Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Auto insurance

Been with USSA for decades. They have raised our auto insurance by 24% for our next renewal. Not like we`ve had a ticket or accident. So, I was wondering what experience others on here have had with armed forces insurance (AFI)? Definitely need to switch from USAA.
    Likes Never Enuff liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Auto insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    Been with USSA for decades. They have raised our auto insurance by 24% for our next renewal. Not like we`ve had a ticket or accident. So, I was wondering what experience others on here have had with armed forces insurance (AFI)? Definitely need to switch from USAA.
    Surprised. I thought they were supposed to be great.

Maybe they raised rates to advertise. I see at least 5-7 ad`s day/night here, when I never used to see ads for them at all.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The reasons that I keep USAA as my auto insurance (inherited from my grandfather), is because all my banking is through them, as well as my vehicle loan, grouping makes everything easier. Have you inquired as to why your rates went up? The insurer, at least in the state of Texas, by law has to give you reasoning for the increase, of course this is when you ask. Most people do not ask.

I also keep USAA because they have the highest PIP coverage in the industry, not to mention that they have vehicle replacement of FMV +20% of FMV, that`s pretty substantial. But dealing with any of their representatives is a PAIN IN THE ***.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Surprised. I thought they were supposed to be great.

Maybe they raised rates to advertise. I see at least 5-7 ad`s day/night here, when I never used to see ads for them at all.
    they are paying for something.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    The reasons that I keep USAA as my auto insurance (inherited from my grandfather), is because all my banking is through them, as well as my vehicle loan, grouping makes everything easier. Have you inquired as to why your rates went up? The insurer, at least in the state of Texas, by law has to give you reasoning for the increase, of course this is when you ask. Most people do not ask.

I also keep USAA because they have the highest PIP coverage in the industry, not to mention that they have vehicle replacement of FMV +20% of FMV, that`s pretty substantial. But dealing with any of their representatives is a PAIN IN THE ***.
    I understand, I`ve been doing the same for a very long time. Really I don`t care at this point why they are raising it. It`s not as though they are going to change their mind. I`ve gotten several other quotes. All of them are much more reasonable. I can`t afford that kind of increase on four cars. Two cars are on storage still for winter. The quotes i got from others cost the same without them on storage. I still have over a month before the new policy kicks in. I`ll have different insurance set up in the next week or so.
    I don`t know much about AFI, so was trying to find reviews on here. I read reviews on line, but they all seem to be homeowners insurance related. I know like State Farm , the auto insurance is good, but homeowners not do much.

Post Thanks / Like

I would still ask why the increase
    there may be something you are not aware of
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like

they are paying for something.

I understand, I`ve been doing the same for a very long time. Really I don`t care at this point why they are raising it. It`s not as though they are going to change their mind. I`ve gotten several other quotes. All of them are much more reasonable. I can`t afford that kind of increase on four cars. Two cars are on storage still for winter. The quotes i got from others cost the same without them on storage. I still have over a month before the new policy kicks in. I`ll have different insurance set up in the next week or so.
    I don`t know much about AFI, so was trying to find reviews on here. I read reviews on line, but they all seem to be homeowners insurance related. I know like State Farm , the auto insurance is good, but homeowners not do much.

Have you put the cars in storage on storage coverage?

Post Thanks / Like

Have you put the cars in storage on storage coverage?
    Yes, every winter the convertibles go on storage coverage. Been that way for years now.

Post Thanks / Like

So basically it`s what USAA asked the state regulators to be able to increase premiums by. I`ll just be shopping around for a good insurance company with better rates. Looks like probably AFI, or liberty. If anyone has experience with either, do tell.

Post Thanks / Like

So basically it`s what USAA asked the state regulators to be able to increase premiums by. I`ll just be shopping around for a good insurance company with better rates. Looks like probably AFI, or liberty. If anyone has experience with either, do tell.

USAA asked your state regulators if they could raise their premiums on their customers?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got Progressive. They have the best rates in my area (Georgia). They beat USAA by quite a bit (ex-military) and I was with USAA for a long time.
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

USAA asked your state regulators if they could raise their premiums on their customers?
    Yes they were one of the 15 auto insurers in Colorado who paid out more in claims than they took in, in premiums in 2017.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure that you have USAA Ins.? The reason I ask this is because I think they divide their customers into a couple of different groups and then assign them to either the original USAA insurance or to another insurance company they own. The members in the original USAA company receive some benefits that people in the other group does not receive. There may also be a difference in premium rates although I don`t know that for a fact. When I asked about the continual raise in the premiums I was told that it is because of the substantial losses they have had it Texas. This is the same excuse they have used every year when I call to complain about the raises in premiums. I have checked for the last few years with other companies regarding auto and homeowners insurance and I have yet to find any company that can compete with USAA`s prices---which is really disheartening. Every renewal period I continue to look for comparable coverage from another company, however I have not found any other company yet. The search will continue! I would NEVER recommend USAA to anyone. Their customer service is beyond nonexistent and their customer service representatives have been uninformed and rude.
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance companies are out to make money. They don’t care who you are or how long you’ve been with them. I had Allstate. Was with them for 36 years. (Homeowners and automobiles). They jumped my premiums up for no reason. No claims. Hadn’t had a speeding ticket in 6 years. Found a company called Donegal and switched to them. $700 cheaper per year Only thing I lost was the 0 deductible on comprehensive. $250 now. Called my Allstate agent to see if he would meet Donegal’s price. His response was Nope, sorry buddy. Certain parts of the country are also higher than others. I’ve also heard they take your credit report in consideration when making your premiums

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Never Enuff View Post
    Are you sure that you have USAA Ins.? The reason I ask this is because I think they divide their customers into a couple of different groups and then assign them to either the original USAA insurance or to another insurance company they own. The members in the original USAA company receive some benefits that people in the other group does not receive. There may also be a difference in premium rates although I don`t know that for a fact. When I asked about the continual raise in the premiums I was told that it is because of the substantial losses they have had it Texas. This is the same excuse they have used every year when I call to complain about the raises in premiums. I have checked for the last few years with other companies regarding auto and homeowners insurance and I have yet to find any company that can compete with USAA`s prices---which is really disheartening. Every renewal period I continue to look for comparable coverage from another company, however I have not found any other company yet. The search will continue! I would NEVER recommend USAA to anyone. Their customer service is beyond nonexistent and their customer service representatives have been uninformed and rude.
    Jay
    Yes I`m positive I have insurance with usaa. I`ve had them for insurance, loans, banking for 30 years this year. Well and same here with the rate increase. The insurance companies went to the state regulators to ask for an increase, because of the 1.4 billion dollars in claims last year. From the major hail storm that hit the Denver metro area.

Post Thanks / Like

Insurance rates will be going up for all. Think texting drivers and an increase in natural disasters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information