Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on New Camry ?

I just started thinking of a new car. Does anyone have any comments on them, say 2015 to 2018 ? The looks of the new Camry SE is interesting. I hear they are not the most exciting to drive but are very dependable. How is the paint? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoughts on New Camry ?

Are you thinking about used? Car dealers are so desperate to sell these days that a used Japanese car is a terrible value. I was looking at a Honda a few weeks ago and they dropped almost 4k off sticker right off the bat. I`ve seen cars at CarMax for more than they cost brand new.
    Likes trashmanssd, Coleroad, pgp, MattPersman, tom p. liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I probably will go used, I do like the 2018 SE looks, it`s growing on me.They seem to get good mpg with the changes they made. Maybe in a few years, since it`s a new style-makeover year. I might look into a 2016 for a few years and then get the newer style. I used to keep cars a while, then they were not worth much. it`s a toss up I guess

Post Thanks / Like

That`s they way it was with our Buick too. We payed for a new one what used ones with 12-15k miles were going for. It was a no brainer. Get the full warranty, no wear and tear. All for the same price. I had no intention of buying a new car (never do) this time it was a better deal though. Two years old now and still less miles than most of the used ones had for the same price.
    Likes trashmanssd, Dan, pgp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It’s been that way for quite some time. Used stuff is nearly as much of more than new. You get a better financing rate if you need it on new and you can pick your color

It’s so competitive to sell cars now a days and the pricing is all over the internet it’s easy to take an hour or so and look at all the dealers online with in a couple hours drive and find the cheapest price. Take that to your local dealer and have them meet or beat that price.

Trade in is about the only thing that they vary a lot in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks pgp thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW one of my friends has an 18 SE and he likes it. Sure it’s not an RS4 or M3 but it’s a great daily driver with no drama down the road or expensive repairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had a couple as rental cars. They are nice. Can`t speak to the paint. Good, basic, no thrills transportation. Nothing wrong with that.

The car that has my attention is the new Kia Stinger. Nothing on the used market yet, but for basically the same price as a nicely equipped Camry you can get a 250+ HP, RWD or AWD, car - or you can go crazy and get a 365 HP RWD/AWD car. Worth a look if they fall into your budget. There are some horror stories on the paint, but I can find those on any new car out there.

Atleson Detailing Service
    FB - https://www.facebook.com/AtlesonDetailing/
    WEB - https://sites.google.com/prod/view/a...detailing/home

Post Thanks / Like

2015 Camry SE owner here, been almost 21K trouble free miles. 3 oil changes, a couple tire rotations, and that`s it. If you can spring for it get the V6. While the 4 cylinder is adequate, you have to wring it out to get anywhere fast. The SE model gives you a little stiffer and predictable suspension, but it is still a little hum-drum. But if you`re looking for reliable transportation, it`s the car for you.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nizmo- I`m glad you chimed in with a user`s perspective on the V6. With today`s hyper-performance cars being so mainstream, it`s easy to forget that cars like your Camry actually have more performance capability than most drivers and will easily trounce a whole lot of yesterday`s Serious Performance Cars. Put a good driver in a V6 Camry and an average guy in [exotic] and see what happens.
    Likes Nutbread liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh the V6 is a rocket ship for sure! In a strait line it`s capable, but even with the SE trim cornering can be sketchy. I have to remind myself it`s not the GTI driving around the mountain. Although alot of the problem is the factory Bridgestone tires. I`m sure with proper rubber it will be better. The I-4 is adequate for most people, but fuel mileage might surprise you, as we struggle to get 30mpg not even beating on it. The transmission is always trying to lug around to get economy, but I believe it does the opposite. I`ll stick it in sport mode with 4-5th gear lockout if I`m not on the interstate.

The stiff seats really bug me and start to get uncomfortable after an hour driving strait. I might just be used to the seats in my VW. Everything else about the car seems fine to me.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Nizmo- Heh heh, yeah...the GTI does make for a rather dramatic Sensible-FWD comparison, huh?

But yeah, put better tires on it and it oughta be better.

Not all that surprised by the mpg, but then I don`t really know from reasonable mileage since either the A8 or the Crown Vic would be our "economical" car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Nizmo- I`m glad you chimed in with a user`s perspective on the V6. With today`s hyper-performance cars being so mainstream, it`s easy to forget that cars like your Camry actually have more performance capability than most drivers and will easily trounce a whole lot of yesterday`s Serious Performance Cars. Put a good driver in a V6 Camry and an average guy in [exotic] and see what happens.
    Average guy would get all the women so... I get what you`re saying though lol.

Post Thanks / Like

showbbq- Heh heh, well...I always took pains to keep gals from knowing about my "real" car(s) until we were, uhm...very well-acquainted...as IMO anyone who`s impressed/influenced by somebody`s [stuff] isn`t worth knowing. And anyhoo...these days most anybody with a Credit Rating can drive pretty much anything he wants, at least for a while. A [fancy car] doesn`t really tell you much of anything about anybody, or at least not anything positive.
    Likes showbbq, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of a smaller car like I have now, I really like the mgp it gets even on mostly shorter trips. I had a midsize last time and miss it. I was looking online and decided to look at the Camry since I noticed a few of them on the road. The styling is a bit different on the SE, like some of the Lexus models, it`s growing on me. I see the Camry has a 4 that gets great mileage, that got me into looking at them instead of a smaller car.

Just a little south of the Mason Dixon Line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Not to mention handling. I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again. We are living in the golden age of automobiles.
    The devil made me do it the first time.
    The second time I done it on my own.

The only good thing about getting old is no longer having to worry about dying young.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information