I really like the way German cars feel and drive, but every time I own one I swear I`m not buying another. I`ve owned several VWs, several Audis, a couple of BMWs and one MB.They are seriously such un-reliable garbage. Instead of upgrading/evolving designs, they start from scratch and make things worse in many cases. VW/Audi is the worst at this. I currently have a 2010 Passat that I`m trying to keep "reliable" but my gut is telling me to ditch it.

Some funny things (generalizations) I`ve noticed:

-There are almost no "independent" Honda/Nissan/Toyota shops because they aren`t needed!

-Asian car dealers try to up-sell you on silly services like throttle body cleanings and fluid changes or tell you you need new brakes when your pads are 1/2 worn because it is hard for their service dept to stay busy/profitable

-German car forums are filled with people searching for answers, mega threads with all sorts of fixes, Asian forums are filled with questions about who makes the biggest spoiler or what wheels will fit.

-There aren`t really any major 3rd party sources for Asian cars, for Euro cars there is a whole camp of 3rd party stuff.