Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here kitty kitty?

I`ll see him in a few minutes and see if I can give him the last little "push" he might need. It might force him to start detailing other makes of vehicles other than Mopar`s to pay for the "CAT".
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

And this is antithesis of the adage that "detailers NEVER own black vehicles". While color may be a consideration in some cars, the car itself and the sum of its parts appeal more to true car-people.

While I never like yellow as car color that I would personally buy, if it came on a Porsche 911 GT at a steal-of-a-deal, or if I won one in a raffle or someone gave it to me, I`d drive it! Vehicle color is one of those subjective things: sometimes it`s important, or sometimes its secondary to the deal and car.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- Heh heh, by your Standards I`m definitely *not* "true car-people"

Post Thanks / Like

Buy it!!! You only live once.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice car for sure, don`t want to have buyer remorse on 6spd vs 8spd. Always fun grabbing gears the car is a beast with 6spd, I drove 6spd and 8spd at SRT track experience couple years ago. Myself because I know I would race it would want 8spd, the cars goes threw gears so quick, and much more friendly in traffic. But it`s hard to beat the fun of 6spd on the street but major respect for the power. Tough choice for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

alright. spoke with the dealership
    sent them some pics of my truck and car and they actually made me a better offer on my car and truck that our local "friendly" dealership had this past December

I spoke with my credit union on the loan amt needed and they verified my approval

I discussed a deal which I think is pretty fair (but probably could be better- I mean I`m sure they can tell I`m salivating here- haha)

I thought about the monetary hit (monthly payment) and what that would do to my current living situation and I decided I will save that car payment amount until December, just have it directly withdrawn from my paycheck each month and deposited into a savings account, and then in December when I get my Christmas bonus (we get 75% up front and the other 25% in Jan) I will go Hellcat shopping again with a much larger downpayment and knowledge of what kind of lifestyle changes I`ll have to make to keep up with making X amount car payment (which will probably be a little bit lower by that time)....this (along with a little detail $ hustle) will also put me in the potential brand new Hellcat buyer market. I really think there will still be some of these tri coat cars available then but the warranty is getting towards the back end on the year side on a 2015 so that is something I need to take into consideration as well.

I think that`s the wisest decision I could make here...even though I really want to just call in tomorrow and go pick up a new car, ha.

Brandt K.
    Likes ShakingHorizons, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    sent them some pics of my truck and car and they actually made me a better offer on my car and truck that our local "friendly" dealership had this past December

I spoke with my credit union on the loan amt needed and they verified my approval

I discussed a deal which I think is pretty fair (but probably could be better- I mean I`m sure they can tell I`m salivating here- haha)

I thought about the monetary hit (monthly payment) and what that would do to my current living situation and I decided I will save that car payment amount until December, just have it directly withdrawn from my paycheck each month and deposited into a savings account, and then in December when I get my Christmas bonus (we get 75% up front and the other 25% in Jan) I will go Hellcat shopping again with a much larger downpayment and knowledge of what kind of lifestyle changes I`ll have to make to keep up with making X amount car payment (which will probably be a little bit lower by that time)....plus this will also put me in the potential brand new Hellcat buyer market.

I think that`s the wisest decision I could make here...even though I really want to just call in tomorrow and go pick up a new car, ha.
    Sometimes giving yourself time to prepare for a large purchase makes for less stress. Good, logical decision.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Sometimes giving yourself time to prepare for a large purchase makes for less stress. Good, logical decision.
    now I just realized I may be faced with a December decision of (heads/cam/slicks/torque convertor) or Hellcat

oh dangit!

Brandt K.
    Likes CerceS550 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

now the question becomes- should I start shopping my car for private sale? I could probably get 2-3k more private sale and have nothing but time to wait for the "right" buyer

Brandt K.
    Likes CerceS550 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about the monetary hit (monthly payment) and what that would do to my current living situation and I decided I will save that car payment amount until December, just have it directly withdrawn from my paycheck each month and deposited into a savings account, and then in December when I get my Christmas bonus (we get 75% up front and the other 25% in Jan) I will go Hellcat shopping again with a much larger downpayment and knowledge of what kind of lifestyle changes I`ll have to make to keep up with making X amount car payment (which will probably be a little bit lower by that time)....this (along with a little detail $ hustle) will also put me in the potential brand new Hellcat buyer market. I really think there will still be some of these tri coat cars available then but the warranty is getting towards the back end on the year side on a 2015 so that is something I need to take into consideration as well.

Good decision. The car is definitely worth buying, its a Hellcat for goodness sakes, but it has to be the right fit for you. You may end up getting a bit better deal in December vs. June for a Hellcat as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d put it up for sale now and if it sells it sells if not you trade it in when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512detail- I agree about that being the wisest decision, props to you for thinking this through the way you have. That additional debt and "alteration of lifestyle to have a wonderful car" stuff...well, you can guess my views

Post Thanks / Like

now the question becomes- should I start shopping my car for private sale? I could probably get 2-3k more private sale and have nothing but time to wait for the "right" buyer
    If you can survive without it for few months then yes, I`d try private sale asap. That way you can save the profit you make and also continue to make that payment and any little extra into an account for down payment on HC.
    2015 carry 100k power train warranty, 2016 carry 60k power train. Bumper to bumper is 3yrs 36 on both. Look for one that hasn`t had motor modified like pulley swap or tune, those void a warranty asap should any powertrain problems happen, most dealers work with the customer but should Dodge ask dealer for computer scan or send someone out the warranty is void. Lots of HC out there on lease so keep in mind every 2yrs or less new models will start showing up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    If you can survive without it for few months then yes, I`d try private sale asap. That way you can save the profit you make and also continue to make that payment and any little extra into an account for down payment on HC.
    2015 carry 100k power train warranty, 2016 carry 60k power train. Bumper to bumper is 3yrs 36 on both. Look for one that hasn`t had motor modified like pulley swap or tune, those void a warranty asap should any powertrain problems happen, most dealers work with the customer but should Dodge ask dealer for computer scan or send someone out the warranty is void. Lots of HC out there on lease so keep in mind every 2yrs or less new models will start showing up.
    yea I`m thinking unless I find a smoking deal on a 2015, I`m going to have to live with pitch black or another color, because I need that warranty to have at least 1.5-2 years left on it in case I break something testing the limits of inertia and speed a quarter mile at a time,

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

All these posts reminds me of the battle I am going through on trying to justify buying a Corvette. For about 6 years now it has been running around in my head that I am getting older and don`t have much time left for the fun things in life. Just can`t justify having 2 vehicles and ended up 5 years ago buying my Camaro and have been driving it year `round without a hitch. I had been looking for a `Vette that is around 10 years old or so that I could afford.

Well, now it is 5 years later and the wheels are turning again but all the same stuff is running through my head along with the idea that my V6 Camaro is more than enough to get me in trouble and I am still enjoying it, but then again.....

Hopefully you find what you are looking for and it all works out.

PS. Black looks awesome when it has been cleaned and shined but for me that only lasts like 10 minutes! I will say one thing is that I will never buy black again. I kind of settled for it when looking for a Camaro thinking how hard could it be to keep clean!
    Dean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information