Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Car forums that aren`t about detailing

This is a pretty damn good forum. A little slow, but very knowledgeable. For detailing information, I come here.

But I also have car questions that aren`t about detailing. Like my new RAV4 I`m wondering about replacing the head unit and wanna read about other people`s experience doing the same thing. Unfortunately, the Toyota or RAV4 forums I`ve found so far, the amount of expertise amongst the people posting has been very hit or miss.

I`m interested in what you guys think are knowledgeable car forums on subjects other than detailing. Even if it`s not a Toyota forum. Although I am very interested in finding a high quality Toyota forum.

and my Mom has what I think is an `07 BMW 3-Series I have to ask questions about. If someone knows a good BMW forum, I`d love to hear about that o.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car forums that aren`t about detailing

bimmerfest.com
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Garage journal is a life forum.

All types from contractors to auto techs to seriously talented guys restoring cars, houses, electrical systems, security cameras, and much more ALL willing to help each other if you are a normal poster.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on Bimmerfest. I get real answers fast.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...s.php?ubb=cfrm

It`s a site with a wealth of knowledge. Anything you might need to know somebody can tell you.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For Jeeps, the JeepForum. Porsche, Rennlist.

Post Thanks / Like

For porsche I`ve always been partial to 6speedonline. Ironically most are now pdk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    For Jeeps, the JeepForum. Porsche, Rennlist.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought on Car Forums in general- When somebody who`s a Poobah on some forum posts utterly incorrect, ludicrous *DETAILING* advice (or any other topic where I possess genuine Expert Knowledge), let alone when he claims it`s based on first-hand experience, it casts a pall over everything he posts for me. That`s happened with guys who absolutely know their stuff mechanically..they`re real, bonafide EXPERTS who do this stuff for a living and have countless satisfied customers IRL...but I can`t shake the idea that there`s something so wrong with their thought processes that they simply shouldn`t be granted credibility on *any* topic.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m on www.svtperformance.com probably more than any other message board
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes xspwrstang liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

For the RAV go here:

Toyota RAV4 Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    For the RAV go here:

Toyota RAV4 Forums
    That`s where I been going and feel like I`m getting hit or miss info. But maybe it`s the best available for the RAV4?

i checked out that Bimmerfest forum recommended above and was very impressed.

Maybe it`s a difference in the type of people who drive the cars? Toyota doesn`t attract gearheads and people can afford just to have a real mechanic do everything? BMW`s on the other hand, you`re gonna be more engaged in the ownership experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by levander View Post
    BMW`s on the other hand, you`re gonna be more engaged in the ownership experience.
    IME it`s sorta an either/or with little middleground. At present, not a single one of the MANY Bimmer owners I know IRL will DIY anything. Not a wiperblade, nothing. Not even the Car Guys who do track days/shows/etc. They don`t touch `em mechanically and I can`t even think of one who does his/her own detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    IME it`s sorta an either/or with little middleground. At present, not a single one of the MANY Bimmer owners I know IRL will DIY anything. Not a wiperblade, nothing. Not even the Car Guys who do track days/shows/etc. They don`t touch `em mechanically and I can`t even think of one who does his/her own detailing.
    Yeah, good point. I over-generalize they way I put it. But I imagine it`s something like there are more people who own BMW`s who are really engaged in the ownership experience. I`m sure there are gearheads out in the back tinkering with their Toyota. I just imagine there are way more gear heads who do that with BMW`s, or Mustangs, or cars like that... Or at least the BMW gear heads would be more enthusiastic about it, and do stuff like participate in online forums about it...

Post Thanks / Like

levander- Yeah, probably the same with brands like VW- lots of people who don`t do their own wiperblades, lots of other people who *do* do their own engine swaps.

Post Thanks / Like

I own a BMW all I`m going to do is change the oil (myself) and keep it shiny. The dealer can do the major wrenching. A lot of BMW owners seem to do many modifications to their cars. I haven`t got around to modifying mine yet other than tinting the windows, but I am going to boost the power some by replacing the ECU. I hear that will give my diesel even more torque.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information