Post Thanks / Like

Does it work, is it worth?

Being a clean freak, YAY or NAY?

Philips Gopure 200 compact air purifier

Philips GPC20GPX1 GoPure 200 The Philips GoPure 200 Compact GPC20GPX1 is a compact automotive clean air system that provides fresh and clean air in your car. Its has a unique 3-stage filtration process that removes nearly all of the in-car air pollution and toxic gasses to keep you and your family in good health. It also comes with filter replacement indicator and has automatic on/off technology.GPC20GPX1 Features:Automotive Clean Air System2 Speed Settings3 Level Air Quality IndicatorAutomatic On/OffAir Particle SensorFilter Replacement Indicator50 Hz FrequencyPower Required: 3WFilter Lifetime: 350 HrNoise level: 40dB - 50dBCompact Portable Design Philips GPC20GPX1 GoPure 200
    Brand New
    https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/GPC2...ean-air-system

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-GoPur...r+air+purifier

Discuss.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does it work, is it worth?

I can say for $138 I`ve made many worse decisions, even on Amazon alone, haha.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

The Driver- That claim about removing "nicotine"/"Tobacco Smoke Residue", and doing it "3X better than an Ionizer" makes me go "HMMMMM..." They quote that TUV report without interpretation in a way that I also find, uhm...disingenuous (gee, that sounds impressive so it must be great!). I kinda knee-jerk towards "snakeoil" but I could be completely wrong! I bet it`s like some little tabletop air "purifier" for the home that does a bit of something and is probably better than nothing by a long shot, but isn`t gonna work any miracles and will end up unused after a while (like after they quit making filters for it).

Wonder how often it`s gonna need those $32 filters..I mean, REALLY, IRL, as often as it`s gonna get run.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    The Driver- That claim about removing "nicotine"/"Tobacco Smoke Residue", and doing it "3X better than an Ionizer" makes me go "HMMMMM..." They quote that TUV report without interpretation in a way that I also find, uhm...disingenuous (gee, that sounds impressive so it must be great!). I kinda knee-jerk towards "snakeoil" but I could be completely wrong! I bet it`s like some little tabletop air "purifier" for the home that does a bit of something and is probably better than nothing by a long shot, but isn`t gonna work any miracles and will end up unused after a while (like after they quit making filters for it).

Wonder how often it`s gonna need those $32 filters..I mean, REALLY, IRL, as often as it`s gonna get run.
    Well, I think of it like this. I`m going to run it once a day during the summer but I run my car for maybe 20 mins at a time, 2-3x a day. I`ve always wanted a hepa filter in the car, why? I get daily alerts in the summer from the state alert service stating air quality warnings. Long Island has horrible pollution (As beautiful as it is) both air and water. I think at this point anything will help. My OE cabin filter (Isn`t hepa) which is 35$ from Volvo is under lifetime warranty so I guess it`s more of a break even.

I would think the change per filter is once per year, so 32 per year and states no ozone.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I can say for $138 I`ve made many worse decisions, even on Amazon alone, haha.
    Tell me about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don`t think it`s worth it...granted, I don`t smoke so that`s not a factor.
    Let`s discuss the air filtration aspect.....if one ever took apart ducting systems of any kind, or even just looked at the blower wheel, condensate lines, etc......you would probably just want to vomit.

Generally, the most air run is during the summer is on full blast - presuming the majority of it being run is primarily up front, with maybe 30-50% in the rear, if one had kids that ride daily. I personally don`t think it`s going to be able to filter the air as much as what`s being out from the ~dirty air systems regardless~ IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not gonna be full-negative about it or anything, just question whether it`d really make a diff. Hey, if the cost doesn`t bug ya give it a go and post back.

Trending off-topic, I`m not ozone-phobic. Just doesn`t bother/negatively impact us the way some say it will. Been using various ozone generators for decades.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, found a Bosch drop in Hepa filter... Will post up the results soon!

Thread Information