old mower, well it`s been patched and hacked up for years by yours truly. Not junky, but its been wore out for a while. I hit a bad low spot in the yard that apparently I`ve never hit before. It was ok the first time, but what do I do, yep hit it again. Bent the blade, cracked the spindle, and bent up the deck. I could fix it, but at this point its useful life was up... The new one is much larger so it takes less time. I went with the bigger v-twin Kohler, and I`m glad I did. Didn`t bog down on the thick wet grass once. The old one would have choked down and had a fit!
    2017 VW Golf GTI 6MT - 2015 Toyota Camry SE - 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - 2003 Mercedes SLK230 Kompressor 6MT

Post Thanks / Like

Tire picture remined me of yesterdays drama. Was out shopping with her Escape. Thought i heard something weird up front, like a rock in the tire. Took a look. Nasty metal screw in the tire. She dropped it off at Monroe. Where she got the tires and they fix flats for free. A call later and $181 it was ready. Sadly if it would have been one inch over it could have patched. New tire. Sad part is the vehicle has not been used much the last 5 months. She has been working from home. Got me thinking, guess ROAD HAZARD WARRANTY on tires may be good thing. Even tho no one takes that option when buying tires. When i bought my truck, you got a free year of NITRO FILL tire coverage. Tire replacement coverage etc. I dropped it after the year. Makes me think of picking it up again. Think it`s only $70/year.

NICE MOWER BTW!!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

PA Detailer & Nizmo- Hope the wheels didn`t get damaged during the patching; our local Michelin store ruined one of the Tahoe`s wheels (well...IMO it`s ruined, but I`m still running it as the damage is in the barrel) after assuring me they wouldn`t do exactly what they did.

Nizmo- Gee, $16 is like...*nothing*! And yeah, IME Kohler engines are the [stuff]. You sure *did* kill your last one, huh?!?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information