Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your first car vs your kids first car

I`m old. My first car was a 1968 Torino GT with a 390

Three kids have collectively as first cars: Kia Soul, a Ford Fiesta, and a Ford Focus.

I sold a GTO when the son hit driving age simply so he never had 400hp to control. In retrospect best call I ever made.
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So, my first car was technically a 1991 Plymouth Acclaim that my grandma gave me. I never even got to drive it because the engine took a dump so I sold it to a junkyard and used the money to go towards my 2003 Ford Escape. Had a salvage title and needed a little work but it was a good car.

On a different note... I thought some of the comments on here were a little humorous and read them to the wife... The line "my mothers boss`s mothers car" spawned a comment that I don`t know that I can forgive her for just yet. Now, don`t get me wrong, I`m not the most Corvette obsessed person in the world... but she just said that the old ones "a Stingray I think" are ugly. I told her I need a divorce.
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.
    Likes Poorboy, Nizmo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

wow
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    On a different note... I thought some of the comments on here were a little humorous and read them to the wife... The line "my mothers boss`s mothers car" spawned a comment that I don`t know that I can forgive her for just yet. Now, don`t get me wrong, I`m not the most Corvette obsessed person in the world... but she just said that the old ones "a Stingray I think" are ugly. I told her I need a divorce.
    That isn`t the first time stuff I`ve said got somebody else in trouble
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So, my first car was technically a 1991 Plymouth Acclaim
    Technically my first car was supposed to be a 1969 Mercury Cougar that my father ordered from the factory in 1968 .. it came in all wrong except the color (Grabber Blue / White Top)
    ordered the 351w got the 351modified cleveland .. was a bit more car than my father expected ... by the time my older sister drove the piss out of it without oil and a tree or two stepped out into the road .. there wasn`t much left for me ...

OMG .. even my wife likes old Corvettes
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great first car!

Sport, cool and being a benz safe. A huge factor is only two seats, I`m very glad I had two seats only in my car when I first started driving. I think it`s such a big thing. It lessens the chance of an accident dramatically, why? Distracted driving. Having only two seats means less people and less driving, she won`t be the one driving to a party or driving around friends because everyone wants to be together and having only one seat just doesn`t cut it. + less distractions inside the car as well.
    Thanks Poorboy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool first car!

Mine was 5 year old Chevy Luv truck (really an Isuzu) in yellow, with a flying lady with green wings hood ornament. My dads friend had a used car lot, I bought it from him. It did not take long before it had white spoke wells, bigger tires, and `roll` bar with KC Hi Liters, and an underdash FM/cassette radio. No AC though.
    My sons first car was not much better - it was 2 months older that he was and he paid for it himself! My M-I-L sold him her 1992 Ford Crown Vic. What a great first car! Lots of room for the other members of the basketball team, and built like a tank. He had 2 people hit him in low speed collisions, with barely a scratch on the Vic.
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Vw bug. FTW!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

wow. sweet ride...

my first car was an 88 Honda accord (forrest green color)
    I received it when I was 14 and drove illegally for a year until I could get my hardship permit

I have no children (that I`m aware of ) but I would probably get my child a much nicer car that I was given when/if that day ever comes--I will probably give them a hand me down so I can get something new at the time!

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

my first was a 1953 ford f 100 truck that needed a new engine and 3 speed transmission for $50.00 dollars worked all summer to pay for truck and parts
    Likes JBM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My first car was a 68 Plymouth fury 3. My dad bought it for me for 300. He told me later he wanted me safe and didnt want to be a grandfather.

Was a pretty good babe repellent, but I did manage a hottie despite his efforts

It was 1986 and was beat when I got it, here it is in good condition.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I too had a 78 4 door Nova but I bought it myself, daddy didn`t buy mine so I had to buy what I could afford. It was 10years old at the time and like $400. My daughter is only 13 so we have a few more years. I too will not be buying her a car. I will probably match what she saves though. I loved that Nova and have had 3 more since then...in different doors configurations.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a kid yet, but I bought my first car when I was 21. A 1999 Mustang GT 5 Speed. I learned how to drive a manual on the 1 hour way home from picking it up.

-Adrian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information