Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dodge SRT Demon Announced

512detail- IMO a whole lot of the HP wars end up just being bench-racing bragging rights for most owners. The power levels get beyond what the tires/platform/driver can handle IRL.

And, noting my goofy-conservative sensibilities, the black plastic aero-aids on that car look utterly atrocious to me, wouldn`t be caught dead in it. Probably would`ve loved it 40 years ago though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    512detail- IMO a whole lot of the HP wars end up just being bench-racing bragging rights for most owners. The power levels get beyond what the tires/platform/driver can handle IRL.

And, noting my goofy-conservative sensibilities, the black plastic aero-aids on that car look utterly atrocious to me, wouldn`t be caught dead in it. Probably would`ve loved it 40 years ago though.
    agree. the rear diffuser is a little funny looking...BUT, take my SRT up to 140 and you`ll wish you had it, lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    agree. the rear diffuser is a little funny looking...BUT, take my SRT up to 140 and you`ll wish you had it, lol
    Heh heh, I bet your SRT is still better up there than my sedans by a pretty wide margin

Honestly, I`d rather have something that I liked looking at even if it meant I had to keep the top speed reasonable. But then I don`t do the Silver State/etc. thing either.

Eh, my last `vette and the Porsches were all nice and stable at [I won`t say how fast] and they still looked nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I bet your SRT is still better up there than my sedans by a pretty wide margin

Honestly, I`d rather have something that I liked looking at even if it meant I had to keep the top speed reasonable. But then I don`t do the Silver State/etc. thing either.

Eh, my last `vette and the Porsches were all nice and stable at [I won`t say how fast] and they still looked nice.
    yea I used to see the back end of my speedo when I was a younger, more silly fellow...now I rarely see it past Back To The Future Delorean time traveling speeds

never knew what aero lift was until I bought this car, lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

In my neck of the woods, triple-digits = car impounded/driver into custody. Guess how Autopian a car is by the time you get it back from the impound yard That`d bug me a lot more than a few hours in the can.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In my neck of the woods, triple-digits = car impounded/driver into custody. Guess how Autopian a car is by the time you get it back from the impound yard That`d bug me a lot more than a few hours in the can.
    the toll road is 85 here.. and its a couple miles from my house

you can see some people breaking many laws out there ,lol

not me though....85 is a nice calm whine for my SRT and fast enough to drive legally that I am satisfied

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

the toll road is 85 here.. and its a couple miles from my house..
    Do they let you off with just a citation for anything under 104? I could live with that most of the time.

......85 is a nice calm whine for my SRT and fast enough to drive legally that I am satisfied
    Yeah, different vehicles/people have different, uhm...natural rythm speeds...where everything just seems right. 85 is about perfect for me in the Tahoe, can`t recall taking it higher since forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Do they let you off with just a citation for anything under 104? I could live with that most of the time.

Yeah, different vehicles/people have different, uhm...natural rythm speeds...where everything just seems right. 85 is about perfect for me in the Tahoe, can`t recall taking it higher since forever.
    I think texas law is 24 over but not to exceed 95 for potential for wreckless driving..but that was a while back last time I checked

Haven`t gotten any tickets in my SRT and I`ve had it since 2009

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I think texas law is 24 over but not to exceed 95 for potential for wreckless driving..but that was a while back last time I checked

Haven`t gotten any tickets in my SRT and I`ve had it since 2009
    Huh, that 95 limit for Officer`s Discretion would`ve bitten Accumulatorette, she skated with merely a (written lower no less) citation for 96/60 once! But at triple-digits you`re getting hooked up here, period. Wish I knew what the rules were for WVA, might oughta look into that sometime. Credit where credit is due- WVA HP troopers are always *really* nice, write tickets down to nearly-nothing and have even told me "you`re clear to the end of the turnpike, I`m the last radar until the tollboth".

And yeah, I haven`t gotten cited for years either, just warnings, and the last guy who did write me up actually apologized (he was the "chase car" in a laser trap where they were trying out their new toy, said he would`ve just given me a warning but it was already in the system).

Now that we`ve taken this way off-topic (yeah, again, I`m bad ) it just goes to show how people who buy cars like Hellcats *and who don`t track them* aren`t buying the actual performance in the sense of actually using/needing it, huh? No, no...I`m not being critical at all! Just saying...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah for sure around here I always say a hellcat is useless unless you just want to say you have one. 35 mph speed limits and round about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you buy a Demon you have to buy it in red. I take that back there is a Blue Demon (DePaul). Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Oh yeah for sure around here I always say a hellcat is useless unless you just want to say you have one....
    Ditto for a whole lotta vehicles IMO, or at least the ultra-spec versions/options.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, that 95 limit for Officer`s Discretion would`ve bitten Accumulatorette, she skated with merely a (written lower no less) citation for 96/60 once! But at triple-digits you`re getting hooked up here, period. Wish I knew what the rules were for WVA, might oughta look into that sometime. Credit where credit is due- WVA HP troopers are always *really* nice, write tickets down to nearly-nothing and have even told me "you`re clear to the end of the turnpike, I`m the last radar until the tollboth".

And yeah, I haven`t gotten cited for years either, just warnings, and the last guy who did write me up actually apologized (he was the "chase car" in a laser trap where they were trying out their new toy, said he would`ve just given me a warning but it was already in the system).

Now that we`ve taken this way off-topic (yeah, again, I`m bad ) it just goes to show how people who buy cars like Hellcats *and who don`t track them* aren`t buying the actual performance in the sense of actually using/needing it, huh? No, no...I`m not being critical at all! Just saying...
    in highschool I got 81 in a 35 for street racing and since I was the only one who pulled over the cop just wrote me a ticket and when I went to court the person who went before me in front of the judge was a real Ahole and he got a few extra fines put on him for contempt etc, and the judge apparently liked me because she let me do defensive driving for that ticket and it went away

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

512detail- heh heh, glad it turned out so well for you! Me?...eh, back when I was young and foolish I lost my license for years on end, and yeah my older less foolish self thinks I sure had it coming.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

To some extent it`s no longer how fast you can go, it`s now how fast can you get to how fast you`re allowed to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information