Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gotta Love Winter...

Dang it . I jinxed it. Finally out of the seasonal 30`s and it will drop on Monday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    How much abuse did the front facia take on those cars? This weekend, I had to make an airport run and the exit ramp from the interstate hadn`t been plowed, which left only two narrow tracks leadind down the ramp. Had I been in my car that "hump" between the ruts would have easily been higher than the front clip of my GTI and I`m sure the ice chunks and frozen snow would have d
    Nothing stands out that I can remember. My current accord hasn’t seen more than a few inches on the road and or parking lot so far so no concerns there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

And imagine that, it`s snowing again! It`s just supposed to be 1"-3" but grandmother asked if I wanted to take the Jeep, instead of saying no I just said sure. I know why she was so persistent now, it has under 1/4 tank of gas. Dang it, she got me, lol. For a 3.7 litre V6 it sure is thirsty...

I will need it Saturday night though, up to 17" in some spots...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Forecasters just came out with their first call here: 3-5" of snow - I can deal with that. Then they announced that was followed by up to .25 inch of ice and mixed precipitation. DOH! Gonna be a fun weekend at work...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we are getting 2-8" across our work area (2-24 across our region) with rain sleet freezing rain mixed in then a flash freeze turning our whole world to a skating rink.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain about trying to keep a car clean in the winter!

I would also like to say that I recently got a 2012 Audi S4 w/Quattro, it has the continental All season tires on it, it is the best driving winter car I have ever driven, and that includes my 4x4 trailblazer I used to have.

The car I had just prior to the S4 was a 2008 Audi A4 with Quattro and conti all seasons (same as the s4). It also did very well in the winter.

I can`t imagine how good they Quattro cars would be with winter tires.

Only reason I bring this up is that if you would like to stay with in the VW family, I have been extremely pleased with my Audis with Quattro and good all seasons (I am hoping to someday do a summer/winter wheel/tire set up on the S4 though). Not sure what your budget is, but a slightly used Audi with quattro may be worth looking into.
    Likes Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

cold here too

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Still getting use to what the ZR2 can do in the snow and bad weather. So far that thing is a BEAST! AUTO AWD is really all I have needed so far. Calling for one nasty storm this weekend!!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker1911 View Post
    I feel your pain about trying to keep a car clean in the winter!

I would also like to say that I recently got a 2012 Audi S4 w/Quattro, it has the continental All season tires on it, it is the best driving winter car I have ever driven, and that includes my 4x4 trailblazer I used to have.

The car I had just prior to the S4 was a 2008 Audi A4 with Quattro and conti all seasons (same as the s4). It also did very well in the winter.

I can`t imagine how good they Quattro cars would be with winter tires.

Only reason I bring this up is that if you would like to stay with in the VW family, I have been extremely pleased with my Audis with Quattro and good all seasons (I am hoping to someday do a summer/winter wheel/tire set up on the S4 though). Not sure what your budget is, but a slightly used Audi with quattro may be worth looking into.
    I have thought about a Quattro Audi, but something about a used one doesn`t give me a warm fuzzy feeling. My neighbor across the street has a `01 Dodge Dakota V8 4wd and 5 speed manual that he can`t really drive since his left foot is having tons of issues. Told him he aught to sell it to me and that got him really thinking. Has tons of new parts and is really clean inside. We`ll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Still getting use to what the ZR2 can do in the snow and bad weather. So far that thing is a BEAST! AUTO AWD is really all I have needed so far. Calling for one nasty storm this weekend!!
    Be careful with the auto 4wd function PA. I know in previous models it was prematurely wearing out transfer cases. But be safe this weekend it`s supposed to get nasty!
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker1911 View Post
    I can`t imagine how good they Quattro cars would be with winter tires..
    Good enough that we`ll *NEVER* drive ours in winter weather without them. Not even in the `93, with it`s superior (IMO) version of Quattro.

BUT...when it`s really WINTER WEATHER..that kind of AWD doesn`t compare with the 4WD of the Tahoe (also with Blizzaks).

Simply *GOTTA* have ice compound tires to retain steering/braking on...ice. The NON-ice compound winter tires I have for the S8 aren`t even close when things are iced over although they do fine in regular snow. Not that I plan to drive the S8 in winter weather again...

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

That’s just cruel Ron. It was 70 degrees here today. Supposed to be in the high 40s tomorrow. Maybe I won’t sweat when I work on my car.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just wish there were car shows in this part of Florida too.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Just wish there were car shows in this part of Florida too.
    Where in FL ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    That’s just cruel Ron. It was 70 degrees here today. Supposed to be in the high 40s tomorrow. Maybe I won’t sweat when I work on my car.
    At least you can work on your car
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information