Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The new jeep wrangler released yesterday.

When I was time for a new daily; I wanted something somewhat rugged with real 4x4. So that means trucks or a Jeep. My only real candidates were a Frontier Pro 4X or a Tacoma Off Road.

...But the Jeep dealer was right next to the Toyota dealer - so I looked at Jeeps for giggles. No. Nope. Never. What you get for your dollar is pretty poor.

These things sell for one reason - people like how they look. These things start at over $30k in real life for a 4x4 - and that`s bare bones. I think I paid low 30s for my Pro 4X loaded - with every option Nissan makes + $600 bed cover included. I`m pretty happy with my choice.

Likes MattPersman, PA DETAILER liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    When I was time for a new daily; I wanted something somewhat rugged with real 4x4. So that means trucks or a Jeep. My only real candidates were a Frontier Pro 4X or a Tacoma Off Road.

...But the Jeep dealer was right next to the Toyota dealer - so I looked at Jeeps for giggles. No. Nope. Never. What you get for your dollar is pretty poor.

These things sell for one reason - people like how they look. These things start at over $30k in real life for a 4x4 - and that`s bare bones. I think I paid low 30s for my Pro 4X loaded - with every option Nissan makes + $600 bed cover included. I`m pretty happy with my choice.

Nice truck! The thing about Jeep pricing, and Nissan too, as well as most American brands is you can`t take the sticker price seriously. Dealers discount them by thousands. Toyota and Honda you might get a thousand or two off sticker. It really is a silly game that makes it difficult for consumers.

Post Thanks / Like

The new jeep wrangler released yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Nice truck! The thing about Jeep pricing, and Nissan too, as well as most American brands is you can`t take the sticker price seriously. Dealers discount them by thousands. Toyota and Honda you might get a thousand or two off sticker. It really is a silly game that makes it difficult for consumers.
    Yeah. Think I got $5k off the truck. Of course dealer right near my house selling same truck w/o that discount

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Yeah. Think I got $5k off the truck. Of course dealer right near my house selling same truck w/o that discount
    I love those dealerships that act like those discounts are made up. When I was buying the Vette, there were dealers discounting by 10k. I went in to a dealer that was close by in hopes of working out a deal, I showed them the ads, they spent about 30 minutes telling me that it was a trick, I`d never get that deal, blah blah blah.

Post Thanks / Like

I had been thinking about the idea of trading off my Camaro the last year or more and had been looking at the idea of owning a Jeep. I just can`t stand the looks of the 4 door Wrangler. The Rubicon is just priced to ridiculous, the 2 door starting at close to $40k I would rather buy a pickup and have the ability to haul something rather than tow. I have did a little research on other Jeep models but it is getting hard to wrap my head around some of the prices they fetch for what you get.
    Dean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information