Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESOTERIC - Open House 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Concourswanna b View Post
    It was a fun day, and worth the drive.
    Hey Troy, I saw a GTI with some really nice wheels and a distinctive number on the plates.

That sounds like me. I parked over away from the main building as I didn`t feel it was nice enough compared to the BMW`s, Porshe`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, was a great event...beautiful weather.

Spoke with Kai for a while, showed me the new Overcoat and had me give it a try on the test panel; very light buff off with no trace left behind and much, much slicker to the touch afterwards. Very nice, informative guy; a lot of what he explained about the new Overcoat chemistry was way over my head. He also touched on ISM Pro a bit; kinda a supercharged ISM with a harder, candy like appearance and performance. Unfortunately a Pro-only product.

The Kamikaze loot:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates guys. I enjoyed the read.

Post Thanks / Like

Also talked to the Gyeon folks for a good bit. Inquired about the specifics of Gyeon Booster and it`s flourine-based similarities to the topcoat in the Pro-only Durabead coating (Mohs base and Durabead topcoat). He confirmed the similarities and said Gyeon Mohs topped with Booster would be very similar to Gyeon Durabead, less a bit of durability.

As far as Booster alone, he indicated it wasn`t so much a topper in and of itself as it was also a catalyst of sorts for the coating underneath it, hence the requirement to apply within a certain time frame with regard to the SiO2 coating base it`s being applied over. Some kinda chemical reaction between Booster/Base Coat.

With my recent curiosity regarding the TAC Moonlight and it`s 20-25% SiO2, I asked about Can Coat and it`s chemical content with regards to SiO2 content. While the Gyeon website lists it as "> 10%" he mentioned in the range of 25-30% for Can Coat. Hmmm...

Wanted to get to the Sonax folks to chat about Perfect Finish and the `durable fillers` discussion/claims but couldn`t find an open moment to do so. Did touch on it with the rep running the Rupes demo and he said, much like any DAT polish, there is no problem/fillers as long as it is polished completely through its cycle, reducing the polish carrier agents to easily removed residue, much like other DAT liquids.

Managed to catch Todd Cooperider for a bit to speak with him, had never met him before. Touched on many things from how he got started, the shop and it`s growth, different aspects of the `artistic` side of it...very nice guy with a lot of knowledge to share with a garage hack like myself. As with all of the staff there, great folks and very willing to help out all, from pros to enthusiasts alike. Their Operations Manager Zack, has been very helpful during my burgeoning addiction to all things Kamikaze and all the staff were looking like they were really enjoying themselves, answering questions, passing out raffle tickets, reminding us to be sure to sign up for the giveaways.

They had some of their shop supply cabinets open so of course I looked in to see what they had front and center; many quart sized bottles of things I buy in tiny portions. Suffice it to say the large Polish Angel spray head looks much more natural on a quart/litre of High Gloss than it does on my puny, little 200ml bottle. Kinda funny to see.

On a potentially troublesome note, my wife kinda target locked on a brand new, blue metallic Corvette Grand Sport; apparently the owner, a recent retiree who had wanted a Vette for years, had just picked it up a few weeks ago. He had Esoteric do their complete `Z06` package to it and in the bright sunlight it looked absolutely stunning. Wife `mentioned` that is was the first car she`s seen in years that would cause her to consider getting rid of her treasured black 2004 Corvette. Uh oh...the Budget Plan might be back in effect soon. Sorry Autopia, Autogeek and all the other supply houses...recreational surplus income may be directed elsewhere for a bit.
    Likes Concourswanna b, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kai was very nice to talk with, very informative, over my head about molecules, chemistry break down etc. He took the time to speak with anyone that asked questions and explain I`m detail. Esoteric had Rupes machines setup letting people demo them and giving tips and tricks. Nice display from Gyeon, Sonax had rep onsite demo products. The Esoteric team was very nice, asking if people had questions, talking about products.
    After talking with Kai I think I leaning towards coating my car with ISM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Yep, was a great event...beautiful weather.

Spoke with Kai for a while, showed me the new Overcoat and had me give it a try on the test panel; very light buff off with no trace left behind and much, much slicker to the touch afterwards. Very nice, informative guy; a lot of what he explained about the new Overcoat chemistry was way over my head. He also touched on ISM Pro a bit; kinda a supercharged ISM with a harder, candy like appearance and performance. Unfortunately a Pro-only product.

The Kamikaze loot:
    Budget

Nice win, enjoy
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all who attended and posted comments
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

That sounds like me. I parked over away from the main building as I didn`t feel it was nice enough compared to the BMW`s, Porshe`s.
    Nah, that`s a pretty nice looking car! I just drove my stock Golf.. I parked far out, though...lol.

Post Thanks / Like

There was enough of us that attended that I think next year we should setup a time and do a forum meet and great there as well. Would be nice to talk with some other forum members face to face.

This event 2 years ago is actually how I met Mike Lambert as well which was great.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, HCF liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    There was enough of us that attended that I think next year we should setup a time and do a forum meet and great there as well. Would be nice to talk with some other forum members face to face.

This event 2 years ago is actually how I met Mike Lambert as well which was great.
    Yep, sounds like a plan. Would be nice to meet some of the folks on here.
    I got home a little more charged up to start paying more attention to the cars again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    This reminds me I`ve still got to order a Beast backing plate from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    I had hoped to pick one up but they were sold out.
    I see they are currently `available for pre-order` on the site now; expected arrival June 19.

Post Thanks / Like

They are having 15% off coating sale for father`s day. I stopped an picked ISM pro kit, some of there mf towels.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information