Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Battery float chargers - CTEK vs. NOCO vs. others

I have a HF here in town. I ought to look at those chargers out of curiosity.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I`m thinking of going with the "little brother" MULTI US 3300...looks about $20 cheaper than the MXS 5.0. I don`t know why they took the waveforms off the front of the MXS vs. the MUS, of course, who could figure out what was going on without looking at the manual, I guess. Maybe 4 steps will make my brain hurt less than 8 steps.
    Well, that was about the worst $20 I didn`t spend. The 3300 only has 2 lights, not charged (red) and charged (green). A couple of weeks ago I was having some battery problems, so at one point I decided to take the 3300 off (it was showing green, charged), and put my MUS 4.3 on it...and it proceeded to go to only to light #4 (80% charged) and then took some hours to get to fully charged. So now I`m the proud owner of an MXS 5.0 (for $81). I`m so happy to have all those lights!
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Granite 50w 12v charger/maintainer that I keep the Ferrari hooked up to. Wasn’t about to spend hundreds on the Ferrari unit. The only issue I ran into was the one time the battery died (1.5” rain water killed the last unit I had on the ground, new one is mounted) the battery was so dead, the unit wouldn’t detect it and begin to charge. Had to grab my dad’s old analog trickle charger to get it started, then switch back to the Granite for maintenance. Also, the price of the u it has nearly doubled since the pandemic.

Post Thanks / Like

Went with the NoCo Genius 10 and haven’t looked back. 6 amp, does 6 and 12v. Desulfator and works in all temps.

Only problem is now i need a jump starter and feel i need to get a NoCo that’s $100 more than a hulkman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few CTEKs and I wish, once the power goes out in my community, that CTEK would reset itself and wouldn`t need someone to go to my garage and restart all the units.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    I have a few CTEKs and I wish, once the power goes out in my community, that CTEK would reset itself and wouldn`t need someone to go to my garage and restart all the units.
    Hmm, my first one, the MUS 4.3, keeps its setting if you unplug it. The MULTI US 3300 is annoying because it resets itself if I unplug it to move to a different vehicle...haven`t tried the new MXS 5.0...I presumed it would be like the 4.3, but it seems like you`re suggesting it won`t be.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Barret Jackson CTek that is great to leave on all winter in my Miata. The battery goes dead in two weeks otherwise. I also have a Schumacker with an AGM setting and 2, 10 and 15 amp charging options. Both seem to work fine but for long term sitting, I`m more comfortable with the CTek. I always disconnect the Schumacker one it hits 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

$20 Black & Decker from Amazon. Simple design & works well. Keeps batter in 12v window; never above or below

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information