Thread: 88 fiero gt

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation 88 fiero gt

Had much love for the fiero. Had a 85 and 87. Found this on a search. 221 miles. Never titled. Window sticker never removed. This has got to be the one time find. UNREAL. 88 Too. The best and last year for them.

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT For Sale - CarGurus
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes Ronkh, Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 88 fiero gt

Cool
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, cool find...but I can`t help but wonder how much mechanical work it`ll need after so much inactivity.

And heh heh, I`ll be pretty surprised if Fieros ever reach the 6-figure mark, but then all sorts of [crappy] cars from back in the day are going for big money these days.

Post Thanks / Like

1,312 days on CarGurus

I think it`s been for sale for a while.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy a car could go untouched like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Crazy a car could go untouched like that.
    They really didn`t have a great reliability record, that coupled with the raise in price.............................
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would never suggest buying a car that has sat this long and expect not to have to go through an dump a ton of $ on a restoration. I this case you will never get it back.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how bad the paint is with 30 years of dealership love?

Post Thanks / Like

If I *really* wanted one of those, I`d buy that and spend whatever it takes to bring the mechanicals up to snuff. The "not molested" factor would make it worth it to me. But yeah...it`d be a pretty expensive proposition and I`d never expect to recoup the cost.

I`d rather deal with 30 years of dealership showroom wipe-downs than 30 years of "loving use" and/or "detailing". With any luck the paint is still nice and thick and there shouldn`t be any significant rust.

I`d buy certain Audis with that sort of history in a heartbeat

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 84 fiero I can`t even see for 500 without being lowbaed on CL for 200 or 350 if I get it running bu installing a 53 dollar fuel pump lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    If I *really* wanted one of those, I`d buy that and spend whatever it takes to bring the mechanicals up to snuff. The "not molested" factor would make it worth it to me. But yeah...it`d be a pretty expensive proposition and I`d never expect to recoup the cost.

I`d rather deal with 30 years of dealership showroom wipe-downs than 30 years of "loving use" and/or "detailing". With any luck the paint is still nice and thick and there shouldn`t be any significant rust.

I`d buy certain Audis with that sort of history in a heartbeat
    I am with you there Accumulator,my dream would be a 1985 Audi Quattro in white or black totally original,one day I will.

Post Thanks / Like

jerry r- I`d like one of those too, I have moments where my `93 V8 (last of the `80s-tech/look Quattros IMO) pleases me a lot more than my newer/"better" ones.

But have you seen the prices?!? Some old Quattros are in that Bill-Gates-Money category. And then there`s the issue of parts...took many months to find a wiper motor (used, in a German junkyard) and the dealers can`t even get OE oil filters any more (Wix still lists them). Find the perfect car and suddenly it`s a papeweight because some little, but crucial, part breaks or wears out. Audi isn`t like some other makes in that regard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    jerry r- I`d like one of those too, I have moments where my `93 V8 (last of the `80s-tech/look Quattros IMO) pleases me a lot more than my newer/"better" ones.

But have you seen the prices?!? Some old Quattros are in that Bill-Gates-Money category. And then there`s the issue of parts...took many months to find a wiper motor (used, in a German junkyard) and the dealers can`t even get OE oil filters any more (Wix still lists them). Find the perfect car and suddenly it`s a papeweight because some little, but crucial, part breaks or wears out. Audi isn`t like some other makes in that regard
    Yes I have heard that about them,theres a guy over in the UK that bought up all the stock for old Audis and sells them out of his house filters,belts,balljoints and all the rest that he gets his hands on,but unfortunately its all in limited supply.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in 99 I had an 88 GT fiero! Pearl Harbor Hawaii in my Navy days. Amazing car, I Friggin loved that car. I transferred off the island day before I left the guy that was gonna buy it bailed on me and I had to canvas the barracks to find some one to buy it. Ended up selling it for $1200 . It was an 88, 5-speed, removable sunroof, 80k miles...

Post Thanks / Like

MshawnBauer- That would`ve been a cool car for toolin` around the island, too bad you had to let it go so cheaply.

Thread Information