Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 2017 RAPTOR on lot.

that 6.2 with 10 speed would be saweet in that truck

when I detailed that Raptor I was really impressed with the interior...I liked all the buttons and stuff

Brandt K.
    Likes nickclark08, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    all that cladding is a nightmare ... interior needs an update .. looks like a slightly upgraded F150

probably runs awesome
    I agree with the cladding, wouldn`t want to dress it. Not sure what`s not to like about a F150`s interior, though the Raptor`s may be a little over the top accent wise.

I`ve been in all of the Big 3`s new loaded trucks just recently (Laramie Limited 2500 Diesel, Silverado High Country 1500 and Platinum F150). All 3 are 60K trucks. I have neighbors/friends that have these new trucks and they`re all beautiful. GM`s blue paint is very, very pretty. It drove the most car like of the 3. I guess that could be considered good or bad but the older I get the more I like it. The 3/4 ton Dodge and short bed/wheel base on the Ford made both of these ride stiffer than the longer bed half ton Chevy. The SPORT button on the Ford is a lot of fun, it`s very fast albeit quiet as OE trucks go. Diesel`s aren`t my thing so the Dodge was my least favorite to drive, it will however plant you in your seat when you stab it. For someone who is towing it would jump to the top of the list. It did have a neat feature behind the drivers seat there is an ice box under the floor mat.

I`ve had a chance to drive all 3 and actually discussed the interiors with the owners, even got their opinions on the competition. Their thoughts were pretty much the same as mine. The Ford doesn`t give an inch to any of them when it comes to a nice interior. The creature comforts are top notch, they look great, feel very solid, they`re roomy, well thought out and nicely laid out. They also happen to fit me very well, maybe that isn`t true for everyone. The seats are firm and very supportive, more so in my opinion than the other 2. The Silverado seats were a little soft. Not saying the others aren`t nice but the Ford certainly isn`t outdated in a heads up comparison. Different strokes for different folks but that`s just my 2 cents worth. Don`t think you`d get a bad truck from any of the Big 3 at this point in time, all make nice vehicles.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

10 speed automatic? Really!? I might be wrong, but it seems like that`s begging for trouble after the warranty is up. Bring back the manuals.... not that I`m biased or anything...
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

If I was shopping trucks, I think my money would be on the RAM REBEL.

2017 Ram 1500 Rebel For Sale | Johnstown PA . VIN: 1C6RR7YT2HS581710 Color: Bright White
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    10 speed automatic? Really!? I might be wrong, but it seems like that`s begging for trouble after the warranty is up. Bring back the manuals.... not that I`m biased or anything...
    I think this 10 speed is the transmission that Chevrolet and Ford jointly developed. They`re also doing a 9 speed transmission for transverse mounted engines as well. This is the transmission that will also show up in the 650 HP Camaro. It`s supposed to be the next big thing as transmissions go.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

If I were in need of a pick up this is the apex preditor. My close buddy has a dodge Laramie pick up with a hemi that is super sweet. A little more understated than a Raptor but it runs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    If I was shopping trucks, I think my money would be on the RAM REBEL.
    Price is considerably better than the Raptor. I used the OE websites to build comparable trucks the Raptor ended up costing (within a couple hundred dollars) 10K more with similar features. That said, having been around these EcoBoosts since they came out, I`d be hard pressed to take the Hemi in its stock form over the little twin turbo. Now if I bought one with the intention of building one up but still as a streetable daily driver? Well... I`d probably still take the EcoBoost.

Don`t get me wrong, I really like the SuperCharged Hemi`s.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Got to see it in the flesh today. Will not lie, in person it is a very impressive truck. Interior is top notch. The redesign to me is awesome. Big and intimidating.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information