Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Hellcat WIDE BODY

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    yea well so far no dealer that I`ve shown my work has been interested...I tell you what tho..the first one that does,,,well they`re gonna be selling a lot more cars after that!

not be be conceited but short from the chips on the front Cuda grill I have, my car rolls up on a dealer lot and turns some heads and I park next to another black mopar (brand new) and mine is the one that looks pitch black (and its not even pitch black- its metallic)

99% of the people in America don`t appreciate the work that we do, that`s why it`s considered a luxury. Hahahah
    Likes ShakingHorizons, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, the Dodge dealerships around my area can`t sell the Hellcats they already have, even at a discount. And to think some were marking them up a while ago!

512Detail- Do you really think that having their cars detailed better would result in any more sales? In my area, nobody cares. Period. People I know buy something new and when I ask about how they plan to get it all detailed they look at me like I`m nuts and say something along the lines of "there`s nothing wrong with it as it is". Car shows, Cars & Coffee, Club concours...everything looks like a "Before" pic and nobody cares. Heh heh, it`s like the stuff I see here at Autopia exists in some parallel universe where people care about stuff like marring, including the local "detailers".
    Likes ShakingHorizons, 512detail liked this post
    Thanks Dan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

More on-topic...those flares look too tacked-on for my taste. That front sidemarker light looks terrible to me. Now, if they were hammer-welded/etc. and the light were blended in, then maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Altoona,PA dealer got their first one in. Stock photo only

http://www.courtesymotor.net/new/Dod...212a19e0e0.htm
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes ShakingHorizons, HCF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    More on-topic...those flares look too tacked-on for my taste. That front sidemarker light looks terrible to me. Now, if they were hammer-welded/etc. and the light were blended in, then maybe...
    I agree, be alot better if it was real wide body with flares molded in, part of fenders, kinda looks last minute add on. Side markers are terriable, I`d at least color match them to car. I usually color match or tint side markers now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    99% of the people in America don`t appreciate the work that we do, that`s why it`s considered a luxury. Hahahah
    Eh, the Dodge dealerships around my area can`t sell the Hellcats they already have, even at a discount. And to think some were marking them up a while ago!

512Detail- Do you really think that having their cars detailed better would result in any more sales? In my area, nobody cares. Period. People I know buy something new and when I ask about how they plan to get it all detailed they look at me like I`m nuts and say something along the lines of "there`s nothing wrong with it as it is". Car shows, Cars & Coffee, Club concours...everything looks like a "Before" pic and nobody cares. Heh heh, it`s like the stuff I see here at Autopia exists in some parallel universe where people care about stuff like marring, including the local "detailers".
    yea you guys have a point

and as far as the fenders, I swear I saw a video where dodge said they are once piece fenders, but then why not have them molded? Maybe I was misheard that he said.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

also the 0-60, skid pad and qtr mile are a little bit better than a normal HC, which is at least an improvement

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, if the numbers *weren`t* better it`d be pretty stupid IMO. Not that I really expect many buyers to notice the diff.

Sorta reminds me of some Porsches- the widebody looks cool to [a certain demographic] but the narrow ones perform better.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet it has a terrible turning radius and I mean, my car has a terrible turning radius as it is and I have 245s up front.

I`m sure they`ve made some improvements over the years but it couldn`t be much better and with those huge 315 tires that can`t help.

edit: I guess you`ll just have to whip the back end out and around instead

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how those tires are with regard to hydroplaning/etc.

Would they affect the turning radius? Are things tight in there? Eh, all sorts of vehicles have turning radii that I couldn`t live with these days. Guess it`s another thing that "doesn`t matter"...until it does.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how those tires are with regard to hydroplaning/etc.

Would they affect the turning radius? Are things tight in there? Eh, all sorts of vehicles have turning radii that I couldn`t live with these days. Guess it`s another thing that "doesn`t matter"...until it does.
    Doesn`t matter. It wasn`t made to turn/corner. It`s a straight line car.......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Doesn`t matter. It wasn`t made to turn/corner. It`s a straight line car.......
    Heh heh, compared to your `vette it certainly is

But nah, that`d be the Demon, which is gonna kill some dummies for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 512Detail
    and as far as the fenders, I swear I saw a video where dodge said they are once piece fenders, but then why not have them molded? Maybe I was misheard that he said.
    Maybe it`s one of those technicalities...the FENDERS are one-piece but the flares are something separate. Corporate mumbo-jumbo like when Mazda said my MPV`s bumpers were a "bolt-on accessory" and thus not covered by the Corrosion Perforation Warranty. (Yeah, a rusted-through, from the inside, rear bumper that wouldn`t have held up in a crash...not covered.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information