Post Thanks / Like

19 cherokee trailhawk

Went on a little road trip today to get out and enjoy the day. Wanted to take a better look at the Jeep Cherokee Trail hawk. V6. 271 HP & 239 lb-ft of torque. Very comfortable to drive. The seats were some of the best I have sat in. Ride was great and responsive. Interior was really first class. Jeep as really upped the game on their interiors. Over all there was not much there not to like. Impressive.

untitled.png
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 19 cherokee trailhawk

We own a v6 trail hawk and we really love it.
    Likes Stokdgs, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    We own a v6 trail hawk and we really love it.
    Nice. It was impressive. The new turbo 4 is rated at 270 HP & 295 lb-ft. As mentioned I drove the 6.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO a track hawk would be more fun-----LOL
    Jay
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of the FIAT venture and what it is doing to Chrysler products personally.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jeep Cherokee was one of the vehicles I was researching and looking into. That blue one in the photo is the color I was after. I just can`t get over that big mat black decal on the hood. I never did test drive one only sat in one to see how it was getting in and out of. The day I was looking last spring I just didn`t have the time to test drive and maybe I should have. Not sure I would be interested in the turbo but wanted the V6 would have been the way I would have went.

You mentioned the interior that they have upped their game. That is the one sad part about the Colorado as that the interior, the seats in particular have gone to the cheap side compared to my LT Camaro. The only really noticeable improvement is the stereo head unit but then it doesn`t have a CD player but then it doesn`t need one since I use a low profile USB drive for my music.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

I would give it a couple years before buying one of these. Apparently the 9 speed has some issues that they need to work out. Leave it to FCA to keep a Diamler Chrysler tradition of transmission problems...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I would chime in on our 3 year old Cherokee Trail Hawk. Ours is white a d has the black interior. It’s got the forward crash avoidance, tech, blind spot, lane keeping and navigation. Basically every box checked. It is a vehicle I wanted very badly not to buy at the time.

The forums were full of people with a whole host of issues. I wanted to buy a Subaru Forester, a Toyota Highlander special edition or a Nissan pathfinders

This vehicle was to be a shared vehicle with my kids one a very new driver at the time. Like all my purchase I want the right price and a top rating from iihs.

That left the Subaru and the Jeep. Well I caved and purchased the Jeep trail hawk.
    I can tell you that it’s the most comfortable vehicle we own. Rides like a dream. The technology is easy to use. The dash layout and Nav screen easy to live with. iPhone integration and voice recognition on the Jeep beats my Infiniti easily.
    The full glass sliding pano roof is awesome.
    Fuel efficiency is ok for an 4x4 with big tires. Get 16-18 around Town. Kids get less. 600 mile trip netted 24.7 mpg with me and my son splitting the driving.

Issues so far. Minimal but:
    Replace driver side sealed led headlamp at 2k - warranty
    Replaced hood latch cable - warranty at 5k

Software updates
    We got a lot early on and they have slowed down. Most made a notable improvement mostly in the transmission shifting smoother.
    Power train unit updates. Anti hack software installed.

On the snow this thing is a beast. But so is my Subaru. This just has the clearance to climb over everything in my suburban area. We have taken it on the beach. Dropped the psi and had a lot of fun. And we love the matte black decal. It’s polished and coated and looks great. It’s our second one. Our fault but now I know finish polish only- Thanks Mr Lambert.

The Jeep has been a pleasant surprise. I am getting ready to swap the battery as it do at the 3-4 year mark. This car is so electronic that I do not want to jump start it.

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    Jeep Cherokee was one of the vehicles I was researching and looking into. That blue one in the photo is the color I was after. I just can`t get over that big mat black decal on the hood. I never did test drive one only sat in one to see how it was getting in and out of. The day I was looking last spring I just didn`t have the time to test drive and maybe I should have. Not sure I would be interested in the turbo but wanted the V6 would have been the way I would have went.

You mentioned the interior that they have upped their game. That is the one sad part about the Colorado as that the interior, the seats in particular have gone to the cheap side compared to my LT Camaro. The only really noticeable improvement is the stereo head unit but then it doesn`t have a CD player but then it doesn`t need one since I use a low profile USB drive for my music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    I would give it a couple years before buying one of these. Apparently the 9 speed has some issues that they need to work out. Leave it to FCA to keep a Diamler Chrysler tradition of transmission problems...
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This weeks 9 speed problems

3 valve bodies. One transmission

Last week 2 transmissions

Several software updates and quick learns or drive learns depending on year

I’m only one guy here can only work on so many a week on top of every 2500 and up truck and other transmission problems

The 9 speed has definitely been a problem

2014 was worst. 2015 second. They seem to be somewhat better

They have sold a PILE of Cherokees. Hard to say what % of them has had problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information